1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

If you have a fungus/mold problem, which doctor would you choose?

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by BrunoB, Dec 8, 2019.

1. BrunoB

BrunoB New Member

Hi good day. I have read that there are 2 supposedly doctors who are dedicated to this.
    One is Neil Nathan and the other Ritchie Shoemaker.
    Which one would you choose and why? Was your experience with any of them good or bad? Thank you

kim johnson likes this.
  2. ElectricUniverse

ElectricUniverse New Member

Before embarking on a mold campaign (unless you know for sure you have indoor mold infestation), I would also rule out other possible causes, such as Lyme and its related constellation of infections.

BrunoB likes this.
  3. JanSz

JanSz Gold

John Schumacher and BrunoB like this.
  4. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
  5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Me, I would trust no doctor. I'd hire and EMF consultant and then a realtor.

6. JanSz

JanSz Gold

EMF consultant may publicize results and make that property unsaleable or at least vulnerable to future suits.
    I would hire one of them and not the other.

I have this cancer causing farm, would you like to buy it?

Martha Ray likes this.

7. If you dont trust a doctor, or some or all of our whorish institutions, why trust a self proclaimed emf expert or a realtor. Buy a meter and take responsibility for your assets. There are times to use doctors and experts, but remember they are packing their parachutes, not your's. Use a realtor as a tool but not for advice. Pack your own chute!

8. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Even better thought.

drezy and kim johnson like this.
  9. BrunoB

BrunoB New Member

If it's logical. But I need years of study, time, money, health and life to become an EMF expert.
    I don't have all these elements unfortunately... otherwise I wouldn't be on the forum.

10. ElectricUniverse

ElectricUniverse New Member

That's good advice if you are willing to do your own homework and become a lay expert, and also lay out a considerable sum to purchase and learn to use the different types of meters for different types of EMF in your domicile.

How many people are willing to do this? 50% 20% 5% ?

11. BrunoB

BrunoB New Member

Even more discriminating question... how many people who don't earn in usd can do it?

12. Tfreeman

Tfreeman Gold

First choice is to work on your environment - I live in NYC and have made the choice to start saving to move.

However, I read dr. shoemakers work for years with no success. Then I read Toxic by Neil Nathan and it was enlightening to hear about his patients that are the most toxic and the most sensitive patients. Dr. Nathan on podcasts is always willing to listen and change his ideas. I actually think he would be REALLY open to hearing Jacks views and science to back it up.

When I first read Toxic I was on my first month of medical leave from my job. After reading it and testing my mold levels and going on welchol and nystatin along with a few other supplements got me back to work a month later. This is the best I've felt in years and am finally able to work. A month after that I found this website and have put a few other things into place like the leptin rx and watching sunrises. Though my environment is one of the worst - putting both Dr. Nathan's protocol and Jack's protocols into place has helped me a TON. I'd say I'm 20% better which is honestly huge considering how sick I've been.

Josie Thomson and BrunoB like this.
  13. Tfreeman

Tfreeman Gold

I did Great Plains mold test - I have a ton of Ochratoxins flowing out of me as well as others so I was obviously full of mold. I plan to use the sun to get rid of this over the summer, but for now the welchol, optifiber lean, nystatin, and actually cutting out dairy have been huge.

PM me if you want dr. nathan's protocol.

BrunoB and Martha Ray like this.
  14. Martha Ray

Martha Ray Martha Ray, New Member

I am a dancer
    Hope to remediate well for self and for some buyer who wants to be here, then move and hope someone is doing the same for my next residence further south.

