1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

I'm learning...by diane

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by diane, Dec 8, 2012.

1. diane

diane Gold

So got the meds yesterday and started the thyroid today. It increased from 30 mg to 60 - still fairly small dose. But holy Batman I'm hot today! Like hot from the inside. Which is what happened when I took the supplement over a year ago but I was never this hot. I think it's a combination of the thyroid and Casteberry - just wait until I start progesterone Friday night!

I'm hoping this means that things are starting to move. Wouldn't that be exciting!

I guess even though I think I don't, I actually do look for "the answer" and what's going to finally work. When I intuitively know that many things have to work together and it takes time. Somehow my pea brain still thinks that something will click. My latest hope is the progesterone and thyroid. Maybe because those were the things that stood out on my latest labs.

Holy cats I'm hot today!!

2. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

Diane I hope this is your final answer. It is just awful trying to figure this out especially when you have to drag your doc kicking and screaming along with you.

3. diane

diane Gold

I guess I realize its not a final answer- but maybe one that unlocks a bigger piece! :)

4. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

Yeah I know what you mean. I kept hoping the syn. T3 would fix me. No such luck. I am back to lowered calories. But, with lots of fat it doesn't matter because the fat keeps me feeling full a lot longer.

5. endless

endless New Member

Hopefully the heat is a good sign! Diane, I have a favor to ask you! Could you tell me the Gamma Dynacare location that did your RT3? I found a lab here that works with them and I have to contact their 'contract services' guy to see if I can get the test arranged. The more info I have, the better!

6. diane

diane Gold

7. diane

diane Gold

Good afternoon! What a beautiful day!!

I took the BHRT last night, 100 mg oral progesterone. First of all, I was so sleepy after I took it. But secondly - I feel amazing today! I know it's just the first day, so maybe it's not all from the progesterone. But I feel great! I didn't take the Vitex today, didn't want to risk overdoing it.

I'm having a really hard time with breakfast lately. Can get down a couple of slices of bacon. Maybe a couple bites of either eggs, this morning I had crab and sauerkraut (quite the combination lol). I don't know if it's because I'm taking the diamotaceous earth right before I eat or not.

Haven't felt as hot the last couple of days taking the thyroid meds. But just before 6am I start getting warm in bed, like my body is starting to wake up and get going. Could this be the adrenals turning on? Thyroid? It's not a hot flash, more like a furnace feeling.

In the winter, they put up a snow fence along the beach of Lake Ontario, and dogs are allowed offleash within the snow fence. So today we went for a walk down there. And I took off my socks and shoes and walked along the water for a bit. It was around freezing but it felt great! The water was a bit cold (lol) and a couple of people asked me how it was. At least they didn't tell me to my face I was crazy. :) It was so exhilarating! I loved it! The dogs were splashing around in the water as well. I'm usually such a wimp when it comes to rocks and sand, but now I don't care. My feet are pretty sensitive and usually rocks really bother them - but today, I discovered a new way to tolerate the rocks - just make sure your feet are numb from cold. LOL. I'm so glad we went today. The dogs are super tired, and now my feet are craving getting back in the water! Too bad the fence is only up for another week.

8. endless

endless New Member

Your feet will toughen up if you keep walking barefoot....I almost never wore shoes as a kid and my feet were like leather. The rocks give you a good acupressure massage, too!:p

My breakfast has gotten smaller, I am having a BP chai/matcha every morning and I do fine with that and less food.

9. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

My "BAB" devolved into a HAB and now it's just a normal one and I'm quite content with it. I'm beginning to think too many of us (not pointing out anyone in particular) stuck to the reset for far too long. 6-8 weeks should have been IT and then back to normal. I noticed last night I was in the most amazing good mood! You know. The one I'd been waiting to appear, magically, for a year?!

And all of us waiting for the need for lunch to go away. Well fie on that. I ate 2 small meals and a snack 2 days running and I was NOT hungry. I think too many of us took the original instructions FAR to literally. It's tantamount to doing Atkins Induction for a year. NOT how it was meant to be.

So for now I'll watch my calories to make sure I'm not over- or under-doing it. And now that my knee is feeling better I'm ready to get busy lifting.

10. janagram

janagram New Member

I like this new thinking, Darleen. Gotta get our N-1 on!

11. Lava

Lava Gold

can you tell me what N-1 is...sorry LOL

12. diane

diane Gold

lavalocks - no problem. It took me a while to figure out too!

N=1 is your own experience. I guess it stands for a sample size of one - but what I've learned is that you can't just take what everyone is doing and apply it to yourself - you have to experiment to see what works for you. ie what your n=1 is. We are all individual and unique! :) If someone can help to explain it better, please by all means jump in! :)

13. caroline

caroline Moderator

You said it perfectly Diane! We are all so unique and what works for someone else - is just that ....their N=1
    That is why I think it is so important for everyone to keep posting their experiences .... It gives us clues to what works for someone and maybe - down the track - we can apply bits and pieces for our own n=1 ...or it leads us in another direction that we hadn't thought about before

Our own n=1 is our own personal masterpiece....and a work in progress!