1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

I'm new here and this is my story

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Thora Pomicter, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

The entorhinal cortex is quite interesting in that respect, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entorhinal_cortex. My interest in it is because of the AD connection of it can be the first area of the brain affected. From a more general less than optimal orientation ability, one of the first major changes in my mother was complete disorientation and being unable to find her way from the car to the front door of our house when she'd been coming pretty well weekly for Sunday lunch for going on 20 years. Gradually worsening sleep may have been a factor, but the entorhinal cortex is also one of the "hotspots" for aluminium toxicity and brain atrophy implicated in AD (along with, from what I've read, the hippocampus, frontal cortex (caudal) and frontal cortex (basal/ventral for Al, and ventral for atrophy), so perhaps a gradual combo of factors such as aluminium, poor sleep, ALAN, nnemf and wifi toxic load from the sheltered housing she had moved to, along with the worsening heteroplasmy associated with her age was what tipped her "directional ability" over the edge. :(

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
  2. Thora Pomicter

Thora Pomicter New Member

I didn't know about her but I just started following her after reading that post. Thank you.

caroline likes this.
  3. Thora Pomicter

I am finding your comments to be very reassuring and it makes me think maybe my sleep is not as bad as I had thought because what you say is what I experience. Probably the most important thing for me to do is to relax about it, as the stress in worrying makes everything worse. Last night when I awoke, I just lay there thinking how cozy I was and how happy I was to be lying down and resting even though I was awake. What a difference that made as opposed to worrying that I should be asleep and was slowly killing myself by not sleeping. LOL. I am one who is for sure not content with sub-optimal outcomes, as you say, so I keep learning. Thank you.

4. Thora Pomicter

Thanks for telling everyone I can't find my way out of a paper bag. LOL.

5. Thora Pomicter

That is interesting. I was not breast fed as a baby either. Hm. If I can get my butt up out of bed in the night when I wake to go and earth, I will try this.

6. ElectricUniverse

ElectricUniverse New Member

Thanks for alluding to the precarious balancing act we all must perform to keep our bodies in homeostasis-- the key to staying healthy.

I'm sure Dr Kruse is quoted somewhere stressing this fundamental fact. There are so many insidious variables today that are gnawing away at our ability to perform this balancing feat, that is, to be able to maintain the 'rest and digest, feed and breed' healing response of the parasympathetic branch of the autonomic nervous system (as opposed to 'fight or flight' state of sympathetic branch, which many of us are trapped in a lot of time thanks to chronic stress).

Main thing here is to get ahead of forces that are undermining your health in the game of life. Health killers are nefarious in that they can and do sneak up on you unawares, usually over a span of time. It may be through no direct fault of your own-- you can try to live the cleanest live possible and still get ambushed if you are not eternally vigilant.

Then, sometimes gradually--sometimes all at once, your health and enjoyment of life is monkey-hammered. Full recovery may or may not be possible even if you catch it in time.

Staying safe is somewhat like flying an airplane. As long as you stay on top of flight controls, weather conditions, etc. and are diligent the plane will stay within its safe flying parameters. But if you irretrievably lose control by overflying or underflying the airplane it is already too late-- you will crash. As flyers like to say, there are old pilots and bold pilots-- but there are no old, bold pilots.

7. ElectricUniverse

ElectricUniverse New Member

Yes, I like to sleep and talk about sleeping.

Sleep is thought by many to be a waste of time and an annoyance-- so they try to get as little as they can and still be able to function. Penny wise and pound foolish, as they old saying goes.

People like me, however, cherish the restorative powers of good ample sleep. It gives us a clean slate and a fully charged battery for our next day's challenges.

Sleep is a wonder in itself, and one of the few daily joys that life can give us.

Please don't fret about losing sleep, but do do everything you can to get it.

