1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

iceman. IR and FBG. Dr K nugget in the comments

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by CoolingWeb, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

PEPCK is one reason........the main reason will get revealed in this AM's Webinar on CT.

2. sd13

sd13 New Member

Have been ct-ing for 9.5 weeks--for the past week FBG has been in the 90's--down from 102-117 range. Definitely going in the right direction. Can't wait to get to the 80's!

3. Destiny

Destiny New Member

Mine was 80 for the first time two days ago. This morning, it was 96. Not sure why it is jumping around like this.

4. CoolingWeb

CoolingWeb New Member

Hello Dr. K

Thank you for weighing in on this thread.

You did express previously that metformin is good for the pathway. However, I am not sure how to incorporate it at this point.

I took it for less than 2 weeks when I discovered the situation. (BG 366 A1C 6.0 and Trigs 690) fixed my diet and got BG under control right away (In 10 days no more BG over 140. A1C went back to 5.5 Trigs 129) I think I caught the situation early. Mid Nov 2011.

Metformin gave me hypo signs after exercise. I was taking 800mg after meals. They went away when I stopped it so I never took it again.

Do you mean, if we take it now it will help us get the liver LS? Then we can stop taking it?

Or, it should be taken as part of diet and supplements the same way curcumin and cacao are and will remain?

This is what I can not figure out from all the stuff II researched. Is it a liver healer? Or a liver assistant?

I know if I take a pill before sleep I will have a FBG below 90s. But does it count?

I would love to get my liver healthy again. If I can figure out how. :)

Yours,

Cooling

5. Guest

Guest Guest

I thought there were warnings on taking Metforim if you have a liver problem or liver disease?

No matter what, I am staying clear of it.

6. Birdy

Birdy New Member

Dr. K, what do you think of some safe-starch folks who say that an hba1c of 5.4 is OK. I think Dr. Harris mentioned that he was at that level and also other non-diabetics who were thin.

7. maggie

maggie New Member

Birdy, I'm really glad you asked--I've been curious about this for a long time. I think Harris said it was even higher--I remember 5.6 or 5.7, and he blew it off as not important. But there was an important study (I'm thinking EPIC NORFOLK, but can't remember exactly) that showed deaths from heart disease increasing in a linear fashion starting at an A1C of 5.

I also never understood why high FBGs on a high fat paleo diet are OK (according to the Paleo MDs). Dr. Bernstein says it's important to stay at normal levels at all times and suggests insulin pretty quick after a trial period if low carb doesn't do it.

I REALLY want to get my A1C below 5.

8. maggie

maggie New Member

Just had some more proof of CT working for blood sugar. I've had a water abatement company working in my house for a week due to a long standing leak from some old pipes that I discovered last week. On Friday they asked me to turn on the heat in the house for the weekend because things were just not drying out fast enough (been keeping things pretty cold here!). Anyway on waking this morning my FBG was 97, even though I CT'd before bed last night, and an hour later, when I started to eat breakfast, it was 118. In the past few weeks, even if I got an FBG in the 90's it would go down into the 80's by itself, whether I ate or not. This is just like the bad old days.

I'm going to be spending a lot of time in that tub today, but in a way it's very motivating to get this proof.

9. CoolingWeb

CoolingWeb New Member

Hi Maggie,

Yes. I think so too.

Now, the proof would be to CT long enough to reverse the LR and IR across all systems. (Brain, muscle and liver)

Wonder how long this should take? This is the 64 million dollars question.

Will see soon enough I hope. We have only been doing this for few weeks. Sigh.

Cooling

10. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

HB A!C is a test that is not worth using if you do not have DM. Harris does not and moreover that test can be very innaccurate in some cases.......especially in those with B12 issues. Harris never puts things in context just absolutes because he thinks the diet is the be all end all. For people with illness there are things we need to adjust for as we use the diet........that is where he I collide. I treat the sick and he treats films.......big difference.

11. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Maggie you need to add this quote to the CT protocol blog or CT 10 comments........this coincidental finding could help millions of diabetics and it does not surprise me one bit.

12. maggie

maggie New Member

avec plaisir.

13. maggie

maggie New Member

Hi cooling. Really enjoying your posts and questions.

I think I'm willing for it to take as long as it takes, aren't you? I'm very confident it's going to work, and there are continuous benefits along the way. This reminds me of what I heard a yoga teacher say once: that even if you need yoga blocks and straps to help you achieve a position, you're still getting the maximum benefit from the pose that you can get. So that's how I see CT: no matter how wimpy is my practice, as long as I do it consistently for the longest duration and lowest temp that I can handle I'm getting the max benefit available and not hurting myself.

Besides, it feels good.

14. Destiny

Destiny New Member

I just gave a shot of B12 to myself just in case since I have it handy. My husband has to take it monthly so now he will have to share with me :)!

I'll have to order the rest of the supplements.

15. CoolingWeb

CoolingWeb New Member

Yes, I am in it for as long as it takes. I have no other choice. This is the only place on the net that talks of a cure.

I am researching the science laid out by Dr.K and others as best as I could. I am keeping in mind that we are on the verge of a great medical paradigm shift and we are lucky enough to be smack in the center of it.

The journey to health is a wild ride and I am enjoying it. Maybe it is good thing we don't get to flip to the last page and read how it will end. We get to go through our health book page by page as time goes by.

I would like to hear Dr. K thoughts on my previous questions and wonders but I am not in a rush. He ll get to it eventually. He is the man with the playbook.

Funny thing happened lately, my LGN has become LTGN.

Now that I am swimming and getting lots of sun exposure I look too good naked now .. :p LOL

Cooling

16. maggie

maggie New Member

I agree, it's a paradigm shift we're experiencing, and now I finally have some real hope.

BTW, what is LGN and LTGN? I want to be happy for you but I don't know what it means!

17. Hahaha Me too!

18. primat

primat Silver

Looking (Too) Good Naked :)

19. CoolingWeb

CoolingWeb New Member

Thank you primat.

I think I learned it from a Mark Daily Apple article few months ago. LGN is a goal for many people. Me included of course.

But I am with Dr. K view on this. A crossfiter may LGN but he/she is literally using up his/her body.

We are trying to get things nice and pretty on the inside in this thread.

Now, I catch my self, when looking at a pretty woman, wondering : Hmm, how much her liver is LS? lol Or, thinking: Hmm, I bet she can slim that derriere if there is no insulin in her blood when she goes go sleep tonight. You know. sexy stuff. :D

Sigh.

:)

Cooling

20. primat

primat Silver

"That's some well placed LPL!"