1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

I'm new here and this is my story

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Thora Pomicter, Jun 4, 2019.

1. JanSz

JanSz Gold

@Ed Pomicter
    Looking for ideas on how to increase the deuterium content difference breath vs urine.
    Eating fat and drinking DDW reduced my overall deuterium content expectedly, but the difference remains very small.

Thora Pomicter likes this.
  2. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Thora Pomicter said:
    sleep (and headache)
    ==========================================

https://bodybio.com/blog/fat-facts-on-omega-3-and-omega-6-fatty-acids/?known=true

More than 80% of the BodyBio red cell fatty acid tests performed yearly* register high omega 3s and low omega 6s. There is a direct correlation with the amount of fish oil consumed and the elevation of EPA and DHA. Associated with the distorted fatty acid analysis is a wide array of disorders, such as fatigue, irritable bowel syndrome, nausea, eczema, headaches, visual disturbance, memory loss, etc.

3. Corey Nelson

Corey Nelson CoreyNelson.io

The test description I got recently mentioned that active DDW treatment can skew that depletion factor result, although the logic provided didn't really make sense to me. Why not try a maintenance regimen of 125-130 ppm and see if your depletion factor goes up on the next test?

From the site: "Please note that utilizing deuterium depleting water therapy significantly lowers the deuterium burden in your tissue, organs, and biological fluids, and may therefore temporarily decrease your calculated Depletion Factor when compared to tests measuring your native ability to deplete deuterium while not on therapy."

4. ElectricUniverse

ElectricUniverse New Member

I wouldn't let fear of deuterium wean you off a healthy food like potatoes (but used in moderation like all foods). When cooked and cooled into a resistant starch they are lower in glycemic index and are a fabulous food banquet for your beneficial gut flora. Bon appetit.

5. caroline

caroline Moderator

6. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

I'd be interested in the deuterium figures in the peel, but if I go organic and don't peel them there's the advantage of 93mg of silicon per 100g potato, compared with 0.27 - 0.55mg per 100g for peeled. (Same for sweet potato and yam). Peeling soup anyone?:D

7. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

My sleep sucked when I joined here, and because my mother had AD and my maternal grandmother had dementia, I'm pretty committed about hacking my sleep. The biggest drag to my sleep in the past has been fear of what not enough sleep could be doing to my brain ...

Luckily I have no light pollution, so after sundown I might stay outside for a while, and watch the transitions from civil to nautical to astronomical twilight, whilst grounding barefoot, going to bed when the time is right. If I awake in the night and don't go straight back to sleep, I go outside and do the same in reverse, going into dawn. Although I'd rather be sensing the earth's movement through the magnetotail whilst I'm asleep, :rolleyes: over time I've found it helpful in regaining circadian rhythm. Waking up happens less and less, but even now I sleep much better with my feet on a yoga grounding mat we use as a runner, with the lead going to a rod outside. If that's placebo in terms of the changing magnetosphere imprinting the electrons, I'll take placebo. :)

Something I found interesting from Becker's book Cross Currents is a discussion on the earth's rotation through the magnetosphere, and that any given spot on the earth's surface is in a constantly changing magnetic field. There's a diagram of the daily rise and fall in the strength of the magnetic field at one spot on the earth during a quiet period of solar activity. There's also a discussion on what is the magnetic organ, (separate from the pineal), but on the pineal, after acknowledging the retinal pathway, he says (my highlighting)

""More recently, it has been shown that the pineal is also sensitive to the daily cyclic pattern in the Earth's magnetic field. Melatonin secretion in human subjects may be changed at will by exposure to steady magnetic fields of the same strength as the geomagnetic field. Apparently, nature determined that biological cycle activity was too important to be left to one environmental signal alone. "

He also says

"Nature intended the pineal to simultaneously receive the same signals from the daily pattern of day-night and the same rise and fall in strength of the geomagnetic field. Obviously when one or both signals are abnormal, the pineal does not respond in the normal fashion, and the body's biological cycles become disturbed - with important clinical consequences."

Its why because I'm living in a rural area with less than 100 people in a one mile radius, I haven't gone with a magnetico. I don't know how the magnetico influences the perception of the earth's magnetic field, and for my n=1 I've found it helpful to sense the changing signal as the earth moves through the magnetosphere at night.

If I get enough sleep in with a break in the middle to marvel at the night sky, I'm less bothered about sleep being biphasic. A really bad nights sleep (very rare now) and that day I'll eat per the leptin Rx, particularly the BAB. When I go back in from outside I pull aside the blackout blind to let just enough early morning light hit my face, preferably through an open window. At one time after my mother died I had a phase where my sleep was shit, and I just went out every night into the garden and lay on the ground covered in blankets (it was March) and watched the first light take out the stars one by one ... as much of a wow as the sunrise. The phase passed, and now if occasionally I've been outside at night and then slept through the sunrise, I'm less concerned, as long as its acute, and doesn't develop into chronic.

I've not needed to use it since last year, but I've also used a migraine cap from the freezer to cool my CSF when getting into bed, and just pulling it off when it warms up or if I get drowsy, whichever comes first. Also useful when I awoke in the night, particularly in summer. As part of a sleep inducing combo, I've also used meditation, one that essentially bores me back to sleep. :rolleyes:

I've reached a point where I usually sleep straight through now, but for me it hasn't been just about what shouldn't be there (like ALAN or stray fields), but as much about what should have been there, and wasn't. :)

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
    caroline, Anne V and Ed Pomicter like this.
  8. Thora Pomicter

Thora Pomicter New Member

Hi Electric Universe,
    Thank you so much for your words of encouragement. It actually is really helpful at setting my mind ssomewhat at ease to hear someone say that I am still getting 4 hours of core sleep. No one ever tells me that. I appreciate it so much and I will keep working on this. Bless your heart.

