1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

I'm learning...by diane

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by diane, Dec 8, 2012.

1. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

Darleen breaks into a chorus of "It's a small, small world" ...

2. BJK77

BJK77 Gold

Isn't it amazing how a consult with Jack can get you so motivated? I swear, after every consult I've had I feel so energized and always end up in a super cold tub or out half naked in the snow! Good for you for the dip in Lake Ontario!!

3. diane

diane Gold

It sure is! I was actually thinking over the past few days while I watched IvanDrago and Chrysanthamama - that they're out there doing it, and I'm reading about it. And my consult reinforced that and gave me the good push I needed.

4. caroline

caroline Moderator

What are we going to do without him is what I am wondering...........

5. diane

diane Gold

Hey Caroline. At the end of the day, it's up to us to do or not do.

6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

bingo.........

7. endless

endless New Member

I'm glad you found a place to ground/CT outside in the water....I should put my big girl panties on and get back in the river before the runoff makes it too dangerous.

I am using the 'weakest' tanning bed, too. Darleen, my salon has a choice of one with 28 bulbs, one with 35 bulbs, and the stand up ones with 54 bulbs.

8. caroline

caroline Moderator

Yes Diane - absolutely - no question - but this place has become such a wonderful place for learning, friendships, nudges when we get bogged down,hugs when we need one and a home away from home. It is amazing all the stuff we have taken on board and applied to our own lives ....all this amazing knowledge that Dr.K. has given us - tried to pound into our head bit by bit and we have become amazing people ....each in our own way.

The thing that was saddest for me a couple of weeks ago - all the abusive and terrible behaviour ,,,,, was I realised that Dr. K has an end game in mind ...and well he should have. Now he needs to be sitting at the ocean with his arms wrapped around his wife and seeing the sunrise/ sunset - at least for awhile.......

Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
  9. Inger

Inger Silver

About tanning beds, I researched those a period of my life when I lived in Germany. They had nice tanning salons there, way better than here. They had UVB solariums that was different then the UVAs because their UVB content was much higher than the regular solariums. Those did not made you brown fast, but slower and the brown color was more natural and lasted longer too. They were used mainly from neurodermitis patients as it helped their skin better than regular ones. I always used those too as it is much more close to natural sunlight. So try to pick a high UVB solarium, this is better for producing vit D too!

What else, if you can regulate the intensity, it is way better to use the lowest intensity and do longer, that the stronger and shorter time. Never use the stronger setting as they are way more unnatural. I used to be a tanning bed expert..lol
    I do not use tanning beds here as they have only the high UVA ones AFAIK.. but maybe they still are better then none..hmmm

I love what turn the forum has taken the last days. So uplifting, indeed! It feels good to come here and read. :) Lifts me up...

10. prAna303

prAna303 New Member

Simply the fact that everything evolves, entropy gets more complicated and fewer remains? The change is going on and the ones that resonates creates new odd tunes, vibrations. Many are talking about a new "me" because they see changes more clear...

11. Destiny

Destiny New Member

When I had a saliva testing done a year ago, my ratio was 1,429 since I was supplementing only with progesterone at that time. I realize that could also have compromised the result.
    Then, I had hot flashes, so I started with Triest and my blood ratio was 51 last August. Still that is a big difference so it makes me question the salivary results.

I am going to have a blood ratio done soon to see where I am now since I don't supplement anything. I might do the salivary too if I can swing it financially. That would be a great comparison.

12. diane

diane Gold

Beautiful way of putting it prAna303.

13. diane

diane Gold

Last night I had an amazing sleep - and could hardly keep my eyes open at 9:30. That hasn't happened in a few weeks! Although morning is still a fight for me to drag my butt out of bed. Either I'm still not getting into autophagy or my cortisol levels aren't rising in the morning. Or maybe both?

But something I did yesterday made a difference. Or maybe all of what I did yesterday made a difference. I also feel a lot less bloated today and leaner around the middle. So, probably a combination of:
    - tight diet, and upping the fat.
    - spring and mineral water
    - CT in Lake Ontario
    - tanning bed

I'm not saying everything is fixed overnight, but clearly something moved in the right direction.

14. BJK77

BJK77 Gold

I had my first decent night of sleep after I did my first tanning session. I had also been increasing my water intake (good, hard, well water) and earthing more for a few days prior to this too, but I really felt like the tanning triggered something in my body that enabled me to get into a more restful and sound sleep. Mornings are still tough for me, but I find them to be improving too. I don't have to literally crawl and pull myself out of bed anymore . . . now I just kind of roll out! Eagerly waiting for the day I jump out with so much energy because I'm just so darned revitalized and ready to start my day, though I imagine I may be waiting a long time for that to happen ;)

Oh - I also feel a bit leaner around my middle too and I don't have much weight to lose, but I swear that seems to be from the combination of tanning + more earthing too.

15. endless

endless New Member

I'm sure hoping for that experience! I have had a recurrence of abdominal flabbiness, or maybe it's puffiness, and it's really frustrating. Maybe if I just lay on the snow on my belly and get sun on my back...lol

16. caroline

caroline Moderator

I really want to understand this whole water and dehydration thing much better - It seems to me it is a very big key - for women especially.

17. diane

diane Gold

Yes, agree Caroline.

Interesting today - for the first time, pretty much ever, I just didn't feel like lunch. I mean really didn't feel like it. My dr. appointment was at 2:30, thought I would just wait until I got back to see if I wanted anything. But then I didn't eat until dinner! Granted I ate dinner at 5pm which I never do (benefit of working from home today). I didn't up my BAB really - had 2 hamburger patties but put a slice of liverwurst on top. And my tea with coconut oil. I did drink more water today - and all spring water, no tap water. Interesting. Now let's see if I get cravings later tonight or how that goes.

Today the dr. upped my thyroid meds (yes, she agreed it's not enough and needs to come up). Also got a prescription for progesterone. She thinks that chasteberry will do the same thing - anyone have any experience with this? Although my thinking is because mine is so low, I need something that I know will work. She's recommended cycling the last 2 weeks of my cycle. And increased DHEA - although that will be a tough one once I get to the high end of the Canadian range - which is lower than most other countries. I'd forgotten about all of the recommendations she made and she walked through asking which ones I've done. Didn't like that I eat saturated fat every day, still wants me to replace some of it with soy. Um, no. There was no way I was telling her about putting oil in my tea or the tanning bed! Could you imagine! LOL.

18. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Simply......huge is the only way to describe it. If you want to outlive and be healthy it is your key. If you saw my water consumption this yr.......for what I put myself thru testing for EMF all over 6 time zones artic to equator........I probably gave 3 yrs of my life span to see I was right.........I had to make sure before I decided.

19. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

maybe someday if we all meet somewhere.......you will really hear what I did in Sept to Feb this yr........crazy epic but really educational for my health

20. caroline

caroline Moderator

I am really counting on you and all of us to make that happen....... Could we start thinking about something/ someplace about six months from now? It would be the icing on the cake (epi paleo of course) for the two years we have happilystuck like glue and seen such massive changes/improvements in our lives in every imaginable way. ...... And at the top of my bucket list is giving you a hug and a lot of others here for helping me to re discover all my possibilities.
    The last two years has been endlessly enriching....... Mind blowing really.....