1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Indian 100 year old strong man. What is your excuse?

Discussion in 'Optimal Fitness' started by Dextery, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Dextery

Dextery New Member

2. Dextery

Dextery New Member

This photo is for our Aussie/Indian/Norway beauty! Glamorama! May we all live so long.

3. Glamorama

Glamorama New Member

Hahahaha, I love it, thanks Dex!! My grandma lived till 101, and she did have a few muscles too! Thats awesome and inspirational! :D

4. Zorica Vuletic

Zorica Vuletic New Member

Yes, I too want to be the 80+ yr old with the six pack like Dr. K explains of in his practice. :) I feel confident that it's possible too w/ eating to circadian cycles, seasonal and using CT. Ya!

5. Guest

Guest Guest

I was just thinking this morning...we don't see many obese 80 year olds, let alone 100. The two 100 year olds that I know personally are both thin and have been all their lives.

6. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

My 80yo grandfather is obese, but he's also Type 2 diabetic, wheelchair-ridden, and likely has less than 5 years to live. So so so sad.

He was fit and athletic his whole life until medications left him increasingly unable to use his legs. At that point, he was at the mercy of the SAD fare fed to him by others and just went downhill super fast after that.

You are completely right - I see 90yo's in WAP's work with few wrinkles (who have spent their whole lives in the South Pacific sun), 62yo's hauling loads up Alpen slopes with no problem, elsewhere have seen 100yo's with beautiful clear singing voices (so much for the "age" argument to so many divas' decline after 50), my 92yo other grandfather riding a bike & taking up cooking again (after a 70yo hiatus) after his wife died, and much more. A long decline is not inevitable. I love the stories of the 90+ women keeling over while mowing the lawn ... no twenty year decline into decrepitude.

My grandfather died at 94, living independently until 3 months earlier, including continuing his tool sharpening business. My great-grandmother on the other side died at 94, living independently until a year or two earlier. I remember she was still a waitress in her late 80's. My husband's grandmother died in her late 80s, living independently until shortly before. They were all fairly to very healthy just one year before death.

OTOH, our parents are beginning the decline in their late 50s and 60s into deafness, loss of mobility, bone breakage, and so much more.

My sisters and their husbands are beginning the decline into surgery and cancer and organ removal in their 30s. It breaks my heart. Pottenger's cats, people.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

@Momagrok---I will never ever forgive the most allopathic doctors and pharmsecuetical scientists because of the havoc they have caused for those who put faith in them. I did for a short time but NEVER again.

8. Glamorama

Glamorama New Member

Imagine our kids. No wonder my entire mothers group and our kids have food allergies... just one generation ago it was rare, now they all suffer form one or the other. Its catching up with us. Pottenger's cats indeed.

9. BeingVenus

BeingVenus New Member

I've noticed a lot of my friend'sand acquaintances from high school whom I keep in touch with on Facebook (we're all in our mid twenties) are having trouble getting pregnant. Like, an inordinate amount of them are resorting to fertility treatments, seems like

More than half of us have had c-sections, and lots of preemies and so-called "miracle babies." This should not be happening to twenty-five -28 year olds. Pottenger knew it all along.

10. skline@peak.org

skline@peak.org New Member

I read about cows who were fed GMO grains having a lot lower fertility rate. If your generation could avoid all GMO food and anything grown using Roundup, these numbers might still change.

11. Glamorama

Glamorama New Member

Wow now that you mention it, its true! In fact, I'm baffled at the amount of skinny, healthy-looking mums I see whos truggle to conceive. I've known a lot of obese woman who had a hard time, and in a way that made sense... but even the leaner young woman struggle. I'm tipping the low-fat hysteria is partly to blame.

12. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

Processed food, processed food, processed food. Then low-fat, low-fat, low-fat = no fat-soluble nutrients to build a healthy baby. High stress with little satisfying ingredients to life (mostly entertainment-driven) = pregnenolone steal = not enough progesterone. Sy ormula, soy in everything, BCPs early on = hormonal chaos. Cannot conceive this way.

I think the infertility epidemic (yet to come) may be our only hope in waking up. People can think their parents & grandparents were "just as unhealthy," "struggled with weight after 30yo," blah blah blah, but they KNOW they had babies. We all "know" miscarriages are 1 in 4; when infertility and miscarriages become 1 in 2, society *might* just wake up.

They'll probably blame it on solar flares & farting cows first.

13. MJ*

MJ* New Member

14. Rodney

Rodney New Member

Hi Dextery,

Never heard about Ex Mr. Universe Manohar Aich before so thanks for sharing this informative link with others. I will be kind if you will share more pictures or workout videos of Pocket Hercules with us please! Thanks in advance for any input.

15. Marccus

Marccus New Member

unbelievable! what is the secret of the health of this angry old man?? can we live this much long life i dont think so it is possible

16. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Here is the secret of his health: Write down what you have learned. I use my blog as my journal. If you write down what you have learned, it’s helps you gathering up all of the "bits" of knowledge and experience you’ve collected in life to help you explore the things you don’t know and where never aware of. It is like seeing life constantly as a child does. It is a pretty amazing way to live anew.

17. FarmersDaughter

FarmersDaughter New Member

http://farmandranchfreedom.org/gmo-miscarriages

The roundup ready grains have a "bug" (some discussion yet as to the nature of said bug) that does increase miscarriages and infertility.

Due to the nature of genetic drift, it's not going away.if you raise heirloom corn, and ADM or someone has a field of RR dent corn down the road, you'll get a bit of cross pollination. Not all will take, but eventually, some will.

I grew up on a wheat farm, and we received monsantos publications for years. (Reality is that most farmers don't like chemical usage, but truly can not afford to not. With land payments, diesel prices, and implement costs, anyone who thinks otherwise is terrifically uninformed) dad and I had many discussions about RR stuff when it was first heralded as the savior.

I regret to say that we foresaw problems...not of this variety, of course, but in general. As things continue to cross pollinate, the genetics will continue to spread. If you must eat grains, sticking with diploidal varieties (eg einkorn) is, IMO, the safest route. Doubt that any one here WILL ever eat wheat again, but just in case.

Wow. Epic derail. Sorry guys!

Unfortunately, one cannot unstrike a match.