1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Inger's journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Inger, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Inger

Inger Silver

I skype often with my ex husband, we are good friends.

So he told me today, I need to try sleep with my mouth open and on the side, and see if that might help removing iron from my body, big chunks can start falling out in the night

:D :D :D

It is so hilarious , he has always have had this black humor and I totally love it - it makes me laugh so hard....:rofl:

Then I said he should come visit me and hold me for a while when I feel overwhelmed sometimes (he lives in another country)
    and then he said that is not possible because he is so full of iron he will be drawn to my magnetico mattress and not be able to remove himself from it anymore ....:rofl:

Veg likes this.
  2. ElectricUniverse

ElectricUniverse New Member

Fear is expected in some situations (e.g. a soldier in battle), but this virus outbreak is not worthy of being feared.

Mostly, this virus is more lethal to elderly and those with serious preexisting health problems (so do check in on your elders with regard to their safety and protection as we go forward).

Fear and worry are counterproductive as we all know. It interferes with clear, calm, and rational thinking (and that is in very short supply in this Krazy Klown World we live in today).

Practice all your protocols, live as healthy as possible, and yes, this too shall pass.

3. Inger

Inger Silver

I went full body tanning on my terrace for maybe 5 hours today... it was amazing :) :) :)

The sun is really strong already, feels like summer to me! All I did today was laying around in the sun, reading, eating Spanish aged raw sheep-milk cheese and cucumber.... wow I am addicted to these cheeses. Cant stop eating them!
    In fact I really like this iron-overload-diet now, that I have given myself until I get my iron down. The raw cheese with raw veggies, and raw chocolate part is really good :) :) and of course I love the seafood too.
    I made a oyster soup a few days ago, first time. It was really really good, huh! And simple :)

I sauteed some chopped onion a minute or so, then added in the oyster juice that I had separated by shucking the oysters, then added a cup of heavy cream, spices, brought it all to boil, then added the raw shucked oysters and let them sit in the hot liquid a few minutes until they were done.
    This was so good.

Foto0532.jpg

Saichi and Sue-UK like this.
  4. Jenny S

Jenny S Gold

Must try your oyster soup - really struggle with eating oysters still

5. Inger

Inger Silver

Try it Jenny. Add your favorite spices! If you like curry/tumeric you can add that as well :)

Have you tried oysters baked in the oven, topped with grated cheese? Parmesan or Roquefort are my favorite for that, but I guess you can use any cheese.
    You could treat yourself with an oyster cookbook, I have 2 of them, got them from amazon. Tons of delicious oysters recipes, raw and cooked :). That would help you start liking them I am sure :) :)

6. Jenny S

Jenny S Gold

Thanks Inger, no haven't tried oven baked, was guessing they're better for you raw, & no cookbooks either - going to have to get my act into gear aren't I!!

Inger likes this.
  7. caroline

caroline Moderator

Try them lightly on the bbq ....and add a bit of melted butter and parmesan

Inger and Jenny S like this.
  8. Inger

Inger Silver

it depends Jenny!
    Sure they are best raw because you get all the viruses and bacteria and enzymes and omega 3 etc etc unadultered! BUT. Sometimes it might me better to cook them. For some people.
    I have cooked them lately because trying to lower my iron load. Iron gets less absorbed from cooked foods, you see. And oysters are high in iron too. I do eat them raw too, but also cooked. Both.
    Also some people cant tolerate them raw. Even if you cook them, they are still one of the best food on earth, believe me :) :)

After learning about iron overload, I have come to realize at least one reason why cooking might be clever sometimes! Who would have thought ;)

And yes, please get yourself an oyster cookbook! They are absolutely awesome :) :) :)

9. Inger

Inger Silver

10. Inger

Inger Silver

Weather is gorgeous today, spending the day outside on my terrace all day - SKIN IN THE GAME GUYS :) :) - I cant complain :) :)
    Talking to neighbors, they are outside too, the kid even put on a bikini, telling her mom she want to do like me...lol
    guessing we do the best virus prevention ;)

I did went to the shop and got me ascorbic acid and nicotine gum - just in case someone will need it.
    There was no shortage of vitC (or anything else except desinfecting stuff and some hand soaps) yet.

