1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Interpretation of carb-intake on Leptin RX

Discussion in 'The Leptin Rx' started by jenslangenbach_germany, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Hey, hope everyone is doing fine!

I'm just about to start the Leptin RX with my girlfriend who has some weight to lose.
    After reading about it in the Epi-Paleo-RX Book, I'm a bit confused about what to make of the whole carbohydrate-intake.

The book states to eat up to (and no more than) 50g of carbs in the morning, but try to limit carb-intake to 25g in the next paragraph.

which one is correct?

upload_2019-6-2_9-13-10.png

2. Dont get me wrong, i do understand the fact that blue light trumps nutrition, but right out of the gate it is too different of a concept to tell her "hey, trump all the bad light sources around you and get your ass outside", i have to show her that these methods work first, the rest will fall into place eventually.

i would understand the above-posted outtake from the book as "for the whole day, dont exceed 50g, the amount in the morning ALWAYS has to be under 50g and is determined by the individual. the more carbs one eats in the morning, the less should be consumed during the day", does this statement cut it?

3. Anne V

Anne V Gold

25g if overweight by more than 30lbs the book says :)

4. Anne V

Anne V Gold

the advice is to eat what is grown locally.so now you have vegetables growing ie asparagus ...
    if not grown locally, dont eat it ie: banana as there is no banana tree in Germany
    for circadian rythm keep the light and the food agreeing with each other.
    to keep the correct information . hope that helps.

Sean Waters likes this.
  5. @jenslangenbach_germany ......... I came across a few "errors" in the book and protocols myself, I'm not so sure they were errors now.

I spent a lot of time mentally on these small details and at times I was frustrated there was no clear definitive answers.

Turns out, that all the trial and error it forced me to undertake helped me to understand my own carb tolerance and needs for my own n=1.

6. I believe if the carbs are coming from green leafy veggies grown locally, all good. Problem is carbs from sugar, starch or fruit. Tomatoes, peas, beans, sauces and dressings with sugar, fruits are all problematic as thete is an insulan response. If you can avoid all non green veggie carbs for a few weeks and then add in small amounts to see how many carbs you can handle. My wife can eat alot more carbs than me with less response. Good luck!

Anne V and Sean Waters like this.