1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

IF Sleep is so very important, why don't we have a Sleep Rx slot?

Discussion in 'Feedback/Suggestions' started by Joeakim, Sep 1, 2016.

1. Joeakim

Joeakim Learn-Grow-Share!

I have some questions regards to sleep and sleep patterns, so I it would be good idea if we had Sleep Rx thread. We might have one, just not sure.

Question: With added sun light exposure from sunrise gazing to noon to burn (30 min), my sleep period has been shortened with bit of concern.

Typically I get to bed/sleep by 1 AM, and prior to practicing Sphinx first thing in the morning, I usually got up 8 AM'ish. Then it changed to 7:15 - 7:30 AM'ish. With the consistent sunrise gazing and more sunlight exposure during the day, I have been getting up 6 AM'ish. So I am getting 5 hours of sleep. When looked up National Sleep Foundation, an adult needs 7 - 9 hours of sleep. I am not biohacking sleep to see how little I need to function but rather I know I want enough sleep to maximize optimum health. Sometimes I get 9 hours of sleep like yesterday: it was simple delicious and felt awesome.

Any and all feedback information appreciated.

https://sleepfoundation.org/how-sleep-works/how-much-sleep-do-we-really-need

2. Joeakim

@Jack Kruse said to read Quantum sleep which I did, and I have more questions like "why don't we just have a magnetic pillow to induce and assist us with better sleep instead of using the whole magnetic bed cover?

3. Sue-UK

Sue-UK New Member

1 AM would be too late for me. I seem to remember reading that 12-3am is how humans have condensed the hibernation period, and because of when cortisol starts to rise I try to get the max from that window, so it's rare I stay up after 11 (and if I do I don't feel as rested). 10 to 10.30 pm is more usual.

Joeakim likes this.
  4. Joeakim

1 AM is late, I know. But currently I work 4 to midnight shift and in the process of switching to 8 AM to 4 PM. When I am off work, I am getting 7 to 8 hours of sleep, once 9 + hours.

Strange thing is that there is a pattern now: waking up 6 AM'ish regardless of what time I go to sleep. Last night I slept from 10:30PM to 6:15 AM.

I know I am not getting proper autophagy when I sleep from 1AM to 6AM'ish but now with the changes of getting more sun and water, I can not sleep past 6:30AM. It's strange. I am not tired throughout the day except around 10:30PM I start to yawn, mind you I wear UVEX around 8PM or shortly after sunset when in indoors. I tried to nap after getting the afternoon sunlight session but can't sleep, I'll just lay there. I believe JK said we need at least 7 hours of sleep.

5. Sue-UK

Sue-UK New Member

I was waking up at 5.30 to 6 in the longer light cycle, its a bit later now, 7 is the latest. Have you read CT7? Perhaps what is happening is your circadian rhythm for cortisol and BP is improving.

Joeakim likes this.
  6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

You've been told in many blogs.......read them. What did Ubi 24 say? The entire time series? Light and the eye.........is all tied to regeneration all regeneration is tied to sleep efficiency.

Photosynthesis is all about light and how light organizes our tissues from embryo to adult form. Nocturnal mammals and daytime animals have eyes that are different. Since you all now know that the eyes control all growth and metabolism do you realize what it means for modern nutrional and bio-chemical data? Why did Ruben and I have to build the Quantlet to modern humans? It was done to augment the human battery that uses photosynthetic pathways. Today the lighting in virtually all research laboratories is still the responsibility of the janitor and is classified as ordinary building maintenance instead of being part of experimental design. Humans are diurnal and nocturnal and this means their skin and eyes are radically different in how they interact with light and induce sleep. This is why the research in nutrition, sleep, and biochemistry is worthless, in my opinion. When you add in the fact that they usually study mice and rats who are nocturnal they completely miss all the good data because humans have photopic eyes and skin. Why? Your human photopic eyes mean your biology is not designed around scotopic eating of food or light. Simple quantum rule says Mother Nature's mitochondrial design. Mice and rats retina’s are scotopic FYI. https://www.chronobiology.com/study-finds-vision-light-key-players-sleep-wake-cycles/

7. cantweight

cantweight Gold

Did you watch the sleep webinar?? No idea when it was...October 2013 maybe?

8. Joeakim

@Jack Kruse, I have been reading (your blogs, comments and recommendations), listening (podcasts) and seeing (videos). I started now and work backward to understand more, deeper. It's not easy. Curious dude like me have more questions than answers when I read, listen, and see of your work, so it slows down the progress bc it makes me stop and ponder. Does this information match my experience, perception or nature?

But this quote: "Light and the eye.........is all tied to regeneration all regeneration is tied to sleep efficiency." has lots of meat to it. Yeah!