1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Immune system

Discussion in 'Heal Your Hormones' started by Mads Haerup, Dec 4, 2016.

1. Mads Haerup

Mads Haerup New Member

Hi, I have the recent years had Fungus on my feet and in the groin, congested nose and sore throat multiple times, hives, a coughing period lasting for several months, and mucus stuck in my throat which doesn't seem to go away. I seem to be very susceptible to getting a cold and sore throat. So I was wondering, something must be wrong with my immune system, since this happens. I have visited a few doctors, but they just prescribe medicine or tell you it will go away. I'm not a fan of that approach though. So I'm seeking some answers of what I should look for if I choose to get an immune system test done, and which hormones might play a role in this madness.
    My hair has also started to thinning out, it started when I turned 18, it's in my genetics as my father is bald and my big brother has almost lost all his. If any has any inputs on how to delay or treat it, then speak your mind. (I have read jack Kruse article on this topic.)
    A little about myself: 21 years, male, living in Denmark and therefore won't get exposed to as much sun which would be optimal, I'm considering investing in a humancharger to solve this problem. I rarely consume alcoholic drinks. I only eat organic food, mostly plant based due to the high prices of organic meat, I eat meat 1-3 times a week though. I don't consume junk food, sugary food/beverages, eating as little gluten as possible. I often fast for 12-14 hours, So I skip breakfast every morning. I have an active job as a demolisher, I'm walking around 10 km/6 miles a day, and then I do strength based workout 3-4 times a week. I workout on an empty stomach 2 times a week. I have no allergies, dairy tolerant, gluten tolerant. I drink tons of herbal tea a day, consume broccoli, spinach, sweet potato, blueberries, avocado almost every day. So I should get an adequate amount of antioxidants. Supplements I take: Organic Spirulina powder, Ginger capsules, MSM, Green lipped mussels, Fish oil either Artic COD liver oil or an organic danish fish oil. I try to limit my exposure to harmful chemicals, I only use organic personal hygiene products and organic/sustainable soap for dishes, clothes, and for cleaning my home.

Last info: I Broke my foot 4 months ago and have been exposed to CT-scan 2 times this year, and as I understand CT emits a fairly amount of radiation which also could play a role in altering my cells and immune system.
    Hope some of you can help me out a bit :)
    Cheers!

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
  2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

When you are missing Selenium semiconductors in your tissues diseases like mold/candida/fungus/cancer are much more likely because of a loss of immunoregulation. Selenium is needed for the proper functioning of the immune system cells because of how it moves electrons and works with sunlight. It is a co-factor in the activation of neutrophils, macrophages, and Natural killer cells and T lymphocytes and many other immunoregulatory functions as laid out in Ferencik’s paper in 2003. Selenium seems to act via solid state mechanisms by two modes to protect us from cancer. One is that is catalyzes a many immune reactions to increase our immune function in the GALT. Secondly, Se seems to hinder oncogenesis by protecting the p53 gene by adding electrons to this gene in the gut mitochondria and does not allow oncogenesis to occur. In fact, it appears to favor low level inflammation by altering NRF2 pathways. This is seen in infectious diseases and is seen in autoimmune conditions vs. cancer, and thus, favors apoptosis of defective cells instead of oncogenesis.

It appears that low plasma Selenium levels reduce the production of plasma glutathione peroxidase. Patients with low selenium levels are known to have higher rates of polyps and autoimmunity. (Fernandez-Banares et al., 2002) Naturally occurring Selenium is found in plants like garlic and broccoli as a compound called Se-methylselenocysteine (Se-MSC). Seafood is the best source!!! Se-MSc produces 33% reduction in cancerous lesions (colon) than selenite (synthetic). It turns out cysteine is really important too with Selenium. It also produces a 50% decrease in new tumor development locally in the gut. It also induces cells to undergo apoptosis and not epi-oncogenesis. It has been shown to reduce angiogenesis to make the cellular terroir less hospitable to cancer. Se- MSC also directly down regulates vascular endothelial growth factor that is commonly found in most GI cancers. So the story seems to show that selenium is pretty critical to gut health and disease prevention because it is an N-type semiconductor.

In fact, many people believe that cystic fibrosis is a severe form of selenium deficiency in the germ cell line and not a real genetic disease. This is controversial today, but I believe it has legs. It has also been seen in numerous papers that in both autoimmune and oncogenesis disease that sulfated vitamin D3 and Selenium decreases are seen much more commonly linked. Vitamin K2 production by the gut bacteria is also down regulated in these cases as well in inflammatory conditions like cancer, autoimmunity and inflammatory bowel diseases. It appears that chronic gut inflammation allows for the reduction of both selenium, sulfated vitamin D3 and vitamin K2. All of these molcules are photoactive with sunlight because of their carbon cages in the aromatic amino acids and quinone rings. These rings act like a play ground for photons to build up the DC electric current in cells used to activate the immune system. Vitamin K2 reduction also shows a very strong correlation with many neolithic diseases as well tied to poor solar exposure.