15. Martha Ray

Martha Ray Martha Ray, New Member

Was it MycoTOX profile (Mold Exposure) Great Plains test? https://www.greatplainslaboratory.com/gplmycotox

Tfreeman likes this.
  16. Tfreeman

Tfreeman Gold

17. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Please post link to the protocol that helped you.
    Googling I came with bunch of replys.

upload_2020-3-13_8-7-10.png

Sean Waters likes this.
  18. Tfreeman

Tfreeman Gold

I can take a look at the above and see which is pretty much his protocol. But here are my notes from chapter 3: mold toxicity with entire protocol directly from the book:

Toxic: Healing Your Body

Mold

Visual Aptitude Test - Richie Shoemaker

RealTime Labs in Houston, Tx

• Simple urine test for ochoratoxins, aflatoxins, gluitoxin, trichothecenes
    • Take oral glutathione 500 mg twice daily for a week before testing to improve diagnostic capabilities
    • Hot tub for 10-30 minutes prior to collection
    • Great Plains lab urine mycotoxin test is more accurate and reproducible
    • Combo of GP and RealTime is best
    • elevated levels of any mycotoxin indicate a clear diagnosis and allow us to proceed with treatment immediately
    • C4a, TGF-b1 and MMP9 are useful but much less specific than urine mycotoxin tests
    Treating Mold Toxicity - Shoemaker Protocol

• Assess the home or place of damage
    • Cholestyramine (questran)
      • One scoop 4 grams (1 2/3 teaspoon four times a day)
      • Take a half an hour before a meal with fat in the meal encouraged
      • Patient must wait an another 90 minutes before taking any other supplement or medication, keeping in mind that cholesttyramine is a strong binder and may interfere with the absorption of other materials if taken together
      • Questran comes in powdered form a contains a large amount of sugar
      • Obtain cholestyramine obtained from a compounding pharmacy so that it is much purer and more in line with treatment
      • Sugar literally feeds the mold and other microbes growing in the gut
      • Can cause constipation, heartburn, dyspepsia
      • Magnesium and vitamin C are the tools for working with this side effect
      • If a Herx type reaction occurs, its coming out too fast and protocol needs to be slowed down
      • Don’t fight through the side effects, take as much as your body can handle
      • Chlorella helps too for binding
      • Bacteria growing in the sinus area named multiple antibiotic resistant coagulase negative staph may prevent full recovery if not addressed
      • Culture for the bacteria using a nasal swab and treat patient who test positive with a combination of nasal sprays and antibiotics
      • Follow up with lab testing c4a and TGF beta 1 to see if continuing inflammation
      • If patient still isn’t better may use a VIP nasal spray
    • OR its biological cousin Colesevelam hydrochloride (Welchol)
      • 2 capsules 625 mg each 3 times per day
    • Typically used for treatment of elevated cholesterol but in mold-toxic patients, they bind to the toxin more strongly than the toxin binds to bile and thus pull toxin out of intestinal tract while bile returns to the liver
    • Drastically decreases load of toxin in body and allows healing to begin
    • Low-amylose diet (high protein, low carb, only carbs allowed are carb products)
    • VCS test repeated at every visit to see how treatments are progressing

The Brewer Protocol (Dr. Reids Version of It)

• RealTime or Great Plains tests
    • Antifungal nasal sprays and concomitant use of appropriate binders
    • Oral anti fungal treatment to eradicated areas of mold colonization - sinuses and gut
    • Serious toxin removing complications can create a false negative
    • Sauna, glutathione can create issues and make patients feel sicker
    • Repeat test using a nasal washing and send material to a lab to be analyzed
    • Numbers may be much higher on repeat testing
    • Follow up tests may actually reflect true toxin load
    Finding and Using the Best Binders

Ochratoxins - cholestyramine, Welchol, and activated charcoal

Aflatoxins - activated charcoal and bentonite clay

Trichothecens - activated charcoal, chlorella, bentonite clay

Gliotoxins - bentonite clay, Sac B, NAC

Dr. Neils Steps:

1. Sac B- 8 to 10 billion once with a meal per day (305 for sensitive patients)
    2. Then increase to once capsule with 2 meals per day
    3. Next add bentonite clay, one capsule of 500 mg (Yerba primate bentonite clay some of a teaspoon per day
    4. Make sure patient is not tolerating any worsening of symptoms - pulling more toxin into body than body can process - if some is good more is not necessarily better - honor your ability to detoxify!
    5. 6-8 weeks on binders before next step, can take longer

