1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Info about man from the 19th century, maybe in Germany - time in nature incl. winter cold exposure?

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by Dan2, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Dan2

Dan2 New Member

I'm trying to find information about a man, and movement, from the 19th century, maybe in Germany or maybe Russia or another European country, who advocated time outside in nature, including during winter with minimal clothing, as a treatment for many diseases. The closest I've found is Sebastian Kneipp and the Nature Cure, but I don't think that was the guy because I remember seeing a picture of the guy I'm thinking of outside in winter with no shirt on and he had a big grey beard that I don't see in any of the pictures of Kneipp.
    Guy in his 50s or 60s, barrel chested, grey beard, standing outside in the winter in some European country in the 19th century to cure disease. Anyone know who I'm talking about?

2. ElectricUniverse

ElectricUniverse New Member

Very interesting.

The only famous cold thermogenesis guru I can think of is the modern day Iceman Wim Hof, a Dutchman.