1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

I'm learning...by diane

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by diane, Dec 8, 2012.

1. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

Diane, Have you tested the amount of emfs from the tanning bed? If so, how? I would like to start tanning but not sure how to go about finding a good one. thanks.

2. diane

diane Gold

Nope, no measuring - I'm just going into it thinking that the benefits I'm getting are outweighing the EMF, especially as it's been a long time since we've gotten the benefit of the sun up here. :)

3. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

OMG Jana ... don't DO that when I'm drinking hot coffee!!!! I almost HURT myself!

Diane ... yeah, uh huh. All fitness levels if you're under 50. Or are Jeffrey Life -- Oh dear. I shouldn't have gone there. I've hurt myself for sure. How can that man be OLDER THAN ME and be such a stud muffin?!

4. caroline

caroline Moderator

where do I sign up???????

5. diane

diane Gold

Hmmmm.....sore throat today. Stuffed up too. I haven't been sick for over a year! My head doesn't feel bad, have good energy, it's just the stuffiness. Have been drinking seaweed water and gargling water with cayenne pepper. Hopefully this will be over quickly!

6. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hope you feel better in the morning Diane....

7. diane

diane Gold

Definitely feeling better today. Had a rough day yesterday - pretty stuffed, achy, went through a box of kleenex. :) Drank a lot of water - I was so thirsty and could tell I was dehydrated. And by about 7pm, my nose pretty much stopped running. It was weird!

Today I had to go to get the dog's food - the freezer was totally empty. So got stocked up on lots of raw meat and fish. Then went to the spring and got the water right from the tap! Haven't tried it yet, but very excited. I didn't have enough water containers but wanted to try a bit first. Then decided to take the dogs to the forest for a half hour - ended up on a 6k hike for an hour. They had fun! I had my running shoes in the snow. I guess I wasn't really prepared. LOL.

8. diane

diane Gold

I've now pretty much kicked this cold to the curb. Still blowing nose - although infrequently, and ears are a little plugged. But energy is good, and I feel much better. Even went on a 2 hour hike this morning and I'm not crashed out this afternoon. That is amazing, because before - a 2-hour hike would then mean most of the afternoon sleeping on the couch. Huge, right?

Finally tried the spring water today. I have to say, the sign that they had up by the spring kinda made me a little leary of trying it. It went something along the lines of - the dept of health has not treated this water for bacteria, etc, etc and you are drinking this at your own risk. Like the dept of health knows any better lol. When i tried it today, wow, you can just taste the freshness. It's wonderful. I only had small water jugs, so I definitely have to get bigger ones. The spring is about an hour away, but thankfully near the hiking trail, so I can kill two birds with one stone. Will definitely be going back!

9. Vicster

Vicster New Member

If this is a concern, you could add some Lugol's and let it sit for about 30 minutes. 5 drops to a litre should take care of any bacteria that might be present and it'll help you get a little iodine if you need it.

10. diane

diane Gold

Thanks Vicster! I'm actually going to order some Lugol's today.

11. caroline

caroline Moderator

I am a little confused about this whole iodine thing. I have to go and read that whole thread.

I thought if we are eating plenty of seafood we are getting all we need? Can we still use more?

12. diane

diane Gold

Caroline - from what I've gotten, iodine in it's natural form is best. I'm thinking that some may need to still supplement if that's not enough. And iodine in fluorinated water can help get rid of the fluoride. I decided to get some because of the state of the water here. While I've been drinking mainly spring water, I do bathe and brush my teeth with the fluorinated water.

Felt pretty good today. Still a little stuffed - had a coughing fit during the night lol. But even after waking myself up twice coughing, I don't feel tired today. And funny enough, I didn't take any "cold meds" this time, and I recovered way faster than I usually do from a cold. I didn't even take a Tylenol - nothing other than water, juice (it's about the only time I drink juice, and my throat couldn't take water).

