1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Inger's journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Inger, Mar 25, 2013.

1. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

I am so excited to start my red light adventures! Glad to hear all the wonderful things you're experiencing!

2. Inger

Inger Silver

Liesel, what light did you get? I really recommend a book to go with it... so you know how to use it better! I have Ari Whittens book, I like it very much.

I also have started using grean tea on my face together with the redlight sessions I do for my skin. I use organic Sencha, a powder that I mix with hot water and just put it over my face and chest several times during the use (my own version...lol)

Check out this:
    Green tea and red light--a powerful duo in skin rejuvenation
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed...Dc7pff2-Zjdg_2B3PX4xuhuLaBGwwjipYMqhgZF0IT7ww

it says;

"Rejuvenated skin, reduced wrinkle levels, and juvenile complexion, previously realized in 10 months of light treatment alone were realized in 1 month."

I think this is really worth a try :) :)

Kris, the guy who has designed and sells the Firewave, I talk to him on facebook and he recommended doing it to me, he said it should give even faster result :) I have done it just a few days and I am thinking it is true!

3. Christina Gagnon

Christina Gagnon New Member

Do you know if the Firelight has the flicker problem that other LED red lights do?

4. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

I am working on getting a full panel red light. I had a consult with Jack recently and he suggested using it for 20 min 4-5x/day full body naked. I neeeeeeed the sunlight on my skin daily and it's just not around enough here. I think I will need another smaller light though for other situations- something more portable. I'll have to look up the Firewave. Thanks for the info- I really appreciate it! Having some clear ideas while I work on trying to move my family south in September is so helpful!

caroline and Phosphene like this.
  5. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

I’m currently in just shorts in my still snowy yard, but it’s 40F and finally full glorious UV4-5 sun. It’s almost too hot! :rofl:

I do still want a light though. Decisions, decisions...

Inger, Dean6789 and LieselK like this.
  6. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

I think it's a great investment unless you live at the equator. I plan my life around the sun here in NC. If it comes out I drop all my plans and put on my kiniki to sit outside. But it's been so dreary and rainy and cold lately. My thyroid also won't let me do CT and Sun in winter- now summertime with my cold trough in the sun is different! It has to be warm enough with the sun for me to be able to get enough of my body out long enough.

I think it's cool that the Fire Wave says that if you buy the smaller one and decide to get the larger unit later they will deduct the cost of the smaller from the price of the larger! That's a great deal to get 2 sizes then for $1,000.

Phosphene, Inger and caroline like this.
  7. Inger

Inger Silver

Christina, it does have flicker but very minimal, iirc Jack wrote about the Firewave and also Jasons redlight, they have minimal flicker at 3%, but Jasons light has "harmonic" flicker which is better than not harmonic flicker that the Firewaves have according to Jack and their testing. But other IR lamps have about 50% flicker, so they are way way better.

It also feels really good to sit in front of it. It feels silent to me, somehow.
    It is small enough to take with you on trips, I did on a trip to Hamburg last week, I used it in the hotel bathroom, it was awesome :)

Phosphene and Christina Gagnon like this.
  8. Inger

Inger Silver

Liesel,
    around Christmas, after the flight to Helsinki, I have had some weird fluttering of my thyroid on and off. I had no clue what to do.. I started to use selenium again because I stopped using that (I took it because i take Lugols too) eating so many oysters that are very rich in selenium. I though maybe I have gone too low in selenium because of the iodine. I had 2 months sans oysters this fall you see, I could not go pick any, it was stormy and I had to work too much.
    I felt the selenium helped a bit, but did not take the flutter completely away. Once in a while I had it again, so annoying.
    Now I realized, since shining the redlight on my thyroid it is gone! Totally gone.
    IDK if it is that, or the fact that I eat tons of oysters again (stopped taking selenium when I got my hands on oysters again too), or a combination of the two, but I am so happy about it! :) :)

Redlight is awesome for thyroid, you need to hold it very close and about 3-7 minutes. I have only been doing one minute every morning on my thyroid, but I do 10 minutes chest and face also, and also 1 minute forehead etc.
    Oh man I could sit all day in front of that light...lol But apparently more is not better with IR! So I have to be careful not use it too long....

9. Inger

Inger Silver

oh.. that is a lot! Wow.. maybe I will do a little more too!
    I have not felt any fatigue using it longer (like 30 min, twice a day) either so maybe it is good for me too :)
    Thank you for sharing!