11. Jenny S

Jenny S Gold

Well that's given me a good laugh Inger!!

Inger likes this.
  12. Inger

Inger Silver

Jenny, glad you could laugh...lol I laughed too! I love black humor... :D I just cant do it myself - my ex is the black humor king...:D

- - - - -

Iron update.

So things are going great so far. I am still not eating any red meat. Just seafood and eggs and raw sheep cheeses. And veggies.,. and raw chocolate ;)
    Started to make some nettle smoothies too as nettles and other wild greens are popping up :) :)

I notice, if I do too many herring head smoothies, or even too much herring, I get some heart palps.... I wonder if it is too much omega 3 or too much boron, or what. hmmm. I will limit my herrings to 5-10 pieces / week, no more. Rest will be seafood that have less fat, like cod, shrimp.. oysters.

Next week I will go to my second blood donation sessione hopefully! I am so seeing forward to it :) If this corona craze does not disturb the red cross workers.. I so hope not.

Liver discomfort is getting less :) And guess what I have noticed.
    THE SUN is the most potent medicine for my liver discomfort!! Who would have thought??
    It is as the sun just takes it away!! Wow :) :) :) I am naked outside in the sun all the time and I do not notice my liver anymore!
    But when I read Jacks blogs, it is no surprise at all. Isnt it amazing how great a doctor the sun is :) :)
    My home is quite chaotic right now, but I will clean it when the sun is gone and clouds are back. I am single now anyways... and who cares how the home is looking when sun is out and corona makes no one enter your home anyways...:whistle: :)

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
    Alex97232 and ElectricUniverse like this.
  13. Inger

Inger Silver

Since a few days I have some funny rash on my belly, back and chest.. started at the belly with small "pimples", and when I feel the skin of my belly it is just full of tiny bumps!
    I am trying to think why it is.
    Might be the nutritional yeast pills I started to take a week ago... they are conventional ones. That is the only new thing I am doing. I am not taking them for now and lest see what the rash do....

14. ElectricUniverse

This reminds me of what we call 'goose bumps'-- small raised bumps on skin. Everyone knows about goose bumps that are caused by exposure to cold or excitement.

Some people develop these bumps on a more permanent basis and not related to cold (Keratosis pilaris). It seems to be harmless, and its cause not readily ascertained.

But if you have inflammation (rash) with the bumps then it is likely some other condition. An allergic reaction, or detox symptom maybe?

15. Inger

Inger Silver

yes these are not goosebumps...lol
    It is some sort of rash. Pretty similar to what I got when I started Iodine, some bromide detox pimples. Tiny bumps might have some water in them. They does not really itch, thankfully.
    I suppose it is the Nutritional yest. Or it is the extreme amount of sun I have gotten last days that has triggered some detox.. hopefully it is iron that is coming out...! :D would love them to be iron bumps!
    As long as I do not have them on my face I am fine ;). They are just on my belly and back and decolte. Arms, legs, head, breasts are fine :) yeah.

Might be psychological too! I have to say, honestly this whole corona thing has not been easy for me mentally. The isolation thing is hard. I have always loved people and community, and I am single now and live alone anyways so I really enjoy being at work and seeing people when I do(even if I enjoy being alone too a lot), and that is way less now. It is like, something in me suffers... and cries.
    I went out in the woods yesterday, and I just had to cry... the trees were so beautiful! There was a scream in me that wanted to come out! It was really strong. It was so sane out there. I could just think all the time, wow.. how is it so sane here, in the woods everything was peaceful and silent and close and present.. like always. No isolation. No panic.

Recently there was some stuff going on and I talked to my neighbor the landlord and the girl.. and she was hurt.. and I wanted so badly to take her in my arms, but I could not. Because we have to keep distance. Such kind of stuff kills me. I have a hard time handle it as I am a very physical person too, that loves contact with others.

Maybe it is that pain that comes out in the rash.. who knows ;)

Alex97232, Phosphene and caroline like this.
  16. ElectricUniverse

For very social people who love to be around others this has got to be a difficult period to live through.

But with social media and tools like Skype you can at least be with those you care about in a virtual sense.

BTW, Dr Jack's Twitter feed has a post about COVID-19 susceptibility in animals-- dogs not so much, but cats are susceptible. Can your pet and you transmit it to each other? That has not been proved at this point.

