1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

iceman. IR and FBG. Dr K nugget in the comments

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by CoolingWeb, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Thanks Caroline. The health stuff I've got. I'm still working on learning how to parent them. Each day I strive to do better than yesterday with them. Some days I succed & others I fail. I guess that's parenting. If what they are learning transitions through their formative years into adulthood ill call it a win

2. caroline

caroline Moderator

Kids are such a gift ...... just enjoy... My grandsons think I am great because I will play in the ocean with them. Kids love simple...... and they love laughing...

3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Modern life is also disconnecting us from being human. The quality of our lives is 100% determined by the quality of our real life relationships. Today there may be a generation that is losing the art of truly communicating and socializing as we know it. They may be aces on technology but put them in a room of people and they stick to the walls. They just want a transaction NOT a relationship. I love dealing with humans live. There is nothing like interacting with person to help them change some aspect of their life. I find that talking to people authentically, with courage, and understanding helps challenge their complacency and my own......Go to lunch with someone who you want to know better from on line......make a real connection and shoot for a relationship not the modern social transaction of "followship". Become a real time leader and influence the people around you, you love.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2014
    Dean6789 and Jim Laird like this.
  4. That is why we homeschool. A family relationship may be the most challenging we'll ever experience. Through living and learning together, my children have the opportunity to have real relationships with all sorts of different kinds (and ages) of people. Learning through living provides them with the ability to understand what real life is right from the beginning, rather than being in school where they supposedly learn about and prepare for "real life." I've been mostly a reader in the forum since last January, but one thing I noticed pretty prominently, Gretchen, is your use of the words chaos and havoc to describe your children. Our words help to define ourselves and our relationships. While parenting can be a tremendous challenge much of the time, especially when children are little, I've found that it's really helpful to be mindful of the words I use to describe myself, my parenting, my children, and events that occur. My oldest daughter has a lot of anxiety. I'm sure her cortisol is elevated, thanks to a very stressful pregnancy. But if I said constantly that my daughter was a drama queen or moody, and even included that in my handles, like "Mama to Drama," or something like that, all I would be doing is repeating it over and over and over until it was so enmeshed in my consciousness that I would be unlikely to see her beauty, or grace, or wit, or smarts. I'd just be seeing her drama and letting that define who she is, and letting that contribute to our challenges.

In all my years of homeschooling, I think the most important thing I've learned, and continue to learn, is how important it is to be mindful when choosing our words. Whether it's something as simple as "She *always* does this," I've learned to ask myself, does she ALWAYS do that, or does she do that on occasion... or "I *have* to do this," Well, do I HAVE to, or is it a choice. If it's a choice, then let's put that choice into perspective. Are your children always chaos and havoc? I bet not, considering how amazing their mama is.

5. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Chrysanthemama

I use Chaos and Havoc instead of their real names, to protect them when I discuss them on the internet. I do appreciate your point about words giving meaning and defining relationships, please know these "names" are not how dh or myself see them - they are just a way I can refer to them while on line. One things for sure neither child will ever let me or anyone else for that matter define them.

6. Of course I understand the privacy issue. I also found your term to be clever, as most any parent can understand that to the nth degree!

7. caroline

caroline Moderator

I love these thoughts ....makes me want to think about how I can apply them to other areas of my life that are dragging me down. You are an extremely insightful and thoughtful woman .....

8. ashryn

ashryn New Member

I love the imagery i get when you refer to chaos and havoc.. But I suppose i am a bit odd in that I don't have negative connotations for either word. I can imagine a whirling dervish, and a person who it is always exciting to be around, because nothing is predictable. Yes, I can see how having a small havoc and a small chaos under your roof might cause some extra work, but it would be worth it just for the ever changing, exciting days! It never occurred to me that calling them that was reinforcing something negative, but recognising and celebrating their natures.

9. suzgaray

suzgaray New Member

I have to agree with Dr. Kruse :). I have been experimenting with CT even though my BG before I do the CT is high (175mmol/L) after just 20 minutes in the 58 degree pool dip (yes I AM shivering!!) I wait till I warm up again about 15 minutes and retest and my BG drops to 145!!! thats without exercise :). I am not sure when to take the bitter melon?? before or afterwards?

Kristi Lambert likes this.
  10. caroline

caroline Moderator

Before ....and are you drinking ice water before you get into your pool?

11. suzgaray

suzgaray New Member

Yep :) about 1.5L cold spring water-grin. Again, I tested my BG hour later it continues to drop! So far, its 129! Have not eaten dinner so that will break it and bring it back up to about 140mg or so :-( BUT, the experiment is working and I need to see what tmw's morning fasting numbers will look like :). I have noticed about 30-40mmol difference in the morning when I do CT the evening before. I just got my freeze vest so will start to use that more around inside the house more frequently 4-5x a week. Right now I am doing the CT in the pool 2-3x a week. Just not sure when to take the bitter melon supplement?? I think Dr. Kruse says he took it before he began CT?? So I will start to do that thanks!

12. caroline

caroline Moderator

yes - take it before Suze......

You are in forward motion ..... you are pulling all this together .....don't forget - it isn't linear ....stay positive and live the life you deserve...:

13. ktngrandma

ktngrandma New Member

>"I've found Cryo-Sauna therapyfar better than just a cold tub of water."

I'm interested in Dr. Kruse's opinion on whether cryosauna can be just as effective as the tub of ice water method. I'm just not sure if I can handle cold water soaks and a dry cold might be more tolerable and for less time. But is it as effective?? Wondering if Dr. Kruse or anyone else might know or have seen any research on this.

I also suffer from Raynaud's syndrome and just a regular jaunt out into moderate 40 degree air causes some of my fingers to turn white and painful, so a little scared to try any cold thermogensis, but am excited at all the benefits and progress people are making with it. Opinions on this Dr. Kruse or anyone else with knowledge or experience with CT & Raynauds?

This is a GREAT forum. Thank you for it and all your contributions and experiences.

Laurie : > )

14. caroline

caroline Moderator

Welcome Laurie! Please start a journal in the journal section. It will give Dr. Kruse [and all of us] a chance to know you a little bit and answer your questions if he can.

A journal really ups the commitment level and it is great to follow your progress - just transfer your above post to a journal and that would be great.

There are others here with your condition and they can help answer your questions.

Go to the top of this page and click on forums and then go down 5 categories until you get to the journals - and start a new thread. I will watch out for you....

Have you seen the easy start guides on the home page? They are a great help!

Look thru the blog index for posts that relate to your condition - that is the best place to start.

Dr. K.'s podcasts are a good place to start for fast info.

15. Valerie

Valerie Gold

After CTing for 3 months my serum fasting blood sugar went from 96 to 80!

16. caroline

caroline Moderator

Thanks for sharing .... good job!

17. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

when you are below 80 that is great.......now try to get your HbA1C below 4. That is really hard.

Jim Laird and Kristi Lambert like this.
  18. dantothep

dantothep Follow life's little clues...

Am I correct in assuming that FBG is a only a good metric for someone with T2D?