1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Insect light or candle light?

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by Erik, Nov 27, 2015.

1. Erik

Erik New Member

When the sun goes down (and when i can) i go to bed and read till i sleep with a orange-yellowish bug light (supposed to emmit zero blue light). This really sleeps me down, but i wonder, would a candle light be better?? (even thoug a candle light emmits some blue)... Might this bug light be bad only because its artificial?

2. shah78

shah78 Gold

Why are you asking others? :) Buy ,or better yet make a candle and try it for a week. The answer will probably be obvious to the only one that matters= You= Erik. Good luck .....It's not like you're doing an experiment involving plutonium. Just avoid the plutonium scented candles. :)

Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
  3. Candle has a lot of red and infrared. Heal in the red.

4. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

If you can swing it Coto has an offer of red star LED Christmas lights 655 nm frequency. This weekend only they are half price at 85 pesos.

5. Erik

Erik New Member

great thanks for the advice :)

6. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Just bought them . 655nm they are not. They look too orangey. I reckon more like 635 ish. Anyhow just trying them and for reading they are just about enough. I lke them better than my red bulb though.

7. thomas

thomas Sun Worshipper

Erik and Lahelada like this.