1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

iceman. IR and FBG. Dr K nugget in the comments

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by CoolingWeb, Mar 19, 2012.

1. wow Cooling......you bring out the best stuff from the Doc!! Thanks. I am doing everything you have listed in the post above including a strict elimination of alcohol. I gots heal my leaky gut and liver. My FBG yesterday was 131, my Doctor agrees that can't be good.

update........3 major ct sessions and no side effects!! They went really well, the ice never bothered me at all and then when I went to bed I could feel a mild shivering as I fell asleep. I have upped my fats considerably and had tons of blood drawn Friday. Bought my compression clothing on sale today, long sleeve shirt and long pants @25% off!! Ready for my first CT in the tub when the time comes! I am completing my second week and ready to head into week three with a whole new outlook and state of mind. I have lost 5 pounds and 3 inches in my waist alone. The inflamation/puffyness is gone, I am sleeping really well and the cravings I use to have whenever I quit drinking before are non existent. This is all so AMAZING!

Hope you are well and having a great weekend!

Bags

2. CoolingWeb

CoolingWeb New Member

Liver Rx has a version number increase. Ver 0.2 is out.

I am editing the same post over and over to reduce clutter.

:)

Cooling

3. Hi Guys - really nice thread here. Thx @ Cooling for the great summary!!! very helpful.

I started LowCarb about 3 years ago and for a long time had high FBG in the morning at 100-105 - I had no clue whatso - then startet research ... dawn pheno and such ... the more I read, the more I saw how off my metabolism was - YIEKS!! --now doing 3 weeks of CT sarting slowly with facedunks and then schowers. This morning had a major Toxdump through my sinuses (really black junk!!!) I could not believe it! but had read similar thing either on MDA or on Kruseblog ...my fasting BG is now down to 80tisch sometimes even 70tisch ---Yayyy! - physiology works is the good message. The bad message - there are a lot of folks out there who have no clue.

----I LOOOOOVVVEEEE THIS FORUM & THE FOLKS HERE ----GENUINE AND BRILLIANT-----

4. That is super cool!! My FBG just came down after going to the immersions, from the 130's to 105! but I skipped CT last night and it is back up but only to 114. You are absolutely right about the metabolism being really messed up, I figure it didn't get that way overnight so it won't be fixed over night. It is really good to know that I can fix it though!!

5. Fabulous!! Looking forward to it

6. CoolingWeb

CoolingWeb New Member

Walking. Sigh

http://blog.sethroberts.net/2010/07/18/fasting-blood-sugar-reduced-by-walking/

I know it works. The cell will open and drink glucose up from the blood using GLUT4 action not insulin. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwE1osnb5qc[/video]][video=youtube_share;hwE1osnb5qc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwE1osnb5qc[/video]

But, what effect does it have on IR long term?

I know the movement has a positive effect in Alzheimer patients brain function and health. Do we have similar effect here?

What are your daily walking and movement patterns?

Cooling

7. KiwiLauren

KiwiLauren Gold

Just my take/experience, but walking (not running, not power-walking) is generally good on multiple levels: you get fresh air, you move your body (good for lymphatic activation), you learn to be 'in' your body (as opposed to in your head), you're exposed to sunlight/varying temperatures, and you're potentially breathing better. Walking is good for my mental health (plus my dog's!). I don't try to reach a certain time limit and I'm not measuring glucose levels before and after, so I have no idea about the IR effects. But for daily outdoor exposure alone, I love it.

Re: Version 2.0, since Dr K points out that the liver is part of the gut, I'd think the leaky gut protocol needs to be married to the Leptin Liver Rx (so no dairy, no nightshades, probiotics - either food or supps - and perhaps some of the other ideas mentioned in the Leaky Gut Rx?).

Thanks for the heads-up re: boiling the tumeric! Great stuff. And thanks for your coordination of all this.

One question... do we have a list of how we will know that we are no longer LR at the liver?

8. CoolingWeb

CoolingWeb New Member

Sure thing. Thank you for your participation and help too.

No. We don't. Good question though.

What are the signs of a Lipten sensitivity without lab testing? and what lab tests are needed?

Cooling

9. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

when FBG is consistently below 88 you have pristine leptin control of PEPCK this is precisely how i determined I was leptin resistant at liver level prior to my hack

10. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

interesting tidbit...

11. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

i have a few......this one wa sin the book......unless it got cut

12. CoolingWeb

CoolingWeb New Member

Thank You Dr. K. 88 is the new magic number to aim for then.

What are your views on metformin in our case?

Or just give the detox we are doing the time needed to get us there?

Cooling

13. TerrierMom

TerrierMom Gold

Wait, did I read correctly, if your liver is LR (as evidenced by FBG >88) then it follows you have leaky gut? So no nightshades?

Just askin cuz that would be me and I'd have to cut out the chili powder and nightshade spices on my home-smoked meats..... But if I gotta, I totally will!

What an amazing thread.....

14. CoolingWeb

CoolingWeb New Member

No.

Liver LR as in FBG > 88 = Leptin needs to control PEPCK in liver.

Helping Liver regain Leptin Sensitivity requires optimizing liver health. One of the requirements is to fix a leaky gut if you have it.

Fixing a leaky gut entails many things depending on the severity of things. Hence, night shades and chili peppers removal may help. Some remove dairy. Some add fermented foods. and so on ..... Check leaky gut Rx.

Anyway, we are reporting our own experiments and results here. Please let us know how your roll.

Cooling

15. Guest

Guest Guest

Wow, Cooling. I am doing everything you mentioned, but there are a few things I had no clue of, like never boiling ginger (I use the whole root)? and boiling turmeric along with some black pepper--oh, and no nightshades or dairy. Never allopathic medicine and thank God for Hahnemann who coined the word allopahy that conventional physicians like to reject.. I am, definitely, focusing on healing my liver. I don't expect it to go easy for me since it is in such bad shape, but feel and see a difference already, especially with absent ankle swelling and . I am thinking my body really responds to Dr. Kruse's methods.

Some of these posts are so inspiring that they help keep me focused and strong, even in the midst of such deeply rooted chaos.

Thanks to everyone.

16. Destiny

Destiny New Member

My liver ALT is high. It was not in the past. I am not sure what I did to aggravate this.

17. WOW! I guess I have a long way to go. At least I didn't see any 130's this past week! Got my labs back yesterday, my A1c was 5.7. I would have thought it would have been better than that. Additionlly I usually spot check my afternoon numbers every once in a while and this past week I had a day where my levels were in the upper 120's all day and didn't come down till I ate a few raisins and walnuts then within 30 minutes I was at 90. I have added a half cup of berries to BAB so to get my BG to come down right after BAB.

Last year I had an Endo doc tell me I had a rare form of diabetes and that I don't have basal insulin and it takes food to call on the regular insulin to take control. There is such a rare form out there, but I haven't wanted to accept that as true.

Dr Kruse I would like to know the answers to Cooling's questions as well. I have been adamant about not taking metformin, but if you feel this would help us, I will. Otherwise I guess I need to find some patience.

Thanks Doc for all you do!

Bags

18. agatha

agatha New Member

This is a very interesting thread - I can't wait to see what happens for you Baglady. I have been doing leptin Reset and moderate CT for 7 weeks now and my FG has come down from consistently mid nineties to consistently in 80s. This morning it was 84. Hooray!

19. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I like metformin. It actually is a partial Ancient Pathway activator and works like the sirtuins

20. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

toxin dump, bad phase two detox.....bad sulfur metabolism or bad gluconaration would be my guess......and a low Molybendenum level or low glutathione level and low B12 level would be a tip off.