I have had some crazy, awesome, oxy dreams too lately.... the redlight must do something with my hormones...:love:

10. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

I tried taking Lugol's (3-6 drops) and also tried B Complex while eating at least 6 brazil nuts a day for selenium. I got horrible reflux! I think it's from the B Complex, but I stopped both it and the Lugol's because of the reflux. I plan to try Lugol's again now that it's been a couple weeks. How do you take it? I think it tastes pretty bad! I can only get oysters a few times a month here which is better than nothing I guess.

Jack suggested that much of the red light for me because I need the consistency of the sunlight to reprogram my T cells so they quit telling my B cells to attack my thyroid. As we move into summer and I can get real sun then I expect I won't need much at all of the red light- save it for dreary days and evening or times where I am at the computer to combat the negative effects of the bluelight and emfs. We got a bit of sun through clouds today and it was SO nice.

I ordered that book you suggested! It should be here tomorrow or Tuesday! Yay!

Inger likes this.
  11. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

I know my hormones were WAY better last summer based on how I was feeling. Sunshine is just SO SO good. The red light is such a great tool for the toolbox to supplement with.

Inger likes this.
  12. Inger

Inger Silver

Liesel, I take Iodine just in a little water, like about 5 drops 5%, and 1/6 glass of water.. and drink some pure water on top of it. The taste does not bother me at all.
    But I am pretty weird about tastes I guess... I like lots of things that most do not like... I am not picky at all. Also I could eat the same food every day and I like it every time, like oysters, meat and seafood... i do not need any much cooking or spicing up anything to enjoy it.

I also paint my feet soles every night with Iodine. And once in a while on my belly above my ovaries, and my breasts too. My breasts are so healthy and soft :)

I do not take any co supplements to Iodine anymore regularly. In the beginning as I started taking Lugols I took them all for some months. But I really try to eat nutrient dense food, like tons of oysters, and heart, tongue, liver, other seafood, eggyolks, seaweed, wild greens I find in nature and very good quality meat. Also sometimes good quality nuts, like a treat :).

Iodine supplementation needs enough iron and vit D too, so getting sun, and eating oysters or organs is a great thing.
    Tongue, heart and oysters all have at least 4 times more iron in them as has red meat! Imagine :)

I just had a few pieces of my fermented lamb heart that has been sitting for a few months in my fridge... and it had a very strong flavor of Roquefort/ammonia.. and I loved it soooo much, uh! Too bad I just have a tiny bit left.

Off to pick some oysters now :) Weather is okay for that today, not too much wind (that is the most important factor) and should not rain either, hopefully :)

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
    Phosphene and LieselK like this.
  13. shah78

shah78 Gold

yum. that delicious ''roquefort/ammonia " flavor" . wow! only inger !!!! :) :) and i know she believes it!:) '

Phosphene, Inger and drezy like this.
  14. Inger

Inger Silver

I just basked on my couch in front of my vitalux 300 watt UV lamp and Firewaves redlight for 1 hour and 40 minutes. I could have gone on, it deeply relaxed me I can still feel that tingeling relaxing feeling in my body. it felt just so so good! I am turning around every 15 minutes, sitting, laying on my belly, laying on my back and so on... so I do not burn. Keeping both lights about 80 cm away. I am going to repeat this tomorrow. We have really stormy and rainy weather right now.. all week, so I need some treatment now.
    I am so so thankful for my lamps.

I picked oysters on monday, it was the only possible day this week, because of the storm and rain, so now I have my fridge full again! :) :)
    I have bought 2 oyster cookbooks, just to experiment a little :). I have never cooked oysters really, I love them raw, but I thought trying would not hurt, I want to try something similar than what I got at the Hilton hotel in New Orleans after the cruise! They were so awesome, charcoal grilled oysters..... but I would just do them in my oven. The cookbooks have lots of raw oyster recipes too. Could be nice to serve to guests to make it a bit more special :). That said I never get tired of my simple freshly shucked oysters with a squeeze of lemon on top.

We have had some beautiful sunrises lately;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Phosphene, MITpowered26 and drezy like this.
  15. Inger

Inger Silver

well it is true Shah :) :)
    that is absolutely a taste explosion and a very very pleasant one!

shah78 likes this.
  16. drezy

drezy Gold

Cool. Keep us all updated on what you try.

17. Inger

Inger Silver

Yes Drezy, I will :)

drezy likes this.
  18. Christina Gagnon

Thank you so much for the info Inger, I'll be getting a red light soon and tring to decide which one to get.

19. Christina Gagnon

Hi again Inger - Do you know where I can buy Jason's red light? I did a google search but nothing came up. Thanks again for all your help

20. Inger

Inger Silver