I've been off the thyroid meds and DHEA for 2 weeks now- finally called back about my prescription. I feel better off the thyroid meds - so gonna see how the higher prescription does. Given the changes that happened in my cycle and they coincided with starting DHEA, I'm wondering if the DHEA was converting to estrogen. Not that I think that was a bad thing, but made my lack of progesterone more pronounced. So my progesterone prescription is coming and I start it on Friday. In the meantime, tonight I bought Vitex because I want to take it for the full month and cycle the progesterone.

Then I put in a Vitacost order today. Trying a couple new types of magnesium (I've just been doing malate which I do pretty well on). Ordered a tub of D-rhibose. If I understand the conversion right I'm getting much better value this way. I also ordered pregnenolone cream. Now to figure out how to implement some of these things as the last thing I want to do it hammer it all at once. LOL.

13. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

This is generally true provided you are not losing massive amounts of water........and you dont know that unless you test. EMF and fake light dehydrate you. The biggest issue everyone seems to have missed is not fluoride.......it is the EMF opening your blood brain and thyroid barrier to allow it in to cause havoc..........it is about the EMF and not so much about the Fluoride........unless your water is unnaturally fluoridated.......then it is about both.

14. SCRN2007

SCRN2007 SCRN2007

On the days after I work (sea of EMF) I measure as dehydrated on my body fat analyzer (BIA) scale. This despite drinking as much or more water than I do at home. I typically wake up with leg cramps the next day too, even though I take extra magnesium at work. The leg cramps seem to be regardless of whether it was a bad day in terms of walking. So maybe on work days I should consider Lugol's in my spring water even though I have Hashi's? Perhaps my normal seaweed and seafood intake is not enough mitigation on those days.

15. endless

endless New Member

Hmmm, I never considered DHEA turning to estrogen. I wonder if I was having some of that. I lowered my DHEA by half and started cycling the progesterone at the same time so I'm not sure which thing will affect what! Too impatient to do everything one at a time though. Good idea about the vitex all month. I have been mulling that idea around as well.

16. janagram

janagram New Member

vitex all month....hmm. Would that be safe for a 65 yr old lady? (as in, how much estrogen do I have? ....stored?)

17. diane

diane Gold

I don't know janagram. But if 65 year olds are on BHRT and take progesterone - I'm not sure why it wouldn't be ok.

So far today I feel great. Not even hungry for lunch. The real tell of the tape will be end of the day to dinner time - that's when I get cravings the most.

In other news, for some strange reason I was up until midnight last night. WHAT?? That hasn't happened in a while. I'm working on a new blog set up, but wasn't really tired. I ate dinner way too late (8:30 - haven't done that often either, but dinner was really delicious with salmon, kale and sauteed mushrooms). And I had coffee in the afternoon (which I also never do) which probably did it. Felt tired this morning, but took the d-rhibose with my tea and felt better. If I wake up with a tired feeling, the d-rhibose seems to take it away. Amazing that it's different for everyone. Also started to take diatomaceous earth yesterday. 1/4 tsp each for me and the dogs lol. Will see what that does too.

18. endless

endless New Member

Diane, where did you get the DE? I have only found commercial grade stuff but I don't want to eat that!

19. diane

diane Gold

Krista I got it at the place I get the raw food for the dogs. LOL. I seem to pick up a lot there!!

I don't know if it's the Vitex or the Diamataceous earth - but again today I didn't really feel like eating much of the day. I upped the DE to 1/2 tsp. I didn't eat lunch until almost 3. Wasn't that hungry for dinner, but did eat although a bit late at after 7. Is it possible that this is helping kill the cravings?

My progesterone showed up today. Plus my new thyroid and DHEA. Start progesterone on Friday. I got the pills, so will see how that goes. I hope I'm on the road to reversing a lot of this! Ups and downs, right?

20. caroline

caroline Moderator

Yep - lots of ups and downs and plenty of lateral moves to me thinks......