1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Inger's journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Inger, Mar 25, 2013.

1. WOW your boss knows YOU! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! You are so special and so cool!

Inger, Phosphene and caroline like this.
  2. Inger

Inger Silver

Thanks Christine :love: My boss knows everything about how I live, and everyone at work does. We have tons of fun about it.... :D
    I am a little bit in love with all of them :love:

On my birthday it was stormy and rainy - the road to work was flooded at high tide. I guess some lambs/sheep at the pastures around the house drowned too :(. Our guests were so brave they just drove through the water! Wow.. it was scary. I was so proud of them that they came anyways!
    it is a wild and crazy place to work at. That is why I love it so much. It is unpredictable. Nature is, you become so small and helpless in the storm.
    The year I was born, 1976, was the highest flooding ever, at the restaurant. The water was covering the house inside too.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
  3. drezy

drezy Gold

Trust me, Inger.

People born in '76 are cool.

Inger likes this.
  4. caroline

caroline Moderator

I wish you the happiest birthday ever Inger xo

Inger likes this.
  5. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Always reminds me of American Independence Day — 1776.

Wow, what if we lived 200 years ago? Would we be happy back in that simpler (but more brutal) tech-free time or would we still be finding stuff to complicate our lives? :rofl:

I wonder how many of us interacted in past lives? I don’t have any proof of concept, but it makes sense to me and brings me peace.

Happy Birthday Inger. That is the coolest cake I’ve ever seen. :)

Inger and drezy like this.
  6. drezy

drezy Gold

Screw that. My nudism would have been less acceptable then on my current continent.

Given the premise my answer would be everyone and always.

7. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

So much yes! And I think dealing with the inner wounds are much much harder than all the other mitigation we do.

Inger likes this.
  8. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

Happy Birthday lady! That cake will be much enjoyed I'm sure!

Inger likes this.
  9. Inger

Inger Silver

I have already eaten the whole cake except a small piece of fillet of beef!! :eek: :oops: :) it was delicious :)

Are you born that year too Drezy...?
    My boss that made me the cake, he is born the same year and only 2 weeks after me!
    We do go along really well :) :) We are both Fire-dragons in Chinese horoscope....

Thank you all for your kind wishes :love:

I found a treasure today, or two of them, man, was I feeling like a Queen walking through the woods carrying them very carefully in my hand :) :) :) :)
    Foto0394.jpg
    they are so beautiful. And huge!
    Will eat them tomorrow, fried in butter. Yum :)

10. Inger

Inger Silver

Yes Liesel. That is so true. It is the hardest thing to do.

11. drezy

drezy Gold

Yes mam.

Those are huge mushrooms. Do you know what species they are?

Inger likes this.
  12. Inger

Inger Silver

Yes, it is Macrolepiota procera, the parasol mushroom

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macrolepiota_procera

"The height and cap diameter of a mature specimen may both reach 40 cm, a size truly impressive for the fruiting body of an agaric."

I never knew you can eat them and I never saw any either - but I learned it now, I am so lucky :) :)
    Last week I saw them as I was walking through the woods and i wondered wow are those huge and beautiful, maybe they are edible? So I looked in my mushroom book, and they are!
    I always look for edible stuff on the way ;) :)
    I am just a huge fan of wild foods...

Phosphene and drezy like this.
  13. drezy

drezy Gold

Thanks! I get to learn something that I didn't expect today.

How do you plan to cook them?

Inger likes this.
  14. Inger

Inger Silver

wow Drezy, we are both 76ies :) :) :)
    Children of The storm..... maybe that is why we are a bit wild?
    My boss is too!
    I know another friend of mine who is in my heart.. from my school years.. I used to lie down on the grass with her during breaks and we held hands and listened to the birds.. I cannot ever forget that. We loved each other in a special way. Like we were in another world? A beautiful world :) :)
    And it had nothing to do with lesbians (the guys shouted to us that we were lesbians as we walked hand in hand through the school yard but no, it was not. It was something very different and beautiful)
    I love men :) always have.. they fascinate me and I just think the are so cool and beautiful!

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
    Christine_L and Phosphene like this.
  15. Inger

Inger Silver

I am going to just fry them in butter! Maybe add a little onion, I am not sure...
    I guess no. These are so delicious I do not want to mix their taste up :).
    I had a huge mushroom-omelette today for lunch, mushrooms I picked myself but other kind of mushrooms. I fried them up with onions and butter and then poured eggs over (more yolks than whites) it was really good too :), I added salt, pepper, some curcuma, and Herbs the Provence. And tons of butter on the top when it was ready!

Phosphene and drezy like this.
  16. drezy

drezy Gold

Enjoy!

It's steak day in my house. I'm doing them sous vide style and using the leftover fluids + collagen + mushrooms to make a collagen mushroom gravy to spill over the steaks.

Marko Pollo, Phosphene and LieselK like this.
  17. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Mushroom like that used to grow in my parents’ yard and I hesitated picking them due to poisoning potential, but if you’re certain of the ID they’re awesome. Spore prints are really fun and easy to do too, and kind of magical nature art.

@drezy is that added collagen a powder? If so what brand?

18. drezy

drezy Gold

I'm lazy this week so it is a powder. Great Lakes collagen powder.

19. Shrimp and chanterelles cooked outside tonight. Those parasols are beauties! The joy of finding mushrooms is amazing. 20191009_173043.jpg

drezy likes this.
  20. Ronald Waters

Ronald Waters New Member

I think you are exactly right.
    I was never aware of these differences before because artificial light was overwhelming my sensors.