1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

I'm.. So.. HUNGRY!!

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by Allanah, Feb 24, 2016.

1. Allanah

Allanah New Member

hi guys!
    I am writing because I have a question.. I started the leptin Reset on January 1st and that's been going well, I know eat 2 meals per day, but I've been noticing that when I do eat, I never seem to get full! It's not like I eat a small salmon fillet or two eggs and am still hungry either. I can eat a salmon fillet, can of oysters, and 8 (yes, 8!) eggs and still feel like there's plenty of room. Today I ate a whole bag of a frozen seafood mixture ( minus the imitation crab), two eggs, a salmon fillet, two mushrooms, some almonds, and I will be having some coconut oil, and this is only supper! (and I STILL feel like I could eat a huge steak or a pound of seafood.. I'm a 15 year old girl, and I've been overweight all my life, but I've never noticed until now jjust how much I am capable Of eating.. And it's not a huge apatite, just a big stomach! (or so it feels..)

So here's my question. Do I eat "normal" sized meals like I'm used to, or eat until I'm full?

Also, any idea why this may be?

Thanks in advance!

Scompy likes this.
  2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Hungry = disconnected from the sun and the magnetic field........why? Because you get free electrons from both. What does food give us? All foods are broken to free electrons for ECT. So if your hungry you have to make up for what youre not getting with food.

Scompy likes this.
  3. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

Allanah, how is your sleep, also?

Of course this is a sign that something(s) is out of balance.

Have you felt this way all along? If not ~ think about what is different now?

Also know that it is very common for women to need more food around that time of the month. Like, lots more. But no ~ it shouldn't be feeling that way all the time.

Scompy likes this.
  4. Scompy

Scompy Gold

I've struggled with RAVENOUS, impossible hunger in the past--all solved now. My issues often had to do with being at work in massive nnEMF, then coming home and eating a lot of protein later in the evening. Jack is 100% correct with the lack of light and nnEMF. When I'm in an nnEMF area, I get very 'munchy', which makes a lot of sense because it depletes so many electrons. I find when I eat in an nnEMF environment, I can get into a loop of hunger too. (For this reason, I generally don't like to eat at all when I'm in nnEMF, period and this is why I have such a small lunch these days due to exposure at work.) My body really wants electron-filled water. Compensating with more higher-quality water throughout the day is a big step. It turned out for me that what I consumed (or didn't consume) in the morning and in the day made all of the difference by dinner. In thinking of my cell pH in the past, I was driving pH lower (acidic) throughout the day with the nnEMF and by dinner and then slamming on more acid (protein) would send me into super-hunger-mode.

Solutions: I found when I crank up my protein and fluids earlier in the day, I can deal easier with my appetite at dinner. I want to make sure to keep the protein under control down below 20 grams at night by shifting my fats much higher, but still eliminate the carbs. So having even 3 eggs pushes the protein grams up to 18g, and usually adding anything more can trigger appetite for me at least--ESPECIALLY when I hadn't consumed a lot of protein earlier in the day. This is what works for me: Breakfast is high protein, moderate fat, low-ish carb. Lunch is moderate fat, and lower carb and protein. But I typically keep my lunch down in overall size portion--maybe enough to tide me over, and have a lot of fluids. Dinner is high fat, low protein and lowest carb.

I should note that about 2-3 days a week, I might actually skip lunch altogether. I often do 50 - 80g of protein at breakfast, and typically do around 15g of protein at dinner (and I keep it to no more than 20g 'cause it can invoke more of a hunger reponse at night). Note that this time of year, I'm also eating ketotic, so my daily sugars are around 20-30 grams a day, and I get around half of that amount at breakfast, usually in the form of asparagus, garlic and/or grilled onion and sauces with pork, fish, eggs or chicken typically.

Avocado and MCTs can help to also curb appetite. Also, my best solution is making a large iced-drink and suck on the ice right with and after a meal. Within 5 to 10 minutes, any generated hunger usually subsides (like 98% of the time). The key takeaway is that I have to picture myself what I'll feel like 10 minutes later. HUGE: I feel a hunger pang, so instead of reaching for something else that can make the appetite even worse, I need to reach for the ice-water or an iced drink or even a tea like lemon balm to tide me over for that next 10 minutes.

This allows me to have larger breakfasts and dinners, but I still have to be very careful about the protein with dinner because it easily can stimulate hunger like carbs do. The #1 thing I've had to keep in mind is that glutamate can also stimulate a lof of hunger in me (and many people report this as well) and some studies have also shown insulin release with glutamate-only and no glucose present. However, this monitoring of glutamate is a bandaid to the root problem of a lack of UV light and also being in an nnEMF environment. I find glutamate specifically (not glutamic acid) affects me most in the winter when I don't get as much UV.

So this time of year in particular (winter), tomato sauces, mushrooms, peanuts, and cheese can invoke more hunger about 10-20 minutes later because they are all generally high in glutamate and I'm not very well UV assimilated yet (though I'm working on it well this week!). Parmesian, cheddar and high-protein, aged cheese in particular can intensify the hunger for this reason. Also, anything high-heat cooked will convert glutamic acid into glutamate...including all meats and fish. Beef jerky is the worst for me. Parmesean, sundried tomato and dried peas are equivalent to eating straight MSG. The best (and only) cheese-choice for me is grassfed feta because it's low protein and little glutamate, but I take care not to eat too much in one sitting.

