1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Interesting Study on Ketosis and DHA

Discussion in 'The Epi-Paleo Diet' started by QiGuy1997, Dec 28, 2013.

1. QiGuy1997

QiGuy1997 New Member

While doing some research on ketosis and free fatty acid metabolism, I came across this interesting study: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16125522
    Essentially, ketosis reduces DHA and other PUFAs in the fat and blood, and increases their presence in the brain and liver (by quite substantial amounts). Now, as far as I can tell, the increased accumulation of DHA and AA in the brain is a good thing. The decreased amount of PUFA in the fatty tissue and the blood would be considered very good by Ray Peat/Danny Roddy but I'm not sure whether Dr. Kruse would see this as a good thing or a bad thing. Lastly, I'm not sure if the vastly increased amounts of PUFAs (25x increase in AA and DHA) in liver triglycerides is a good thing or a bad thing. Do they have a role in improving liver function or are they just lingering around, creating lipid peroxides and what not? I'd love to hear the thoughts of this forum's members.