1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

If you use almond flour, the paleo darling, be careful.

Discussion in 'Epi-Paleo Recipes' started by Jack Kruse, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

And before you ask........I avoid almond flour because I don’t "paleofy" any foods. This practice is one of the main reasons I want to be an outsider in this community.
    Sometimes you have to walk away from what you want to find what you deserve. When you fuel your life's journey on the opinions of others, you end up on a dark curvy road holding a gas can.........

Darleen, b612, nicld and 2 others like this.
  3. Inger

Inger Silver

Great stuff. ^^

I don't think nut butters are great either

Christina Gagnon likes this.
  4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

^^^I agree with that too. Flours and butters are paleofied foods. Eat raw nuts.

Cheryl., Mary B, Mayuri and 2 others like this.
  5. caroline

caroline Moderator

I have never understood why folks make all those paleo recipes ....I always find that very simple is much, much better - and the less cooking the better - for so many reasons!
    this has always been my n=1 ...for what it is worth.

Antonis, FNJORD and Stella like this.
  6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Why? lack of electrons from eating bacon and beef and not enough oysters is the short answer.

7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Nature is always fundamental in health but no one wants to understand it is at is smallest levels to see why we are so off track. Paleo suffers from this as does allopathic medicine. This is why I tell people to still read my blog even if the do not understand quantum physics. What I write is important for all living things. The goal of the blog has always been to convince you not to turn away your attention because you do not understand the material. It is to draw your consciousness in to peer into how nature really works and light your curiosity on fire. As for Paleo, they have way too much wrong to get a pass from me. A doctor has a duty to point out where their message is dead wrong. Food is a very small part of the health equation. Paleo advocates paleofying food. I don’t "paleofy" any foods or Rx. This practice is one of the main reasons I want to be an outsider in this community. Sometimes you have to walk away from what you want to find what you deserve. When you fuel your life's journey on the opinions of others, you end up on a dark curvy road holding a gas can......... Understanding QED is why they continue to miss the big points for health reversals. Paleo is step in the correct direction from a SAD but there is so much poor info on basic physiologic functioning of circadian biology and food. Moreover, Their group and its leaders break all the circadian rules and thinks technology is a non issue and its all about grass fed meat and cross fit. Well it's all about electrons and paying attention to light cycles and food and exercise come after those. That is why I have a problem with them and I wont stop pointing it out until they get the message.

8. colt

colt Gold

Jumping in here. In the Cross fit world, because of the crazy amount of high reps, position is often over looked. I believe position is the most underrated fitness gem. We've had people leave our clinic and gym better than when they walked in just by standing at attention and/or learning how to breath correctly. Sounds simple huh? Basic qualities that are over looked because someone always has a cool exercise or a work until you puke attitude. We hold various positions or move extremely slow to create the results we seek faster then conventional methods. Within these basic positions reflex arcs and proper brain to muscle activations occur.

I love this quote

The connection between your parietal and pre motor cortex is the key to getting well........it is the first place in the brain that needs to be fixed to begin to be aware of the bad choices you are making. DHA is the way to hypertrophy this tract. Meditation helps......but without DHA you have a low current and low amount of light in that circuit.

Everything in fitness should start in the brain…..

9. caroline

caroline Moderator

You are on fire Dr. K. ...... Thanks for getting so much more specific.

It is so hard to help people when they don't get that details matter .....you have always said that it is our inconvenient truth.

I still don't understand why people don't get that tho ..... details matter big time in our everyday life.

You wouldn't go into surgery only half prepared ...... and surely our body/brain should be target #1 and then our life flows from there .......

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  10. nicld

nicld Gold

I don't use the nut flours anymore either, started getting "reactions" to them. Now coconut flour tortillas, now that is yummy. Especially with Mahi Mahi, avocado and a sriracha cabbage slaw.

Kelly A and Greenisland like this.
  11. Penny

Penny New Member

I take a bunch of different nuts and pumpkin/sunflower seeds, coconut oil/butter, cinnamon, honey - stick it in the food processor - roll up little balls and dredge them in cocoa powder - the kids love them and it's a great anti-parasitical...

I also throw this mixture into my iced coffee with some turmeric, cardommom, and black pepper - yum:)

Cheryl. likes this.
  12. b612

b612 New Member

I would rather eat wheat flour than almond flour... Oxidized omega 6. A highway to cancer

Joann likes this.
  13. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

especially when their is a lack of omega 3 in the CM.

14. Danco3636

Danco3636 Silver

I am finding the simpler and more natural state of food I consume the better. No need to make paleo brownies, paleo ice cream, paleo nut butters, paleo gluten free pasta, seafood salad.
    Just plain good whole foods.
    Plus crunching and chewing my nuts are much more enjoyable and tasty than butters. Well real raw from grass-fed cows butter may be the exception :) - good stuff on my veggies.

15. b612

b612 New Member

Paleo almond flour pancakes, sugar free pudding and canned coconut milk. GIVE ME A BREAK!!! I'm following a couple of paleo people on Instagram. All they post is sugary "sugar-free" desserts and almond flour pancakes! They get as many likes as vegan smoothies and sushi. :D I personally discovered that I can tolerate small amounts of gluten if I take good amounts of Betaine HCI. I could digest a bunch of stones if you ask me :p

16. thomas

thomas Sun Worshipper

Sardines is the new bread. Mackerel is the new butter. Few Veggies to add diversity. And Repeat, every meal, every day lol.

17. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

18. Inger

Inger Silver

I do not have time to follow that kind of crap... :p
    I am cheating some tho... I just had a LOT of raw cheese I made myself from fresh colostrum milk from the neighbor..... it is so crazy good I cant stop eating it. I put it back in the fridge but in a few minutes I take it out again and have some more... until the whole piece is gone :eek:
    I got it so fresh today it was still.... warm.... just half an hour since he milked the cow... how cool is that.... :)
    he always calls me when a cow gives birth and I get the colostrum... for free... cause I share some cheese with him.. and.... guess what more... OYSTERS...lol

I really need the cheese I am telling myself now... because I am totally overworked and starting to get.... exhausted...uh! I thought I will not make it home today that tired was I but then I come home... took off the clothes... lied in the sun nude for a few hours.... and ate lots of seafood.... and dipped in the rain barrel.. and I got new again :) Tomorrow 12 hour work day again o_O too many of the lately.
    But I picked oysters today too, so I am armed ;)

run out of oysters again for a few days.. because I have shared with my both bosses..... especially the Chef.. he loves them! Last I worked I brought quite some oysters for us and he brought a bottle of Veuve Clicquot Champagne... and we shared it all both alone after work.. late into the night.. oh man..and talked about... Jack... and so many things.......
    he said he has more bottles for us to share..... I bring him oysters every day I work when I have any :) at least one big! His wife would really need some but she does not like them... sadly

ups... now I really rambled away

Cheryl. and RobH like this.
  19. b612

b612 New Member

Haha, me neither. I started following them a couple of years ago when I was a little bit different :rolleyes: They still post the same crap after years... Never get bored

20. omegajosh

omegajosh www.mitolab.com

But in the same way that one should eat almonds and not nut butters or flours should one not consume milk instead of butter and whole coconuts instead of coconut flour, milk or oil?

It seems the problem is with the specifics of each food, not with the (albeit ridiculous) fashion of paleofying?