1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

If I wake up before sunrise, when should I eat?

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by Sjeking, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Sjeking

Sjeking New Member

i wake up at 430-5am for work, should I still be eating within 30 minutes?

Also, if I’m full in the morning, should I still eat?

taiyang likes this.
  2. Billybats

Billybats New Member

3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

You eat when the sun is out.......how hard is this to get for the 100th time?

Antonis and Sajid Mahmood like this.
  4. kris90

kris90 New Member

Wake up, get sunrise, then you can pretty much eat anytime. It's about using morning light to set the circadian clocks for the day.

If you get up before sunrise, try a cold shower or face dunks to wake up. Then still get morning sun as soon as its out, and at that point, Mother Nature's kitchen opens. It closes by sunset.

Phosphene, Antonis and Krysten Voss like this.
  5. Antonis

Antonis Silver

Good. I believe most people get confused about this cuz they wake up before sunrise and they eat within 30 minutes which is still before sunrise and then they go to see the sunrise.

Phosphene likes this.
  6. kris90

kris90 New Member

Yes. Need AM sun to turn on the pituitary gland first, then you can eat before UV shows up.

Phosphene, Jan Christer and Antonis like this.
  7. Antonis

Antonis Silver

Yes but if you are leptin resistant, don't you need to eat within 30minutes after waking up? Sometimes you need to drive to watch sunset, means you have to wake up earlier. Normally I would wake up before sunrise and eat and then go to watch sunrise.

8. kris90

kris90 New Member

No, you should watch sunrise first before eating. The reason is tied to the transition between pineal gland melatonin release, and pituitary gland diurnal hormone release (i.e. cortisol). Melatonin makes you insulin resistant. That's a good thing for keeping you a fat burner while you sleep, but a bad thing for eating food (hence why eating outside of light cycles is a bad idea and why there's huge spikes in diabetes and metabolic syndrome today).

You need to see AM light before you add food to your body, because you want to turn off melatonin release in the pineal gland. Remember, the eye clock must always run FASTER than the peripheral (gut) clocks. That means the light frequencies that hit your eye has to be a stronger stimulus than the light frequencies that hit your gut. When you eat in darkness, you just sped up your gut clock relative to your eye clock (no different than eating carbs in the dead of winter). That creates chaos in your body.

The eye needs to tell the gut its morning, and then food electrons can be delivered accordingly. This is why your breakfast should fall between initial sunrise and when UV shows up. Once UV shows up, you are designed to feed off electrons from the earth to capture those light frequencies, and use the 42% IR light in the sun to drive the ATPase to make all the ATP you require without food electrons.

9. Antonis

Antonis Silver

Thanks for that, sometimes people need more information.

Phosphene and kris90 like this.
  10. Jan Christer

Jan Christer New Member

Thank you for explaining this, that's important to understand.

Phosphene and kris90 like this.
  11. Jan Christer

Jan Christer New Member

And by the way, you don't happen to have a blog or website?

12. kris90

kris90 New Member

PM'd

13. taiyang

taiyang New Member

so in the winter when i wake up at 5:30 am for work and the sun doesn't rise until 7 15 am, nothing in my stomach except for water for about 2 hours- is this correct?

"You need to see AM light before you add food to your body, because you want to turn off melatonin release in the pineal gland."
    when I turn on the light when I wake up, don't I already shut off melatonin production?

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
  14. kris90

kris90 New Member

Yes. Winter is all about fasting, because the light cycle is low. Eat when the sun is out. That's when Mother Nature's kitchen opens.

Phosphene, Inger and Antonis like this.
  15. taiyang

taiyang New Member

could you address my point about melatonin being shut off by artificial light. isn't that enough to turn off melatonin release in the pineal gland?

16. drezy

drezy Gold

You need to spend time with this:
    qt1webinar.png

Phosphene and Lahelada like this.
  17. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

You need a more differentiated view of light to understand it. What colours are in your artificial light,what colours do you need in what proportions. In short artificial light does not have the colours you need in the right proportions. Vermont 2017 is excellent to understand more.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
  18. kris90

kris90 New Member

It has to do with color temperature. Sunrise = 1600K, technology = 5750K

Also, you need balance red and blue to properly turn on the pituitary gland. Vermont 2017 video explains it all.

Phosphene likes this.
  19. taiyang

taiyang New Member

"Also, you need balance red and blue to properly turn on the pituitary gland. Vermont 2017 video explains it all."
    so from what i understand, artificial light can turn off melatonin production, the the key here is natural light to turn on the pituitary gland.

20. kris90

kris90 New Member

Yes. But it is a matter of turning off pineal gland (melatonin) and on pituitary gland PROPERLY. The eye clock needs AM sunlight, and PM darkness to function properly. Fake lights can never replace the sun.