1. If you start with hydrosol silver nasalspray before anti-fungals it allows you to see which a patient is sensitive to
    2. One spray of Argentyn 23 in each nostril - most patients to well with this
    3. With binders up and running, ant-fungals will help next - go very slowly and gently and make sure that the patient remains comfortable throughout the process
    4. Amphotericin B used for patients who can tolerate a lot
    5. Nystatin nasal spray use for patients who cannot tolerate much
    6. Those patients that all in between can use a 2 percent ketoconazole spray or 1 percent itraconazole spray
    7. Take Hydrosol silver and Antifungal nasal spray at the same time
    8. Then add a nasal spray that will help dissolve biofilm
    9. Colonized mold in sinus and gut tries to protect itself from immune system and from treatment by recreating thick layer of biofilm around itself
    10. For biofilm: chelation spray that contains EDTA, AND a BEG spray
      1. 1 administration daily and BEG can be used for sensitive patients - chelation spray causes too much nasal congestion in some people
    11. .06 perfect amphotericin B is well tolerated in both sinus and gut areas
    12. Next start with oral anti fungal treatment - start with Argentyn 23 1/2 to 1 teaspoon twice daily and then add antimfungal medication and biofilm-dissolving agent
    13. Sporanox (itraconazole)
    14. 100 mg every two weeks and slowly work it up to once a day then to twice a day or even disease twice a day if patient is stronger
    15. If patient has clear presence of gliotoxin which is made by both aspergillum and candida add in NAC 500mg and nystatin tablets two to four times a day 500,00 u each
    16. Add in: InterFase Plus from Klaire Labs 103 times a day OR MC-BFM from beyond balance twice daily
    17. Nasal spray of NAC to help break biofilm from gliotoxin can be helpful
    MAJOR PROTOCOL:

STEP 1: evaluate environment for mold. While there are many methods for testing mold, a relatively cheap and accurate option is the ERMI test

STEP 2: do the mycotoxin test through either Great Plains lab or realtime lab to see if you have mycotoxin issues. To improve diagnostic capabilities use oral glutathione 500 mg twice daily for a week prior to taking the test and sweat for 10 to 30 minutes with a sauna or hot bath 30 minutes before collecting specimen

STEP 3: add a binder specific for the mycotoxins found through your testing - see binders on page 73 specifics

STEP 4: add oral and or nasal antifungals to treat mold that may have colonized in your body

• The patients who have taken the nasal sprays the most consistently have done the best clinically
    • Amphotericin b nasal spray and nystatin nasal spray in a study show improvements in 94 and 89 percent of his patients
    Detoxficiation strategies:

• Beyond Balance called Toe-Ease GL which helps with liver and GI tract using or or two drops once or twice daily and working up slowly as tolerated by the patient to five to ten drops twice daily
    • Then add in homeopathic materials from BioResource called Tires and Renelix and start with 1 or 2 drops twice daily and working up to five to ten drops twice daily as tolerated
    • IV of phosphatidylcholine has been helpful at 10 to 15 cc but start with .5 to 1 cc
    • Ozone can be beneficial
    • LDI low dose immonotherapy
    • Infrared sauna
    • Epsom salt bath
    • Oil pulling

Sean Waters and Martha Ray like this.
  19. Tfreeman

Tfreeman Gold

20. RebeccaCameron

RebeccaCameron New Member

I've heard of these doctors, but I don't know any of them personally. Actually, I did not have such a health problem, but my brother did. The clinic where he is being treated uses a https://www.iinsight.biz/ software that allows my brother to keep in touch with the doctor at all times. Therefore, it is very convenient for him to use an online medical card to make an appointment for a consultation. The doctor helped him with this problem, but it took a long time. As far as I know, different doctors use different methods of treating this disease. Still, unfortunately, not every technique can cure this disease.

Last edited: May 1, 2021
    BrunoB likes this.