Alex97232 and Richelle Jones like this.
  3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Every single study you find links dietary marine intake correlating with decreases in inflammation. Why?
    These foods have things like B12 and Se in them, therefore they collects photons and move electrons in these tissues is the short answer. Where ever you problem is with inflammation realize you need DHA and the co-factors buried in the marine seafood chain.

Consider the cell mediated immune system. Its most critical cell that activates both arms of immunity need the macrophage to work.

We've known for a long time that DHA tames inflammation, now, we learn exactly how DHA works: via new substances called maresins. These chemicals are breakdown chaperone proteins from DHA that change Macrophages from inflammatory to anti inflammatory actors in the immune system. This means that macrophages change their function with the addition or subtraction of electrons in maresins.
    DHA does this by switching them from M1 to M2 phenotypes in this immune cell line. This cell is very commonly found in the human GI tract. If you got a gut problem........you need the Epi paleo Rx.

You need oysters. If you do not like them........then enjoy your illness.

This is a critical spot in autoimmune activation. We encounter inflammation almost daily in our species, but our body has ways of turning it off naturally. DHA is that switch in CMI in macrophages. This is an important step toward understanding exactly this happens. You're likely to be hearing a lot more about maresins when medicine realizes that DHA is an electron story.

In the July 2013 issue of The FASEB Journal, researchers found that macrophages use DHA to produce the chaperone like "maresins," which serve as the "switch" that turns inflammation off and switches on resolution in cell mediated reactions.

CITES:
    Jesmond Dalli, Min Zhu, Nikita A. Vlasenko, Bin Deng, Jesper Z. Haeggström, Nicos A. Petasis, and Charles N. Serhan. The novel 13S,14S-epoxy-maresin is converted by human macrophages to maresin 1 (MaR1), inhibits leukotriene A4 hydrolase (LTA4H), and shifts macrophage phenotype. FASEB J July 2013 27:2573-2583; doi:10.1096/fj.13-227728

Alex97232, Scompy and Richelle Jones like this.
  5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Selenium deficiency is associated with many cancer lines as well. Selenium deficiency has been shown to cause global hypomethylation in DNA. This links it to B-12, another solar vitamin. This is where the link of infectious disease, autoimmunity and oncogenesis seems to lie. Hypo-methylation is the “on and off switch” between the these two disease processes. Hypo-methylation is more apparent when DNA is not well hydrated in vivo. The co factors important for switch activation are selenium, sulfated Vitamin D3, and bacterial Vitamin K2 production in the leaky gut. The differing concentrations of all three seem to predispose to what cellular fate or field will be faced in presence of a leaky gut. The less aggressive cellular terroir may predispose us GI distress with bloating, malnutrition and bad bowel habits. It may progress to an elevated sdLDL cholesterol that causes chronic neolithic diseases like heart disease, Crohn’s disease or diabetes. More significant inflammation likely elevates IL-1b and favors autoimmune conditions to blossom. This is associated with NF kappa beta and IL-6 spikes in the brain by way of the vagus nerve. This is when the blood brain barrier becomes leaky. We can assess this with a "GABA test" clinically. Further inflammation changes the mix of the co factors and the cytokines to favor frank oncogenesis in many of our gut organs. We have no idea what is critical to each step but we do know the players today. So if you alter your solar exposure and diet toward seafood make sure each one is plentiful you can control the master switch in your own “leaky gut” to control your outcome. When it comes to the leaky blood brain barrier, the key issue seems to be an environmental triggers of nnEMF and blue light that alters T helper cell maturation in the neuro-immune system. N-type semiconductors have a larger electron concentration than hole concentration. The phrase ‘n-type’ comes from the negative charge of the electron. In n-type semiconductors, electrons are the majority carriers and holes are the minority carriers. N-type semiconductors are created by doping an intrinsic semiconductor with donor impurities (or doping a p-type semiconductor as done in the making of CMOS chips). A common dopant for n-type silicon in technology is phosphorus. Life does the same thing, but it pairs carbon with nitrogen and phosphorus in its semiconductive circuits. Selenium works with Ca2+ and Mg2+. Physics geeks will recall in an N-type semiconductor, the Fermi level is greater than that of the intrinsic semiconductor and lies closer to the conduction band than the valence band. You might want to read the Time 21 blog.

Scompy and Richelle Jones like this.
  6. Mads Haerup

Mads Haerup New Member

wow! great answers, a lot of information to digest. I really appreciate you taking your time to make such an effort in your reply. You surely gave me some things to get started and read up on. Thanks a lot :)

Scompy likes this.
  7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I try. welcome

8. Summer

Summer New Member

Is it feasible methylselenocysteine can help restore the circadium rhythm? Thoughts on this please?
    https://www.niehs.nih.gov/research/.../peph/podcasts/2018/may17_circadian/index.cfm
    "Research performed in his lab was the first to suggest an association between circadian rhythm and cancer prevention and to discover that methylselenocysteine, a naturally occurring compound found in many foods, prevents cancer in rats by restoring circadian rhythm and the cell’s response to estrogens and DNA damage."