1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Iodine -

Discussion in 'Biohacking 101' started by Aggie, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Danny

Danny New Member

I had nervous system symptoms from taking 15 drops, daily, of lugol's 2%. One month later and I think I am still feeling some of the "side effects"

2. Danny

Danny New Member

Hi Audrey! How long did it take after you stopped the iodine for your TSH to go back down? The side effects for me were horrible. I couldn't relax my breathing at times. My hormones were all out of whack. I think I am still feeling the effects. I just read my notes and I stopped taking it 2.5 weeks ago. Thanks!

3. Penny

Penny New Member

I have recently been eating seaweed/kelp flakes - I put them into food sometimes - I thought Dr. K said to eat some seaweed if you were eating meat - so that's what I do whenever I think of it - ioderal was bizarre - since I'm taking Armour, I take it slow with anything to do with thyroid - like tyrosine/iodine - I do take a kelp pill and try to remember selenium - but most days I space taking any pills - am religious about bedtime supps though - I get quite a memory improvement with phospholipids - PS/PC - I'm remembering even more now since I've made it a point to eat seafood every day - it's cool really:)

My favorite supp has got to be molybdenum:) For energy, nothing beats a Ubiquinol IMHO -

Danny likes this.
  4. caroline

caroline Moderator

sorry Danny - I have no idea how long - I wouldn't have tested for awhile I suppose. You sound much more sensitive.

Dr. K. always tells us to get supplementation in it's natural package!

How are you feeling now?

Danny likes this.
  5. Danny

Danny New Member

I actually feel much better now thanks! I've heard that iodine can cause issues in people w/ autoimmune conditions. I'm sticking to real food for my nutrients from now on. I also had a chiropractor tell me to take a certain homeopathic med shortly after stopping my iodine. I think that might have made things worse for a while.

6. caroline

caroline Moderator

Some people here had issues with detox after starting iodine. So glad you are feeling better!