1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

I'm learning...by diane

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by diane, Dec 8, 2012.

1. ashryn

ashryn New Member

Hey, to convert your D levels to metric, just divide by 2.5. My score of 149 (which I was happy about) ended up down near 60 which I was less happy about.

2. diane

diane Gold

Thanks Ashryn!

Got new labs today.
    Pg is at 1.1 nmol/L (5.6-86) - YIKES!! Down from last testing (which was June 2011)
    Estradiol - 340 pmol/L (151-774) Up from last testing
    DHEA 5.2 (<6.95) - which converts to 200 which is up from 184 in December - whoot!
    TSH 2.68 mIU/L (.35-5) was 2.99 in Dec
    FT3 4.4 pmol/L (2.6-5.7) - was at 4.3 in Dec
    FT4 11 pmol/L (12-22) was 10.3 in Dec
    RT3 to come.

My doctor's appointment is Monday, so definitely gonna ask for Pg!

Today at work, my team asked me if I had my hair done, my makeup looked different. HOLY CRAP my hair must have looked horrible with the no poo!!! Oh my god I can't believe it. Of course, I admitted to my no 'poo experiment (can't help myself, I'm a serial truth-teller). Plus they know the crazy crap I do (I've been doing crazy crap all my life). LOL. Or maybe it was the glow from the tanning bed. :)

3. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

Here, I have a giant fukashima oyster for you ... maybe IT will make you glow. heh heh heh. :p

4. diane

diane Gold

Have been trying to calculate by Pg/E ratio. Wanted to put the calculator in my journal so I'll find it again. LOL.

http://new.instacalc.com/421

My ratio is 8.9. I saw somewhere that you should aim for 400-500 (if anyone knows and can verify thank you in advance). So I'm way off. I'm really not surprised - but now I have a number to take in to my doctor on Monday.

Also trying to schedule a consult before Monday so I can go in armed. :)

5. diane

diane Gold

Oh wait. I did the Pg/E calc wrong. I put the Canadian number in for the E, not the converted. When I put in the converted by ratio is 2.4. That sounds kinda bad. LOL.

Now if another doctor tells me that my cycle being off is a sign of perimenopause - I'm calling bullish((t. Now I have proof. :)

6. caroline

caroline Moderator

Are you sure that calc is right? mine was 7 and that was critically low

7. caroline

caroline Moderator

was that saliva?

8. diane

diane Gold

It was blood levels - my doc doesn't believe in saliva testing lol. I think it's right?? My Pg was way lower than even the bottom of the range, so something is off for sure. I did the conversion to US and plugged it into the calculator. But I don't always trust my math. LOL.

9. caroline

caroline Moderator

How does JK feel about bloods? Can't remember....

10. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

This made me smile Diane. Especially the "plus they know the crazy crap I do". Everyone I work closely with thinks I am a health nut and they freak looking at my lunches.

In regards to hair, you can tell from my pic how short I keep it. Had my every 5 weeks trim yesterday and she channeled Edward Scissorhands. My God, it is short (even for me)! Good thing I like it that way...

Hope you get your Pg Rx upped at the doctors appt. how about trying an OTC cream?

11. diane

diane Gold

Caroline - blood for hormones is good, you can use saliva to more easily calculate PG/E ratio (if I remember correctly). Saliva for ASI (which I'm gonna work on her getting, perhaps to no avail but I can try).

Fitness@home - the thing I love is when they walk over to me a few weeks later and tell me that they think there's something to what I'm doing. LOL. Of course there is - or why would I be doing it. :) And I love the hair in your pic! That's the thing about short hair - it also feels like it grows faster lol.

I'm pretty confident at getting the Rx - the thing will be convincing her to let me play around and up it on my schedule, not on hers. If she doesn't, my naturopath sells a cream that she uses for her PCOS, so I will go that route.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
  12. endless

endless New Member

Diane, look on the ZRT website for a list of Canadian businesses that use them....I found my chiropractor on there and got the ASI through him, although I'd never had known to ask him since it is not advertised. Your ND should be able to get it through Rocky Mountain Analytical, too.

13. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

Diane, are you dosing daily with the Pg cream? I'm really at a loss as to where I should go with this info. I did decide to wait on the estrogen/Pg testing until I complete this cycle of Pg. I want to see if my body is producing any at all on its own before I start fiddling with adjusting dosages.

14. diane

diane Gold

Thanks Krista! I will do that.

Darleen I don't have any cream as of yet. I'm not sure yet either - and I keep going back and reading old blogs in the middle of the new ones to see what I can pick up.:)

15. diane

diane Gold

Had my consult this morning - it was great! Got a lot of information, but the key takeaway is that I really need to take action. I've done some things, but there's lots more I can do, and the time is now.

So, after the consult, I put the dogs in the car and headed to Lake Ontario to walk in the water. The first step was getting in the car. The second was walking along the lake. Once I was there, I thought oh come on, I sit in 42 degree water, how bad can it be? And the answer was, it wasn't. It was a bit hard on the feet after a minute or so (yes it was a very short one), but hey I did it! My younger dog came in with me, had to convince the older one. But they pranced around in the water up to their bellies for a few minutes too. Some ducks came by, and I could tell the dogs wanted to go chase, but once they got in a bit, weren't going any further lol.

i usually hate sand, but today, just dusted my feet of a bit and threw my socks back on. Didn't care a bit. I could actually feel my feet heating up as I drove home!

Then to the grocery store for some spring water. Will start with that for now. Got a couple of big jugs to try - made sure there was no fluoride.

Then to the tanning salon! Went in the weakest bed for 5 minutes today. When I took my socks off, the sand came out LOL. Definitely didn't feel as claustrophobic today, so I closed my eyes and relaxed for 5 minutes. So I got both my water and photons today!

16. caroline

caroline Moderator

Good for you Diane! Was this a consult with JK? how are your hormone levels and Vit D?

I lived for a number of years around Sunnyside - does that still exist?

17. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

I'm curious about the "weakest" bed thing. All of them at the salon I go to are the same. The only difference is the amount of time I choose to spend. And I checked last week and found they had "re-bulbed" all the beds recently. I thought they felt hotter.

18. diane

diane Gold

Caroline - yes it was a consult with JK. And I was just west of Sunnyside!

I don't know Darleen - they told me that some of the beds are stronger than others, so they started me out on the weakest one. You can vary the time spent as well.

19. caroline

caroline Moderator

I lived on Indian Road.....not far from High Park...when I was young. My Dad was involved when they started working the land that became the Holland Marsh.

20. diane

diane Gold

Oh my god - I lived on Indian Road Crescent when I first moved to Toronto!! I was north of Bloor - I think Indian Road runs both north and south. Wow - that's so cool! Caroline - you're so connected to so many people here!