1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

I'm learning...by diane

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by diane, Dec 8, 2012.

1. endless

endless New Member

Diane, that's great about missing lunch! I think I am close to that as well, but I continue to do it...I'm thinking that it might just be partly out of emotional attachment or something. I'm afraid I'll get hungry, or something.

Soy! Yikes, I thought everyone was over that by now.

2. diane

diane Gold

Krista - I'm in the office today and ate lunch today. Will see how I feel at the end of the day. Have also noticed that I feel thirstier today, even more than yesterday when I worked from home. Will continue to monitor as this may be an important finding.

The water at work is filtered, not spring. I've only been drinking spring water at home a couple of days, but noticed that I'm not as thirsty. Supplemented with some delicious mineral water too. I may bring spring water with me a day here and there to see how it goes at work.

I know about the soy. I really didn't even know how to respond. That and the lecture about saturated fat and how it causes colon cancer. Oh boy.

3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

If it is filtered find out how......it could be great news.

4. BJK77

BJK77 Gold

I drink hard well water at home and at work we have filtered spring water (UV and ozone disinfection). I swear the water at work makes me nauseous!

5. endless

endless New Member

I was out for lunch with my SIL after the gym on Sunday and the waitress brought us glasses of Ice water. I couldn't even stand to have it on the table, it reeked so strongly of chlorine! I can't believe people actually drink that stuff. My water is untreated so I often forget about what comes out of most other taps. It's gross.

Hmmm....UV filtering adding electrons?

6. caroline

caroline Moderator

about missing lunch.....It usually isn't a problem for me but a few times I would be really hungry by 2:30. That would kind of freak me out because that is pretty early to have dinner. I would just have a little something and then eat more over the course of an hour or so and be totally fine. At first I worried that I would get really hungry before I went to bed or in the middle of the nite but that never happened - I would be totally fine until the next morning. There is something about eating by 4:30 for me that really works.

I know it is really hard for you guys when working to eat early enough ....but have you thought of carrying some jerky with you to munch on and get you started on your dinner?

7. diane

diane Gold

The one thing I can say is that snacking has gone down to pretty much zero. i used to buy in to the 5 meal a day philosophy - but that really didn't work for me. This is the first that I haven't needed to snack mid afternoon. Now that's a huge win!

I think you're right Caroline - an early dinner would be much better for me. Maybe some jerky would do the trick!

8. diane

diane Gold

I found a tanning salon near work yesterday. Now my only challenge is to get out of the office during the day! It's been so busy. I went in for only 5 minutes - didn't even feel anything. I definitely could go longer. I bought a pack of 10 and they threw in an extra 5. Plus the first session was free. So not a bad deal.

Does anyone else find it so relaxing when the lights go off at night? As soon as I turn them off I feel relaxed. What a wonderful feeling. Even better is the feeling when I crawl into bed. I do love my bed lol.

One thing I've been noticing the last few days is how clear I feel at work. I still have a ways to go in improving my health, but my brain is definitely working better. That feels amazing!

9. Inger

Inger Silver

Me! :) I LOVE to turn the lights off! I get so tired already at 8 PM..lol but I love it. It is pure luxury to me to feel this sweet tiredness and crawl early into my bed in my cold and fresh airy bedroom. Wow. Talk about cheap amusements..lol

I "had" to work 2 days this week evenings and come home at 11 PM. I can tell it did me no good! Stupid I was doing those shifts. I need to learn to say NO! I often do but not always. Gotta work on that.

I am so happy for you Diane that your brainfog is lifting! :D

10. Destiny

Destiny New Member

I am done by 8PM and usually sleep like a baby by 8:30 - 9 PM. I wake up between 6-6:30 AM. Before orange glasses, I used to go to bed between 10 -10:30 and woke up at 5:30 AM. How things have changed!

11. BJK77

BJK77 Gold

YES! I just feel like everything comes to a halt when the lights go out. It's time to decompress and unwind. I look forward to it every night. Funny - I used to use wine to get that feeling!

It helps that we use this time to read together as a family, play games or even draw or color together. Even though my kids still complain about it at times, I think they secretly enjoy it too!