17. Inger

Inger Silver

Yes, I do use skype. And email. But being with other people is different.. it gives a different energy..
    I did was close to people today!! Yay :) :)
    First, I worked in the house of the vets, and I cleaned up for them, and then I cut the hair of their son, he is 15 yo. He complained about his hair getting too long, and all barbershops are closed - so I said I can cut it.
    I used to always cut the hair of my ex husband 15 years long, and as a kid, of all my brothers too.
    We did it in the bathroom in front of the mirror so he could say how he wanted it.
    I have to say, it looked really good after, yay :) :) He was happy too :) :)

Then I went donating blood, lots of people there! It was really fun too :) Felt great to get rid of some blood again, huh :) :) Gave 530 ml in 5 minutes. Last time it took 4,5 minutes but I had filled up on caviar before. This time no caviar..lol I must save a little because not earning as much now when restaurant is closed.
    Doctors were really nice and we talked fun stuff, yes, I had a great time :) I even got a nice beach towel :)
    Feeling so grateful right now

18. caroline

caroline Moderator

While we have been travelling we met some exceptional people. It seems so wrong and frustrating to not shake their hand or give them a hug.

we spent a few hours yesterday at a small winery. A couple built it from scratch for the past 40 years. It is such a special place with a remarkable view. Everything has been hand made. There are pathways made from the stones on the property. Marion, the wine maker, told us she laid every single one of them. Even tho she is 72yo she still has many many dreams and lots of new plans. Yesterday was our second visit and she was covered in dirt from head to toe.

they arrived in Tasmania when they were young and bullet proof .....with 2 small children and haven’t looked back.

she told us how it had been such backbreaking work and it took enormous amounts of cash and sweat blood and tears.

Marion told us that they never once thought of giving up on their dreams ....and no regrets. It has been a hard life but worth every second.

she told us so many wonderful and heartwarming stories. They have an outdoor bandstand and a huge stone fireplace/fire pit where there had been lots of raucus parties. She is Greek after all!

Marion told us she had just spent $2000.00 on shrubs and flowers so she can make the grounds pretty for when all this craziness ends ....and they can get back in business.

I could listen to Marion’s stories for hours. Her fighting spirit and dedication to her dreams and her sheer force left me in awe .

I wanted to give this beautiful and spirited woman a hug sooooo bad - but I didn’t.

I observed social distancing rules but I wish I hadn’t.

Alex97232 and Inger like this.
  19. Inger

Inger Silver

That is a beautiful story, Caroline.... what an awesome lady!
    Yep. This is so painful. It feels so wrong.

- - - -

I was outside in bikini or without for 10 hours again today, blue sky all day and so much sun! Wow.... :) :)
    Jack posted a picture on his facebook today that I just have to share. It raised such warm and beautiful memories into my heart

92264923_10219446425090075_1721296508529147904_o.jpg

At the Kruse Cruise party in his home in New Orleans. I have to say, it was one of the best parties I have ever been to in my life! :) :)
    Jack let me in even if it was only for paying member and I was too poor to be a member and he let me come anyways and I was allowed to eat as many oysters I wanted and all the other delicious seafood and stuff they had.... and wine...! And absolutely awesome people!!! So nice to think about :) :) :)

20. Inger

Inger Silver

My hemoglobin had dropped from 14,5 to 12,5 after donating blood once! Wow :) But6 I did not feel any fatigue at all this time, after the donation. First time I was really tired next day. My body seem to have adapted to big blood losses now :)
    In fact I really love the feeling I get from donating blood, huh! I would love to do it every week.. but for that you need doctors order.
    I do think my iron is dropping greatly though, I am doing all I can to drop it. Diet, drinks, supplement. Sun!! :)
    I have the feeling, sun suck the stored iron out of my organs, and in my iron book it is confirmed. It says, skin exposed to sun has many many times more iron in it than skin not exposed to sun.
    Very cool!
    In a couple weeks I am going to my doctor and ordering some tests, ferritin and transferrin. Have not yet measured transferrin and I really want to. If my transferrin saturation is not high, I do not need to donate so often, once a year would be fine I guess.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020