1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

infants eye color change brown to blue

Discussion in 'Optimal Kids' started by Jason Yun, May 17, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Jason Yun

Jason Yun Gold

Hey all my son is 6 weeks now, he was born with brown eyes, which both parents have, and about 2 weeks changed to blue.
    The same thing happened with my daughter and it took about 1 year to switch back to brown.
    Does this have anything to do with him trying to absorb more UV light? Or what's the scoop?

Lahelada likes this.
  2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Mine change with seasons and emotions.

JanSz and drezy like this.
  3. ElectricUniverse

ElectricUniverse New Member

As I age I've noticed a change in eye color-- from brown to hazel. I have also wondered how eye colors can change, and it appears they not only do so in some people but may have different reasons.

One reason I believe eyes can change color is through diet and environmental exposure. Since eye color is due to melanin pigments then any change in gene expression (epigenetic) could involve pigmentation changes. Other factors could be hot or cold temperatures, emotional stress, digestive changes, and of course, lighting.

This would be an interesting field for research. Iridology, while it has been rather discredited, might shed new light on the topic.