12. diane

diane Gold

Today miraculously the cravings are gone. My TOM is back to normal - not as heavy a flow and it's not going to go on forever. This must be the effect of the Metformin. The Metformin however is not cutting down on cravings whatsoever.

I ran out of my thyroid meds yesterday and haven't gotten my new prescription. So I'm wondering if the thyroid meds were doingi t. I also doubled my zinc (to 30 mg) - could that be it? Not sure - but my partner was going to the convenience store and asked if I wanted anything, and I really didn't.

I have a conference coming up the end of May and we've been told to get our fitness level up. So how do you do that when exercise makes things worse lol. So I'm wondering if I can really get leptin sensitive in the next 6 weeks. Hit the CT hard. And then do some major hiking after that. I was back in the tub tonight. I think the damn thyroid meds were also making me cold, which did not make CT so appealing. It wasn't that bad tonight. Plus I've started reading Sex Lies and Menopause, which is fascinating - and I stayed in the tub until I finished a chapter lol. The first couple of chapters talk about the history of women's cycles, pregnancies and health - how it's cycled to the moon, the impact of artificial light, not having children, etc. So interesting! Threw some Epsom salts in the bath too. I'm out of magnesium - so I've got the Epsom salts and mineral water for now!

I've also been drinking seaweed water hoping to get my thyroid kick started. C'mon vrrrooooom! I do feel my sinuses clear while I drink seawater. Is this my imagination or is it doing something? That would be amazing! I'm using wakame - but it's a bit strong for me. I have some kombu in the cupboard, so will try that next.

13. caroline

caroline Moderator

Sounds like you are making lots of connections Diane. I wouldn't worry about your fitness level too much ....I think you must be very fit with all the walking/hiking you do with the dogs. Have you tested your arm strength? maybe get out your kettle bells and give them a go....

14. diane

diane Gold

Wow - awake at 5:30 this morning. Up earlier than usual and actually to work before 9am. I ran out at lunch to do a tanning session - did 8 minutes today. It was grey and cloudy and somehow I felt that I needed the "sun". So I declined a meeting and went lol. i was only gone a half hour, and it's been so busy that I haven't even taken lunch lately - I just felt like I had to do something for myself.

I was hungry when I woke up this morning - so excited. Had some top sirloin with liverwurst on top. And a pickle (which didn't really go with the meal). I don't think it was quite enough because I was pretty hungry by the time I got home. So note to self - need breakfast to be a bit bigger.

Also found a Movnat seminar in Toronto. But just clicked on it - and it's sold out! Darn, I'm too late. Hopefully there's another one, but it looked really interesting! Will have to keep my eyes open.

15. janagram

janagram New Member

That lunch sounds wonderful!! Pickle and all.

16. caroline

caroline Moderator

I would love to do movnat. I hope you connect with them and give it a go. Did you put your name on a waiting list?
    I need to find out if they do one for oldies!

17. diane

diane Gold

They have some upcoming in April!

18. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

I watched a short video. hahahahha I can just SEE me trying to do that. My bunged up right knee, my fat ass, ... wait let me amend that ... my OLD fat ass -- trying to haul myself up over rocks and shimmy up trees. hahahahahaha See I knew there was a real good reason (besides the snow storm that would have kept me in NM for a month) why I didn't go to Santa Fe. Although in thinking about it I coulda sat around sipping wine while waiting for the participants to come staggering back in. Now that might have been interesting.

19. janagram

janagram New Member

a senior version would be awesome! I think I'll create a workshop....it'll have seniors crawling around under a flatscreen tv hooking up wifi...and changing bedsheets after flipping the mattress...then... standing on a stool to reach up into the case of wine on a high shelf in the garage...and (here's the kicker) pulling a bottle out without taking the case down.....!! hard stuff! (yesterday i couldn't do this! Had to have a friend help!)

20. diane

diane Gold

Um I never thought of watching a video first lol. Although I'm pretty active and have done a lot of that kind of stuff in the past. It did say it was for all fitness levels!

Love the seniors workshop janagram! :)