1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Internet-addicted infants "lack motor skills"

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by Gagnrad, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Gagnrad

Gagnrad New Member

"It was claimed" is suitably cautious. I'd not be surprised if this were true, however. The rest of the article ought to disturb people's complacency, too, but I'm not sure it will.

Much more here:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/educatio...oy-building-blocks-due-to-iPad-addiction.html

Changing the subject somewhat ...

"Turn off wi-fi overnight" is telling. People leave it on permanently. I never have and can't really fathom the laziness behind the reluctance to flip a switch.

Interestingly, BT the national telecoms provider in the UK says it has "millions" of wi-fi "hotspots" worldwide. I haven't tried to confirm this by looking online but my guess is that when they send you out a router they have it set to accept connections from any BT user who inputs his or her user credentials. How else could they have millions of wi-fi connections available? It would certainly explain why they are so eager to send you out a router: I had one, but they insisted on sending me their own when I signed up for service with them and made out that they were doing me a favour by "only" charging me a few quid for it. it's a pretty powerful one -- 811 g or n or the latest whatever with a pretty powerful signal that will go through walls and clean across the street for sure.

I have, of course, surfed to the IP address that is assigned to the router and turned wireless off, using hardwired ethernet cable instead. The router doesn't like it, though. Every time I turn it on it take a few minutes going through a sequence of different coloured flashing lights before it finally "decides" it's not going to be able to be open to wireless, gives up, and settles down with a solid blue light, indicating "ready".

If BT are doing what I think they're doing, a national campaign for people to switch their routers off when they're not using them, as the teacher from Ulster who's quoted wants, would sure put a spoke in their wheel. :)

Shijin13 likes this.
  2. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

That is just too sad! I would be very worried about the social and physical development.

To think of all the hours I played outside as a child from morning to dusk...it's like a different era when I think of it now.

Gagnrad likes this.
  3. Gagnrad

Gagnrad New Member

Yep. So did I.

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

When I get to third blog in this series you need to remember this post.

5. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

We've had discussions with friends who think ipads are ok for kids. When we talk about the need for kids learning basic skills they just say we're luddites. to which we laugh.. maybe we are - but Chaos and Havoc don't need to "practice" using an ipad. they already know how... but they do need to build spacial skills such as building with blocks, using their imaginations, and playing outside.

6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Why do infants have this happen........think Jeremy and Temple Grandin. electron steal syndrome from the subcutaneous fat cells of kids is why. the silicon semiconductors cause an electron depletion because the childs' semiconductors are carbon based. Any place two dissimilar semiconductors occur we get avalanche collapse of the lower powered system. Now consider the purpose of subcutaneous fat in the human infant. Please carefully re read EE1.

Implications:

FIAF builds the sub cutaneous fat mass in humans. FIAF grows when their is a scarcity signal. This implies that the gut microbiota has to take a lot of the electrons in food for themselves. This is also why the human gut shortened from primates. When it shortened it helped craft the FIAF signal to develop sub cutaneous fat mass to support post natal brain growth. The second ecologic effect of a shorted gut is it created an island of isolation for the microbiota. This gave the human gut microbiome a severe diversity compared to other primates. Our teeth are very different from other primates as well and do not allow us to chew as well. Babies have no teeth. In fact children also have a primary dentition that really are underdeveloped.........EVER WONDER WHY??

This delivers more unprocessed food to this diverse microbiome which makes things for us that drive organ health in many places to continue to under process food for the growing brain to provide it with a massive influx of electrons and not PROTONS. PROTONS are for the gut bugs when O2 is not present.

. The underpinning here is when you are isolating and shortening your gut for the microbiome it implies you can only do this when food sources with a dense source of electrons are present. this is the marine food chain. This is why human evolution began in the East African rift adjacent to the ocean. The electron is massless and can carry huge amounts of energy and information at a low thermodynamic cost compared to a proton. This is why humans have built their most complex systems, the brain and immune systems, around electrons and not protons. Protons are used to signal in the mitochondria the signals the environment provides. These signals then tell the cytochromes how to process foods.......in cytochrome 1 or two. The other cytochromes are used to signal the change programs in mitochondria, namely autophagy and apoptosis by opening a pore in the mitochondrial membrane to increase mitochondrial size. This is how heteroplasmy occurs in our mitochondria in centenarians.

The better the redox potential the more heteroplasmy we see because it tells us the organism is best able to handle the changing signals in the environment. When the redox potential is not as good we employ too much apoptosis and not enough autophagy.......and we deplete stem cells. Where do the human stem cells come from? The most plastic human stem cell is in subcutaneous fat. To access those stem cells requires a massive stream of electrons in the sympathetic nervous system. Beta 3 agonists increase adiponectin and allow us to tap the stem cells.......alpha 2 agonists in SNS shut it off. Leptin resistance increases the alpha two pathway and shuts down the beta 3. Remember CD36 in the mouth we spoke about long ago? It stimulates the beta 3 agonist pathways. CD36 is a mouth receptor for fats in the MOUTH. What else activates beta 3 pathways? Cold weather. Anyone see why CT makes sense yet? This is the pathway where ox/phos is uncoupled and the potential energy locked within the mass filled particle, the proton is used to alter the function of UCP1 to generate free heat and not make any ATP. Protons are used for heat generation and not electrons.........which are reserved for human complex systems

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

So if you're following........when your leptin sensitive why would a guy on the internet tell you to IF?

IFing also provides the "scarcity signal" needed to make a diverse microbiome that take the protons and not the electrons from our food.........but it requires a good redox potential in the gut with exclusion of O2 within the lumen........to reserve electrons for us and give protons to the microbiome.

