1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Interesting picture on Jupiter's poles reminds me of ........

Discussion in 'Factor X' started by Jack Kruse, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Interesting picture on Jupiter's poles reminds me of ........Raleigh Benard convection cells I think occur in the retina where the blood has to span the distance from the photoreceptor in the RPE to the circulatory system (arteriole of the ophthalmic artery)

These new infrared images of planet-size cyclones clustered around Jupiter's north pole are just nuts. Fabulous work from @NASAJuno.

https://www.missionjuno.swri.edu/news/jupiters-jetstreams-are-unearthly

Mayuri likes this.
  2. Mayuri

Mayuri Silver

The coverage mentioned pretty intense electrical storms on Jupiter too. 3000 miles wide and 3000 miles deep storms, the photos were beautiful. Fascinating details for sure.
    The retina; didn't you say when you are looking into someone's eyes you are actually looking at their brain?

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018