1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

If you are going through hell, keep going

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Cuffy, Aug 27, 2019.

1. drezy

drezy Gold

As the self appointed spokesperson for all husbands the policy is that you can keep the steak if we get an "electric with energy" wife served on up to us.

One good oxy session followed by a can of sardines beats the best steak out there.

caroline, Phosphene and Cuffy like this.
  2. Cuffy

Cuffy Gold

I ate sardines 8 hours later and then rubbed my nipples til I saw stars. o_O

3. drezy

drezy Gold

It might be a little early to call it, but I think you're going to fit in here just fine.

4. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Yes nice to have another uninhibited foodie on board!

Your chopped clams comment on the sardines thread inspired dinner for tonight:

Zoodles (local zucchini noodles)
    Chopped clams (rotating my stock :glasses:)
    Garlic, tons
    Olive oil
    Oregano
    Chile flakes
    Fresh parsley
    Fresh lemon juice
    Parmesan
    S&P

Yes!!!!

Christine_L, Alex97232 and Cuffy like this.
  5. Cuffy

Cuffy Gold

I'll be right over! Especially if you have fresh, local peaches for dessert.

6. Cuffy

Cuffy Gold

I've neglected my journal for so long, I found it on the bottom of page 2 on the board. I tend to write more (and [over]analyze) when life is challenging, but I feel pretty great these days. I went completely off plan last Saturday (one meal). It wasn't that bad, but I consumed things I haven't touched in months, such as dairy and alcohol. It started with 8 oysters, followed by a cobb salad with shrimp and a half a grassfed burger. But then a tray of sweet potato martinis arrived at our table (we were at my brother's restaurant), and then a coconut cupcake assaulted my plate. Coconut is health food dontchaknow. My leptin must be improving because it was easy to get back on OMAD the next day with zero self pity. Also, that cupcake was so cloyingly sweet, I left more than half behind on the plate.

I'm in limbo right now. Waiting on the results from a bunch of tests, then a followup with the NP mid October. At that point, we'll decide what support I need (gut, adrenals, sex steroids, etc.)

But the best thing that happened today was when my boss Slacked me and wrote, "You can work from home full time if you want." Do I want?! I could fit work around my light schedule and do CT when it's convenient. I am seriously considering it.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
  7. caroline

caroline Moderator

Nice development.......

Sweet potato martini????

8. Cuffy

Cuffy Gold

It was weird but oddly compelling! Other than liberal amounts of vodka, all I know is it contained sweet potato puree and a sprinkling of nutmeg. Too sweet, really, but I soldiered bravely on for science (we were the testers) ;)

caroline and Phosphene like this.
  9. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Full-time work from home?? Score!

I’m heading into the testing labyrinth soon...ugh. Feeling very good but want to get a baseline since it’s been years and I’m firmly into menopause now. A few pounds crept on over the summer and they are slower to leave now. Libido could be (much) better too. Curious about the bioidentical hormones...

Cuffy likes this.
  10. Cuffy

Cuffy Gold

I know! I was really surprised, but he's sympathetic because he's married to someone who is sensitive to just about everything.

Good luck with the testing! I find data to be interesting (we TWs tend to thrive on the nitty gritty), but my early test results aren't necessarily what I'd have thought. Probably because I don't know how to interpret them holistically.

I haven't gotten the stool test results back, but the urine (hormone) test indicates my testosterone was high--high enough to eliminate me from sports competition (not that that's me). So I am curious why my lidibo has been circling the drain.

Tomorrow I'm off to serve as a pin cushion. Homocysteine, MTHFR, C-RP, full thyroid panel, including antibodies, and others.

11. JanSz

JanSz Gold

This is a subject that I have not seen being seriously discussed, (women or mam).

Unihibited, rested, lots of sunlight
    with uninhibited parther
    willing
    enjoing everything about it
    not able to reach orgasm
    why?

I was thinking of saying that it sucks, but no, it is still enjoyable experience.
    With man, it may be correlated to high estradiol and/or prolactin (progesterone/DHT-5a?) (but it is more about ability to get erection), if erection is ok, the question is still as above.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
    Cuffy and drezy like this.
  12. Cuffy

Cuffy Gold

We have no problem reaching the end goal. I just have little interest in getting things started.