What did I say in the April webinar Q & A about oxygen? Electrons carry energy and information

Electrons build complexity.

What do humans have that primates do not?

Where do we develop that complexity?

Still think macronutrients and calories matter?

Only a simple mind does.............

BOOM

8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

And Gretchen.........knowing about your kids.......this should really hammer home everything I have told you bout them.

Shijin13 likes this.
  9. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

The more you do not know the more you learn because you focus. This is why the most successful people are dyslexics. This is why you are doing well here. You are not allowing your lack of learning stop you like it has stopped others.......when you emerge from your conclave you will be one very special starfish that can infect other starfish more than I can.........I am an innovator looking to create starfish with focus to do what I can not. In that sense I function a lot like our gut microbiota.

10. Sammy

Sammy New Member

Dr Kruse, thank you for all the information you are bringing to us!

This is an aside. Why is it that so many of us kids these days wear braces? I had my braces when I was 10. My teeth were quite bad. My orthodontist told me I did not chew enough and instructed me to to chew lots of gum...but I did not listen to his advice

11. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Go read my grain brain post........that is why

Sammy and Shijin13 like this.
  12. Gagnrad

Gagnrad New Member

Wouldn't have mattered if you had. Nor is it "racial mixing" that causes it, as was thought in the 1930s. What causes it has been known since the 1930s if orthodontists had been bothered to pay attention:

http://journeytoforever.org/farm_library/price/pricetoc.html

It's a dense text to read, but to get an idea of what it's about go to chapter three and look at the little girls' faces in figures 3 and 4.

Sammy likes this.
  13. Gagnrad

Gagnrad New Member

I think they have to be doing it, Spinergie. How else would they have as many "hotspots" as they claim to have?

I just tried googling:

bt hotspots "home routers"

That gets me a couple of key hits. First:

http://www.smartplanet.com/blog/the-report/comcast-spreads-wi-fi-through-neighborhood-hotspots/

So there's published information that at least one provider (a U.S. one in this case) was "preparing" to do this in an article dated July 2013.

"Like sleeper cells", eh? About right.

It's time the public woke up to what's going on around them.

Secondly, here's another ominous hit from that search:

http://www.electronista.com/article...come.second.time.bt.creates.a.mobile.network/

Yeah, they're doing it. There's no doubt in my mind. And planning on worse -- 4G via people's home routers.

14. Gagnrad

Gagnrad New Member

I think this kind of thing is why Jack says "your postcode matters".

In other words, the way things are going, it's beginning to look as though the best strategy for anyone that can afford it is to live somewhere remote. They'll just be less EMF there. Even in small country towns there must be so much flying around all the time now, and it's only going to get worse for the foreseeable future.

rlee314 and Shijin13 like this.
  15. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Yes Jack this resonates. for both me and the kids. What's interesting is when we're outside working in the yard I no longer have to tell them to take their shoes off. They do it automatically when we go outside.

Even more amazing - I strained/a ligament in my elbow back in January when I was having issues w/my shoulder dislocating (didn't know the shoulder dislocation impacted my elbow it at the time) but it finally caught up with me. My chiropractor has been working on helping me heal it with electrical stimulation and manipulation. She told me to take it easy. Instead I went out and gardened for two whole days - ripping up english ivy, planting new plants and digging in the dirt in general - out side with a tank top on. I've been drinking good water etc. She fully expected me to come in worse than I came in last friday. But my range of motion increased and she could tell I've already started healing. She's blown away by how quickly my body repairs itself. She actually told me I'm healing faster than I did back in November when I tore my calf muscle. Its all about free electrons. Its a little stiff today b/c yesterday I didn't use it at all and we spent to day at the Smithsonian Natural History Museum - so not as much free electrons - unless you count the big boulders we found to sit on after spending the day inside

I also thing each individuals Redox potential is completely driven by their own N=1, their connection with the natural environment and how their body leverages the advantages they have (asthma, sleep apnea, pcos) I full thing I need more carbs along the Leptin Rx right now - but that' doesn't mean I'm eating more every day. I'm interested to see how this all plays out.

Keep laying out the oyster shells. I'll use them to guide my journey. What I find interesting is your comment about dyslexia - its totally true. I do apply myself differently b/c of my dyslexia and its become a great advantage to me.

rlee314 likes this.
  16. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Bingo

rlee314 and Shijin13 like this.
  17. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

EMF Readings have finally made DH take seriously that we MUST move. Even if it means commuting to work. Today we have a relator coming by to take a first look at our house and give us an estimate on what we need to do to sell asap, as well as find a low EMF house with acreage and lots of evergreen trees

time to jump w/o a parachute!

sjoshua, nonchalant, SeaHorse and 2 others like this.
  18. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

I posted this link on my FB page and a friend (whose husband in an exec at Comcast here in Houston) replied:

"It's very slow to unfold. Right now there is only one or two in Houston, but it will be spreading like wildfire before it's over. There is an app to find hot spots if you are interested."

:mad:

No. I am NOT interested in the app! We no longer have Comcast but how long is it before AT&T and other providers follow suit? I am sure there are many Comcast customers in our neighborhood.

It just continues to snowball out of control...

Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
  19. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

Gretchen, that is great news!

20. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Isn't google rolling out something similar in Austin as a test bed? I currently have Cox. and so far they're not pushing this...but you know its around the corner... I Think we're the only people in our group of friends that still have the good old fashioned "Boob Tube"! we have two TVs that still have vacuum tubes! Our big tV is a projector TV. We have no desire to buy a smart TV - even though they look so "Cool". Nope not keeping up w/the joneses

yeah it is good news. We'll see how things pan out....