1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Interested in skype/chat with other members here?

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by jeanie@truelongmont.com, Sep 21, 2012.

1. We only bite when requested! Glad you are here, I think everyone here is looking to find their tribe. Let's face it, it's kinda like being a homosexual in the 50's. We were epi-paleo, before epi-paelo was cool.

2. curves64

curves64 Silver

Caveman, thank you for the warm welcome. I am eager to learn the ways of my tribe lol. I am already quite accustomed and comfortable being on the fringes. I would have made a great homosexual in the 50s. As far as being epi-paleo, I say it loud and I say it proud!

3. LinD

LinD New Member

I even went to Costco last night with the Uvex glasses on. If anyone looked at me strangely or for too long, I didn't notice it. Even if they did, who cares? I even stopped coloring my hair and I'm looking a bit scary these days. Maybe they didn't dare look too long!

4. ealachan

ealachan New Member

I went to the laundromat with mine on the other night. Hubs was like "are you gonna wear those?" and I said "YEP!" He goes "won't people think you're weird?" I said "well a) they'd be right and b) screw 'em. If I wanted their opinions, I'd ask them." He was like "alllllrighty then". He didn't wear HIS in, though. Chicken. ;)

5. curves64

curves64 Silver

You should have seen my new bf's face when I first showed up at his place in sexy lingerie and blue blockers. Now he says, "Babe, are you going to wear those blue blockers again tonight?" I think he thinks they're hot. lol

6. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

I wore mine on a trip to Canada last weekend....my sister calls them my Barry Manilows...anyway I wore them at a group dinner and a couple of people told me the next day they had looked up lowbluelight.com and were going to order. People are desparate for good night's sleep...it's not been a hard sell.

7. ealachan

ealachan New Member

ROFL, I love it!

8. kathylu

kathylu Gold

Guilty admission. I ran out to pick up a movie from Redbox last night and I forgot I had the Uvex glasses on. I know they say you are not supposed to drive with them on, but my vision seemed perfectly fine, no problem. So, I may do it again!

9. curves64

curves64 Silver

For what it's worth, I drive everywhere with them on at night. I find I have to pay a bit more attention when I'm driving (in particular for pedestrians) but the nighttime driving experience is way more relaxing. Now, when I'm out on the freeway without them, the oncoming headlights are way too strong and I get a headache.

10. ealachan

ealachan New Member

I drive with mine on frequently, but it's always late at night /early in the morning (4:30am) when there are no pedestrians around, and I live out in the country. The only issue I've ever had while driving with them on is that headlights tend to blend right in with all the other street lights / outside lights on peoples' houses....so sometimes a car will literally look like it's coming out of nowhere. Slightly disconcerting!

11. curves64

curves64 Silver

Wow! You are up and out early! I know the phenomenon of which you speak. That's why I end up paying a lot more attention to my driving while I'm driving which is probably a good thing anyway. I use the time as a way to expand my ability to focus because it takes a lot more focus to reinterpret the things you are familiar with (if that makes any sense).

12. I drove with em the first time the other night! It was a little scary. . . felt unsafe but fun!

13. I've been too scared to do it! You ladies are encouraging me to step out of the box and experience life dangerously!!! Oh....I meant intelligently!

14. ealachan

ealachan New Member

Yeah the 4:30 thing is not by choice. Husband doesn't drive (yet!), so I am his ride to work. Two days a week he does open shifts, which are 4:30 starts. Some nights, like tonight, he does close shifts, where he doesn't get done til 12:30am. I actually like the 4:30am starts better!

15. curves64

curves64 Silver

How sweet. That's love for sure!!!

16. curves64

curves64 Silver

It's definitely a little trippy. As ealachan said, the colors are muted and in some cases blend together so it's a little trippy, and you can't zone out. But it's like driving by candlelight . . . very, very relaxing. Once I did it, there was no going back.

17. I had to drive from NYC to DC last Sunday night. Left at 9:30: totally non-optimal. So I made the best of it, I kitted up with my ice vest and uvex glasses and apparently survived.

I am sure that the dude who pumped my gas in NJ had seen waaay more interesting sights than me driving out of the city at night.