I find there's a synergy with glucose and glutamate invoking an insulin response and therefore triggering appetite and driving a person to eat more to resolve excess insulin levels in the blood. That's the catch-22... eat more to compensate in the short term (often with some more carb/glucose), then an hour later, feel hunger again beacuse of unresolved insulin, etc. So it's best not to trigger it in the first place. :) Also, I personally stay away from all nuts, even if they look like they've got a good profile because of carb content and lectins, and I've also found they can also do a number on my gut. Thought you may want some details based on what other people have discovered along life's way.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
  5. Inger

Inger Silver

I can relate to this! I can eat HUGE amounts of food too......... I can digest it all so easily I am surprised myself huh.
    I would just eat but the great stuff only, and then try to avoid nnEMF and be a lot outside as said above, it will naturally lower needs for food.
    But I do eat when I feel like I need it. And I do not gain any weight from it even if crazy amounts. I just get warm, huh! The boyfriend cant understand at all how I can eat so much fat and do not get fat...lol
    Just make sure to not eat late. If your last meal is before 5 PM you will feel way better, at least that is my experience. I sleep so sweetly then.

I watched the video with Wallace and the mithocondria.. I could not understand much but one thing I do got! He said that people way north have this mutation in their mithocondria that have them eat more and produce heat.... and that is totally me. Maybe you have that too?

Scompy likes this.
  6. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

@Scompy great post ! I really wanted to like it twice. You posted on Facebook about nnEMF what it looks like and does etc. I wonder if you could paste it somewhere on this site. It would be great if it was Jack Kruse searchable.

Allananah,sorry about the off topic in your journal. I would only add that adding butter maybe a good thing as you are still in winter. I also wonder if you are getting still hung up a little in the lo fat propaganda around us and unconsciously prefer protein over fat.

caroline and Scompy like this.
  7. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

Another thought is that the leucine in eggs actually does invoke an insulin response. If you are eating EIGHT eggs in a single meal... this may be cause for concern.

Try limiting yourself to however many eggs you can hold in your hand (for most women, this is 3-4). Add sources of pure protein (meat) and fat (like coconut oil) until you reach satiety.

I am just throwing out ideas here. Scompy's post was great, and really helpful. :)

Starfish Prime and Scompy like this.
  8. Scompy

Scompy Gold

Yes! We all win when we use unconventional wisdom. Conventional wisdom is dead to me now. Do what works and leave what doesn't work in the past and take pride in past failures I say!

When I was failing due to a higher nnEMF and had a large dinner with 4+ eggs, it would definitely invoke an insulin response in me. So keeping to just 2-3 eggs was the bandaid until I could mitigate the nnEMF and get more sunlight. I also want to add here that food timing is very important I have found in practice. As a general rule of thumb, I've been eating all of my lower pH foods earlier in the day, and then minimizing them later in the day. I do this to complement the cortisol spike in the morning, but for also condensing at night.

Here is a section from the Time 2 blog:
    "Magnetic fields are produced by the motion of electrical charges. A fundamental property of magnetic fields is that they exert forces on moving electrical charges. Magnetism is best visualized by putting a magnet under a paper and throwing iron filings on the paper. You can see the field the magnet generates by looking at the pattern of the iron filings. If you throw away the filings, and add new iron filings the exact same pattern will emerge showing you that the magnet, and not the atoms of iron, determine the shape of the field of action. This action is very similar to what the human body undergoes every night and day cycle. Its molecules are disturbed by daylight constantly, and are condensed back to their form at night. Sunlight alters, disturbs, and uncondenses magnetic fields. Sometime atoms in us are lost and we have to replace them from our environment. We get a fresh supply of atoms from water, food, and from light. But thanks to the controlling forces within our cells, namely our mitochondrial electric and magnetic fields, new molecules and cells are rebuilt as before and arrange themselves in the same pattern as old atoms were."

When I analyze my previous behaviors and especially when I used to take supplements, it's so darn obvious that people sabotauge themselves in their thinking that they are doing the 'right thing' by throwing down some Vitamin supplements right before going to sleep. Vitamin B6 and B12 uncondense ... can make you more awake, alert, excited. There's a lot of B-vitamins in meats and egg. This is why there is great advice above in Inger's post too about an early dinner and 5pm. Not only do you get a bit more of a daily fast before the next breakfast, it helps baseline insulin and leptin long enough at night that the body may want to burn additional fat, and doesn't compete with circadian timing of condensing tissues. It's the same reason that if I have any caffeine whatsoever, it's always in the morning since it synergizes with uncondensing. The over-desire or addiction to caffeine is a bigger sign that dopamine is amiss...again, the lack of morning sunlight.

It was shocking awhile back when I learned we do most of our fat-burning while we sleep, and we exhale 83% of our fat via the lungs when it breaks down to CO2 and water. This is not the conventional wisdom society tells us. Most people eat a 20g sugar powerbar on one side of a workout, then another 20g powerbar on the other side and somehow believe the fat is being shredded. No, during the bulk of when I went from 240 pounds down to 170, it was my breath that was toxic in the morning to others. The moment I would eat anything for breakfast, the breath fumes would go away instantly. The keto-breath was a profound signal that ketones were being released through the lungs. Typically, it would kick in after 14 to 15 hours between the past night's dinner and breakfast. I am glad my family didn't kick me out of the house during that phase a few years back.

Jenelle likes this.
  9. Peertje80

Peertje80 New Member

You are 15 years old? I could eat I whole cow and some when I was that age. Isn't this just a normal feeling in puberty? Your body is using a massive amount of energy to go through the transition.

10. Robert Haas

Robert Haas New Member

Eat until your satiety tells you that you have had enough. I eat until I am thirsty, then drink some water, then I am no longer hungry. Look to Jacks post for other ways to get the remaining nourishment needed, Get out side and stay away from the iPhone.

11. Danny

Danny New Member

we havn'et a clue what normal is :)