1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Inger's journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Inger, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Christina Gagnon

Christina Gagnon New Member

Thanks so much!

2. Inger

Inger Silver

I got a huge very fresh Galloway heart today at the market.... feel like Christmas eve :) :)
    Galloway heart is my next favorite heart after wild game like Elch. It is sooo delicious, to eat raw, as carpaccio.Those Galloway cattle have been on the pasture right around the corner where I live. The women who owns the farm with her husband reserves every heart for me, always when they slaughter one, I am soo lucky no one else wants them :)

[​IMG]

3. JanSz

JanSz Gold

4. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

That heart is as big as your head! :rofl:

I’ll bet it’s as big as your heart as well. :love:

MITpowered26 likes this.
  5. Inger

Inger Silver

Yes it is huge :)

well... as big as my broken heart? ;)

6. Ronald Waters

Ronald Waters New Member

I have to see what i can find locally. I am able to get grass fed beef liver but I have never tried heart.
    How will you prepare it to eat?

drezy likes this.
  7. Ronald Waters

Ronald Waters New Member

God bless your big beautiful broken heart :D

8. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

LieselK, Mike David and Inger like this.
  9. Inger

Inger Silver

Pretty much what Phosphene said :)

I normally make carpaccio out of it, just had this for lunch, it is now in my belly :) took a pic so you can see what it looks like. I am not slicing it really thin at all, because i like it thicker too, and it goes way faster to make this way ;). I just put the sliced raw heart on the top of organic rucola, some sliced onion on top...
    If I do not get organic rucola I just do without, works perfectly fine too.
    Yesterday I has raw mushrooms sliced too on top of it. And then I sprinkle sea salt and freshly ground black pepper over it all, and add liberal amounts of organic balsamic vinegar and some good quality organic olive oil :)
    Takes like just one or two minutes to prepare, super easy :)
    And it tastes better than many great meal at great restaurants!

[​IMG]

If I have lambs hearts, I sometimes fry them quickly on gentle heat in my cast iron pan, add some curcumin and black pepper and salt. Especially the chewy pieces with blood vessels and such. And the hard fat that surrounds the heart muscle. It is kind of hard to eat raw because it is very dry.
    So I save those "hard to eat" leftovers from the heart as I have finished the tender muscle meat, cut into pieces and fry gently just quickly. I like that a lot too :)

What you see on my plate is about 300 grams of raw heart.

I had to eat a little bit of meat (rare steak) as dessert because I was still a little hungry, huh!
    I guess because I just came home from 2 hours in the sauna..
    First time I tried the sauna in the nearest town. It was so awesome, I did finnish sauna and the most of the time steam sauna... I just could have gone on all day.
    I guess doing so much sauna makes you hungry!

10. Ronald Waters

Ronald Waters New Member

It looks amazing and sounds quite tasty but I must confess that I have never tried anything like that. I will certainly want to find a heart to try or just drop by for lunch.

11. Inger

Inger Silver

Yes definitely try it out Ronald, I bet you will love it :) :)

Todays dinner - want to come over? ;) :)

[​IMG]

I had way more oysters than that but they did not fit on my plate ;). Organic salmon chevice with ginger and Dulse seaweed, marinated mushrooms (i make them myself), and wild oysters with about one spoon on each, of a kind of vinaigrette with onion, raspberry vinaigrette, ACV and lemon juice. It was nice!

And as a started i had ( an hour before this meal...lol) quite a bit of this delicious fatty meat of Galloway;

[​IMG]

The Galloway cattle are all year on the pasture in a neighbor town of mine, and just eat what they find in nature. The meat and fat is soo good, this fat was nicely yellow and soft.. it was just a dream - to eat raw. Thin slices of it... I almost could not stop. It really was divine. You need nothing on it, not even salt or pepper. The taste is so good!

12. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

What cut of beef is that? I’ll bet the farmer will be puzzled when I request the fattiest cuts in the quarter or half cow that I order, instread of the leanest. Usually you get to pick some specific cuts. Is there such a thing as cow belly? :D

Also wondering if freezing meat changes anything in the fat? Seems like it can’t be a bad thing with deuterium.

That fresh chunk does look good though—I’ll see what I can find at the farmers market Wednesday.

13. Ronald Waters

Ronald Waters New Member

Phosphene likes this.
  14. Sheddie

Sheddie Silver

Phosphene likes this.
  15. Anya

Anya Gold

aww, can't see your heart carpaccio
    have some heart
    going make this :p
    do you like it with parmesan?

16. Inger

Inger Silver

That is weird Anya, here it is again, hope you can see it now? :)

[​IMG]

I do not eat much Parmesan, only if I happen to eat in a restaurant and it is on the carpaccio. I do not do pasteurized dairy, and Parmesan normally is pasteurized.
    But do I like it? Sure, yes! :) I love aged cheeses :) But they are like candy for me, instead of buying an ice cream I buy a piece of Roquefort and eat the whole thing..lol but it can be weeks/months in between that I touch any cheese.

17. Inger

Inger Silver

The cut is Querrippe in German, on google it translated to cross rib?
    I have no idea if it is the same.. I tried to look at picture of the English version of it but it looked different than when I put the German word into google. Hmmm..

I just came home from the market, and had more of that fatty cut. She told me this Galloway with the huge heart I got and these fatty cuts, it is a female one. And she told me females have more fat! I cant get enough of this fat. It is so yummy. So soft, I cant even describe it.
    Must be because these Galloways can survive on anything in winter, tree branches, dry grass.. whatever they find. They do not need anything, not even hay. It is a very old brand of cattle surviving very well in the north. Maybe that is what makes the taste so exquisite?
    They do not get any antibiotics, not even anything against parasites. I know, because when I asked for the liver she said it is almost always tossed because it has parasites. So she is not allowed to sell it.

Phosphene likes this.
  18. ElectricUniverse

ElectricUniverse New Member

Querrippe:

"The transverse or diaphragmatic rib is the front part of the ribs of the cow below the neck of the cow and the high rib. The moderately marbled meat is used for stews such as goulash and as cooked meat for stews, soups and broths.

Cross rib is offered without and with bone, then also called ladder piece (after the ribs arranged like ladder rungs). Once the meat is cooked, the ribs can be easily removed."

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

Phosphene likes this.
  19. mjau

mjau New Member

Are you sure that vitalux 80cm away for an hour isn't too much? It doesn't have a continuous spectrum you know. I would love to use my vitalux that much, if I was sure it was safe.

Any thoughts?

20. Inger

Inger Silver

Mjau, to be honest IDK. I just know that it feels really good. I do not get burnt, and it feels so relaxing and energizing at the same time. I turn around under the lamp, I do not radiate one place for 1 hour 40 minutes, Maybe 15 minutes and then I turn around, on the side, my legs, back, belly.. and so on. And I only do it when weather is bad and no sun, and I have time off work to do it in the middle of the day when UV is highest.
    And.. I use my firewaves together with it, from a distance so I get red light all over my body.

mjau likes this.