I'm confident we'll see the return of jungle sex once I get my hormones sorted.

Phosphene and caroline like this.
  13. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Cuffy and Phosphene like this.
  14. Cuffy

Cuffy Gold

I was forced onto the scale during a gastro consult today and found out I've lost 22 pounds since August 14. That's the good news.

The bad news is I have to eat bread two times a day for 6 weeks in order to test for celiac.

I gave up eating gluten a few years ago and, with rare exception, I stay away from frankenwheat. I could just keep plugging along in abstinence ... but I really want to know, once and for all, if I have that autoimmune disorder.

Christine_L and caroline like this.
  15. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Woo hoo on the weight loss! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

The bread sounds like a high price to pay for that knowledge (likely gain most of it back) but I thankfully don’t have stomach issues. I’ve put on a few pounds over the summer and fall with carb indulgences and probably not enough sustained activity. Apparently hiking once a week and floating in cool water 2-3 times a week isn’t cutting it. I slacked off on my yoga after my studio closed in spring, and I’ll bet that’s a huge part of it. Bit of an emotional block there that I need to explore further in my journal.

I applaud your CT. I’m great with outdoor but not so much indoor. (Though I do have a new (old) heat lamp now so maybe that will help.) One crazy idea I have is dipping in the river after work a few blocks away from the restaurant. I shouldn’t even mention this since someone will surely try to hold me to it. :rofl:

caroline likes this.
  16. Saichi

Saichi New Member

You have to test to see if you shouldn't be eating what you shouldn't be eating regardless by eating it all the time, sounds a bit Stockholm syndrome.

17. Cuffy

Cuffy Gold

I doubt I'll gain any weight back, though it might cause a stall and/or some bloating. And I'll be timing consumption over the holidays ;) I'll speak with my new NP about it.

I don't have stomach/GI problems from gluten, but when I eliminated it a few years ago, many health issues improved/were eliminated, such as sleep apnea, snoring, asthma, and some body aches. Then again, any reduction in cereal grains would have created improvements. I'd been eating a crapton of that stuff for years.

I need this data to rule out celiac. That doesn't mean my "bread" choice has to be French toast bagels with the crispy brown sugar topping! Whatever bread thing I choose will need to be free of soy, corn, vegetable oils, sugar ... Maybe I'll buy that Ezekiel stuff, which tastes like tree bark. There's no danger in my going off the deep end with that.

Organic Sprouted Wheat, Filtered Water, Organic Sprouted Barley, Organic Sprouted Millet, Organic Malted Barley, Organic Sprouted Lentils, Organic Sprouted Soybeans, Organic Sprouted Spelt, Fresh Yeast, Organic Wheat Gluten, Sea Salt.

Pictures, or it didn't happen!

I consider my CT to be intro work. What I really need is full immersion, like you're doing. And the others on this site who go outside into their ice tubs in the winter. That is my ultimate goal, but I don't even know how to work up to it.

Phosphene and Duane Baumgartner like this.
  18. Cuffy

Cuffy Gold

Rather. But the only way to verify celiac is to see if eating gluten blunts the villi.

Even though I've chosen to avoid cereal grains, I want to know if I have this autoimmune disease. Having that information will help inform future dietary choices and behaviors, such as whether I ever eat nightshades or eggs again, or what kind of an annoying guest I'll be when invited to a dinner party or when going to a restaurant.

My brother owns a restaurant, and he takes the whole gluten allergy thing seriously. Nothing annoys the kitchen staff more than a guest insisting on a gluten-free version of dinner, only to see the guest nibble at the biscotti garnishing the creme brule dessert. Many restaurants go through a "clean room" procedure when preparing food for guests with food allergies.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2019
  19. I agree with Saichi, just not eating bread sounds like a better plan. Congrats on the weight loss!

Cuffy likes this.
  20. WOW! You need to definitely take your boss up on that offer. You dont know how lucky you are to have your boss suggest that. I asked for a 2 days/week remote and was turned down.

I feel connected offline with my little community here so I ignore my journal too. Its still helpful to give some updates, especially when people are engaged with your story :) keep going!

Cuffy and Phosphene like this.