1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Interested in skype/chat with other members here?

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by jeanie@truelongmont.com, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

I see a couple of purposes in the chats. One as kathylu & shijin suggest, using it as a chance to have an in-depth conversation about a health topic. That means studying in advance and being prepared. The other purpose is building the "tribe" as Cavemam put it. For me, that's just random chatter that isn't too scripted so there's no "performance anxiety" about whether you know enough to have the floor and speak. Can we satisfy both needs in one chat? That certainly happens in real life (imagine sitting around the campfire and sometimes you're deadly serious and a moment later laughing till you hurt).

2. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

I don't see why we can't. We've got of smart ppl showing up I also think its about gaining insight from other ppls n=1 (and I'm not talking about applying what I'm doing to someone who doesn't have my issues). I'm talking about picking up the things like how I stumbled into a higher fat breakfast fixing the nausea w/the cycloset I'm talking how ppl are incorporating seasonal foods into their eating I'm confident if we just sat around and gabbed we'd discover each of us has discovered something that can help others. I see it as a la leche league

mtg only were a meeting talking about fuelingyourferrari and what were doing to get to optimal real using its not a destination but a journey. Very way of the peaceful warrior w/o the veganism

3. kathylu

kathylu Gold

I understand, but I think you should feel free to drop in once in a while, even if just for a few minutes. Maybe you have comments you need to "get off your chest" once in a while. Actually, it sounded like you did!

4. I hope you are not going to suggest we whip out any lady parts. That may be lower down the list for me than fish head smoothies on things I didn't think I would have thoughts about a year ago.

5. It wasn't his chest that was irritated. . .

6. Damn, I knew I was going to miss a good one! Hopefully I don't have a conflict next time.

7. I think it would be fun for us, because it would be fun for you - to join in the banter and not feel like you are under obligation as you are in a jack q&a. I think you are probably a nice and fun guy, and it would do all of us good to see THAT Jack once in a while.

8. kathylu

kathylu Gold

Well, I don't think his tinfoil hat was chafing either....lol

9. KiwiLauren

KiwiLauren Gold

You asked for respectful disagreement, Mam, so here I go out on a ledge....

I actually don't think our self-organised calls are the place for Dr Kruse to air his complaints. Every one of us reads everything he writes on the forum and blog. If he wants to complain about things, we will all read and listen. For me, the calls are about mutual-support and shared-learning. They are without a hierarchy... we can all be on camera (or not), we can all ask questions (or not), we can all give answers (or not). One of us is not more qualified than any other, though we each have strengths and weaknesses. This is not aimed as criticism of Dr Kruse in any way, but I think if you join one of our calls it should be because you want to learn and you want to connect with others.

10. That's no ledge, barely a hedge, If I pushed you off you would barely get a scrape! Actually, I'm not sure I disagree with you much.

11. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

That's what LLL is for not our adventures in optimal. But her if you want to be naked I'm not going to stop you!!!

12. KiwiLauren

KiwiLauren Gold

I didn't see this before I posted my other comment. I am not at all suggesting Dr Kruse not be a part if he'd like to, only that I'd like to see these chats have no hierarchy. Getting to know Dr Kruse is great in the same way getting to know each of you is. So, not a webinar where we question and listen to one person's answer. More like a well-managed free for all (where we've all done a bit of homework and also aren't afraid to let loose with humour. (Also, most of the 'complaints' Dr Kruse voiced were about how we behave/write on the forum. If I flip this around, I wouldn't be comfortable hearing one of you complain about me during the chat, which is why these more general complaints of Dr Kruse's need a general (ie forum) audience if they're to be shared.)

13. Coriander

Coriander Silver

I wasn't able to get to the call, so I don't know what you're talking about. Is there anywhere else that Dr K has voiced 'complaints' about how we behave/write on the forum? I mean, is this something that everyone should all be aware of?

14. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

agree totally.......

15. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Simple.......your issues can not be generalize to others who might have the same problem.......writing this way may lead others to try something that may not help them and may hurt them. Then they sour on the process. I have had it happen three times this month and I have decided to change my tact. If I see something that may be mis-conscrewed I am going to edit or clarify it.

16. Coriander

Coriander Silver

More work for you Jack. But thankyou!

17. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

Yeah C, I know you don't like the woo woo hippie stuff and I live for it :D Somehow we get along anyways :cool: Pretty cool.

18. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

Would you be my life coach please? I introvert. I love hugs.

19. curves64

curves64 Silver

Soul, I would gladly and wholeheartedly hug you many many times each day. For now, I'm sending you one virtually. :)

20. curves64

curves64 Silver

And, since I have a poor understanding of forum etiquette or protocol, I'm going to thank you for your response here. It actually made me cry because I'm so out of my element in this arena and I want in.