9. Thora Pomicter

Hi Emma. Great and please be patient if it takes me a bit to reply. I am trying to stay off line as much as possible, but I will get back to you.

10. Thora Pomicter

Wow, it is nice to hear that you sleep well now and though I do go outside barefoot a lot during the day starting at sunrise, I have not gotten up in the night to do that. Maybe this is something I will try if I wake and can't get back to sleep. It might piss off my 3 dogs though. LOL. Very interesting reading how so many of you hack the sleep thing. Thank you so much. I do not understand the magnetic fields so much but another area to investigate.

11. JanSz

JanSz Gold

@Jack Kruse presented this video while discussing sleep.
    ------

without artificial light, at night we sleep twice every night
    --

8 pm till midnight
    2 hrs meditative quiet in bed (surge of prolactin)
    2 am til sunrise
    --
    true wakefulness at day time
    (I am thinking of (highly positive) "brain on fire" that @DrEttinger experience when using Sulbutiamine.
    Sulbutiamine (brand name: Arcalion) is a synthetic derivative of thiamine (vitamin B1),
    able to cross brain barrier (which B1 cannot).
    --

Thinking that review of some nootropics may be helpful??

caroline and Thora Pomicter like this.
  12. JanSz

JanSz Gold

@DrEttinger
    How use of sulbutiamine (during day) affects sleep (at night)?

13. Thora Pomicter

Interesting! Thank you.

14. ElectricUniverse

Sleep is too important to be left to the amateurs (and we are all amateurs in a sense). LOL

Only babies sleep like babies (dead to world in dreamland bliss).

As we age, we know that sleep patterns also change. Studies show that older adults tend to have less deep sleep (non-REM restorative part of sleep cycle-- where your body repairs and rejuvenates itself, as it were).

Many of us older folks may find they don't fall asleep as quickly when their head 'hits the pillow', as they may have done when younger. Seniors may find themselves waking more often during night, and perhaps getting less overall sleep time. That may be the normal human aging condition. Electrosmog and light pollution also impact our sleep, and as does environmental toxicity.

Believe it or not, no one sleeps like a log all through the night. At different times during sleep cycle (REM stages) we awaken briefly and then go back to sleep. Most of us don't even remember these brief awakenings, so we think we slept the whole night straight through.

Sometimes, (okay, frequently for some people) these periodic awakenings turn to full-on mental alertness and that is when the 'fun' begins. Who has never suffered a night of psychological torture-- by that I mean turning and twisting in bed while our minds are stressed out about losing sleep (especially with that important meeting at work the next day)?

The thing with us Krusians is that we are not content with sub-optimal outcomes. If you are like me, you are constantly pushing the edge in quest for optimal health and longevity.

If optimal sleep can rejuvenate our brains and bodies and reverse aging who wouldn't reach for the gold ring?

15. ElectricUniverse

You make an interesting point about the influence of geomagnetism on sleep. That makes a lot of sense when you consider our bodies are exquisitely sensitive to ancestral environmental clues, and far more that we imagine.

As you know, earth and its denizens are going through a magnetic pole reversal/magnetic field decline process right here and now. Earth's natural magnetic field has been weakening for over a century, and rate of magnetic field decline is actually accelerating.

What this does to body processes like sleep is a concerning thought. I believe our bodies will have to adapt to a greater of lesser extent to a rapidly changing (diminishing and eventually flipping) magnetic field.

But it will likely be a messy outcome, like most earth changes.

I hope tools like the magnetico will ameliorate adverse impacts. Time will tell.

Thora Pomicter and Sue-UK like this.
  16. Ed Pomicter

Ed Pomicter New Member

On the thought of magnetism and sleep, I wonder if we could find any correlation between one's "directional ability" and the quality of their sleep? I can pretty much orient and find my way anywhere and generally do "sleep like a log", whereas Thora not so much on both those points.

17. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

Yes in the daytime the signal is light plus geomagnetic field, with light being dominant. My musing (nothing else) is that if at night the signal should be darkness and geomagnetic field i.e. geomagnetic field being dominant due to absence of light, and women are designed to be more sensitive to environmental signals, there could be a greater unconscious anxiety from the absence of perceiving the geomagnetic field at night. Then there's the changing signalling when we go from light into darkness, the pause - leptin connection- at midnight, then exiting the magnetotail and darkness into light in the morning. I sometimes wonder if in terms of programming the leptin receptor, as a female not having been breast fed as an infant has led to me needing the geomagnetic field signal at night on loudspeaker.:confused::D

Thora Pomicter and caroline like this.
  18. JanSz

JanSz Gold

19. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I am thinking of adding better/deeper sleep to the list of benefits of drinking DDW.
    I usually fall easily asleep when I first go to bed.
    Different story to fall asleep again on a way back from bathroom.
    With age I had to cope with multiple bathroom trips.
    At some point I realized that it could be that I just wake up, my bladder is not really pressing me, but I go to bathroom just in case, and pee very little.
    As I am progressing with DDW, I sleep deeper and need to go only once a night (most often not always).
    And fall again asleep just as easily.
    =====
    I hesitate
    because I urine tested and my melatonin is rather low.

Thora Pomicter and caroline like this.
  20. DrEttinger

DrEttinger Choice, the only thing we control

I've not noticed any change in my sleep. I take it in the morning.

JanSz likes this.