1. Registering for the Forum

    We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

    After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

    Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

    If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

If you move to the countryside, what profession do you learn before?

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by BrunoB, Jun 6, 2019.

  1. BrunoB

    BrunoB New Member

    Hello good day. good is that the question. In addition to agriculture,
    cattle raising, beekeeping.
    I think maybe I could use mechanics for trucks or tractors.
    you who think or recommend? thanks
     
  2. Bob Stirling

    Bob Stirling New Member

    Yes mechanics is good, it is always needed. Also operating equipment, loaders, excavators, trucks etc. This would get you outside a lot. I would plan to be self employed at some point. Don't stop at one skill, have 3 or 4. Welding is another one.
     
    Solidsilverteeth and BrunoB like this.
  3. Solidsilverteeth

    Solidsilverteeth New Member

    Less than 2% of the worlds population are fishermen or farmers feeding the other 98%

    Become a food producer. Either fishing or farming.

    Because a small holder, or micro farm or small fishing boat is near the water.
     
    BrunoB likes this.
  4. Seafoodeater

    Seafoodeater New Member

    Yes learning to provide food for yourself and others will be very valuable skills

    Setting nets and shellfish traps, or setting traps on land for small game

    Shooting air guns, and then of course foragin wild food will be excellent

    Even wild planting guerrilla gardening wild edible plants in unused areas near your home.

    Cut and come again healthy nutritious plants that are free and grow wild
     
    BrunoB likes this.

Share This Page