I have read somewhere that when insomnia raises its ugly head and you cannot return to sleep, all is not lost. Just lying quietly and calmly in bed (rule #1-- don't worry!) will substitute for some actual sleep time lost. I think it is a small fraction (perhaps 1 hour sleep = 15 minutes or so of lying in bed resting-- I don't remember the exact numbers).

There are plenty of sleep hacks and tips you can perform while you are lying there wide awake. I find breathing exercises personally effective, but there are other practices like reflexology, meditation, etc). Just do an online search.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
    Ed Pomicter and Thora Pomicter like this.
  8. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

I've found the best hack is hacking circadian rhythm. But its had to be at my location, my latitude, and take into account that I go from roughly 8 hours of daylight at winter solstice to 16 at summer solstice. I think that a gradually changing day length shifts the rhythms of melatonin, core body temp etc . so if I see 24 hour circadian rhythm graph for those, its probably only accurate for part of the year.

Then there's graphs on sleep architecture.

[​IMG]

Showing it as a "fake" night length year round misses the natural day-night variations I face at my latitude, but in summer I find this chart quite useful if I change the times so that the end of cycle 5 is at sunrise. Wouldn't be as easy in winter if I needed to get up before sunrise. Getting the 5 cycles in when there is barely 8 hours between sunset and sunrise by summer solstice is a challenge, and biphasic sleep is not something I want this time of year. But in winter with sunset so early giving around 8 hours of daylight, biphasic sleep is not something I'd worry about when I'm experiencing 12 hours of total darkness. And there's a chance of an extra sleep cycle without missing sunrise or sunset. :cool:

caroline and Thora Pomicter like this.
  9. Corey Nelson

Corey Nelson CoreyNelson.io

Have you tried the inclined bed hack for increased glymphatic drainage? I use a cinderblock under each of the upper two feet of my bed, and really like it. It provides around 8" of incline.

10. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

Yes I've done that for a couple of years, I've found cold head plus incline is better. A hack I added is a migraine cap from the freezer to cool the CSF before sleep. I haven't used the cap since last year. I was living in the cold lane last winter, didn't put the heating on at all, so the bedroom was cold enough. Not using the cap at the moment as in January I started hacking silica rich mineral water to remove aluminium from the brain as per the Chris Exley protocol, awesome in summer when done with a light and magnetism chaser. :D Adding the chaser means that for a while I get a boost of colour perception, sky looks bluer, grass looks greener... Going to hack the water next using the circadian rhythm of CSF production, so the cap will be coming out. But at the moment the inclined bed is a keeps. :)

11. Thora Pomicter

I have not tried that but good idea!

Corey Nelson likes this.
  12. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I had lymphatic drainage massage (done by DO), twice.
    First time he suggested that.
    I felt like a new born afterward.
    I was so impressed that about month latter I asked for another, he said that he did not think I need it but obliged. Nothing special afterward.

So, I would say that trying lymphatic drainage should not hurt and may be good idea from time to time.

It was lucky coincidence that the DO did that massage himself.
    He had masseuse in his office.

Corey Nelson likes this.
  13. AcuHealth

AcuHealth Silver

Hi JanSz,
    Do you have any experience with this company selling DDW 25ppm. https://extralightwater.com/ Thank you.

14. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I am buying my water from them. So far good experience.

They were previously selling Qlarivia.
    I was buying Qlarivia from them.
    It was touch and go experience initially,
    because of Qlarivia's not being able (or willing) to satisfy FDA about their labeling.
    Product ok, just labeling iffy.
    That resulted in me spending about 3x more $$ buying Preventa because I was already waiting and waiting for my Qlarivia order.
    That was on the very beginning of DDW project opened by @Jack Kruse.
    upload_2019-6-17_12-0-57.png

15. AcuHealth

AcuHealth Silver

Thank you JanSz. I think i have the players in the DDW production sorted out and the various products they offer. Apparently the Hyrdro Health is produced in Japan but is shipped from Phoenix which is convenient for me.