1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Indoor light optimization?

Discussion in 'Biohacking 101' started by DLO, Sep 4, 2016.

1. DLO

DLO StarFish

Has anyone created a thread on this especially for people in low natural sunlight areas with indoor jobs?

Waiting on my quantlet but meanwhile hoping for some easier solutions.

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

There is no indoor optimization for fake light. There is for open windows to let the sun in at all times.

That is like asking me, hey, "are filtered cigaretes better than unfiltered for health?"

You cannot replace the sun.

3. DLO

DLO StarFish

Thank you for replying Jack, I am well aware of this fact.
    This thread is more for people working indoors in poor lighting areas
    I am already sunning when I can early morning but in another month in BC there wont be any sun after work and lunch breaks will more often than not be cloud covered.
    So is there a thread for indoor optimization second to the sun?

One of my jobs is massage therapy so I try to use plants/air filter and a salt lamp for when people are face up so they dont get florescent light when they turn face up. Looking to tweak this part.
    Could I simply use an OTT light?

Second job is more paperwork officework indoors where I am curious if just getting some full spectrum grow lights will be enough or do I need to target specific spectrums of red/purple (NIR 850nm and 365nm LED) is what I currently have. I read something about 650nm+ not being very helpful? Clarification please.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2016
  4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Try to source full spectrum bulbs.

5. DLO

DLO StarFish

6. Penny

Penny New Member

depends on your mercury load - I think he answered this elsewhere -

7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I think the answer is one of the Time series comments. Google it with Mercury resonace and my name you'll find it

8. Josh Rosenthal

Josh Rosenthal Charter member of Purple Angels Club