1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

I'm thinking of building a cooling tub

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by Birdy, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Birdy

Birdy New Member

...figuring all I need is a vinyl pool liner and a bunch of urbanite, and a siphon hose when I want to clean it. If I just stack the urbanite up a few feet, will it hold the water, or do I need additional reinforcement? I figure I can get enough urbanite to buttress it all around if that is necessary.

2. Dextery

Dextery New Member

@monte on the CT6 comments said he bought a free standing tub and plumbed it to the cold water fawcett of the washing machine and then plumbed the incoming water through a aquarium chiller so he could have water as cold as 37 degrees F. Google aquarium chillers and look on ebay and craigs list.

3. Birdy

Birdy New Member

Wow!! I just checked tub prices! I was thinking something more free, so I could blow my limited budget on more seafood. :p

4. JC2K

JC2K New Member

Water's pretty heavy stuff. You'd have to be careful with the urbanite that it stays secure and doesn't slip on you.

Alternatively, look into children's wading pools. Not so expensive, but not sure how well they'd last.

5. Continuum Fitness

Continuum Fitness New Member

check out habitat for humanity stores, they may have old tubs for cheap. or even the for sale ads

6. Birdy

Birdy New Member

The kids pools are lower than what I would like, otherwise a nice choice.