1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

iceman. IR and FBG. Dr K nugget in the comments

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by CoolingWeb, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Took yesterday off. Got up looking into the sun & an am oxytocin session by the time I took a shower etc. it was about an hr later. FBG was 91. Not bad not great but its lower than normal

CT water is 45 deg. Ambient air is 50 deg w/a few point of 23 & 35% humidity. So there's more moisture in the air which makes it feel colder than it is.

2. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

FBG is staying in the mid 80s (except on the crazy days where I don't test immediately upon waking...

CT last night was 33 mins in 46deg water w/48deg ambient air temp....

I'm getting to the point where I can't stand heat of any kind... ughhh give me cold... please

3. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Dali 

you made a comment earlier in this thread about High FBG and your thyroid medication not being dialed in. 

I found this gem of an article - looking at the link btwn thyroid issues and diabetes http://spectrum.diabetesjournals.org/content/15/3/140.full

4. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

yet one more http://spectrum.diabetesjournals.org/content/19/3/148.full

5. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

So I'm in the stock tank and I've finally got my arms in & it's so much colder. Guess I need to push tge CT harder for my upper body above & beyond the girls. Gotta keep my hair dryas its all done up for the office Xmas party @ the Ritz tonight.

Water temp is 41 deg. Ambient air temp is 52. Wearing compression gear.

6. Thor

Thor Banned

above and beyond the girls.    my eyes /wp-includes/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif    scar'ed for life.  Well trust me getting beyond the boys isn't easy either.

I've found Cryo-Sauna therapyfar better than just a cold tub of water.   In just two session of Cryo-sauna I lost 6 lbs.  Not for the faint of heart - you get naked into a box that's minus 300 degrees F !   Chilly stuff    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EygvhEOtGvA[/video]][video=youtube_share;EygvhEOtGvA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EygvhEOtGvA[/video]

7. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Gretchen, when I'm balking at getting my upper back and such into the cold water, I just use a washcloth and get my face cold & wet a few times.  It seems to calm my inhibitions.

8. Theta

Theta New Member

How much did a session cost?

9. Thor

Thor Banned

Depends where you are in the Country - seems like the going rate is $60 a session.  Only 2 minutes is the same as 2 hours in cold water.  woohoo

I'm close to the only unit in the entire NW area - they had a special for the first 2 session was only $40. 

Here's a website to see if there's a Cryo-sauna near you:  http://lifeofmillennium.com/mii-usa.php

It's a wild ride - I've never been so freakin' cold in my life but it was fun at the same time. 

10. Dali Dula

Dali Dula Moderator

Thanks for posting these articles. I am still trying to get my mix right. It is difficult because it takes so long for change to stabilize and symptoms to come and go. I wish i could do a thyroid panel every 2 weeks or so instead of every three months. It is interesting according to the article that correcting  T levels with meds can actually result in higher BG. I may be experiencing that now. Mental function has improved with addition of liothyronine.

11. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

YEah... I saw that as well.... I'm trying to figure out how it plays w/me...b/c we've only started working on the thyroid in the past 8mths... we've been slowly increasing doses ...but I'm still having issues... I know I still need more meds... I'm guessing that it btwn PCOS and the untreated thyroid my FBG is crazy... though CT will bring it down... I'm working really hard to get it in every day...though somedays it gets overcome by competing demands 

12. Dali Dula

Dali Dula Moderator

Wrangling BG is a challenge. So many variables for those of us with disregulation.

13. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Dali 

if it wasn't for your comment... I wouldn't have gone down the rabbit hole of looking for a causal relationship btwn unregulated thyroid and FBG.   your N=1 observations was amazingly brilliant. 

I wonder how many ppl here might have similar issues but haven't figured out there's a relationship!

14. Destiny

Destiny New Member

Wow, I appreciate Dali's posted link as well.

I have the glucose, thyroid and lipid profile problem. While my glucose is going down, I need to increase T3 for my thyroid.That should also fix my lipid panel.

15. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Last nights CT was 44 deg water in 50 deg ambient air temp for 38 min. I was numb!!! This am's FBG was 85.

16. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

back in the Stock Tank... after some craziness this week of having the flu, working late, and dealing w/unseasonably warm temps earlier in the week.

Water temp last night was 42deg, ambient air temp was 44deg.  Stayed in for almost 35mins!   FBG this am was 86.   CT works to control/lower FBG - when I don't CT FBG runs btwn mid to high 90s....

17. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

FBG this am was 85 - spent 22min in 38 deg water in the stock tank while it was raining and a cool 41 deg out. I also grounded on my way back from the bus stop....

18. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

CT helps slow your electron loss while your new behaviors like Epi-paleo Rx, EPCOTx, Leptin Rx, grounding, avoiding EMF, increasing your personal magnetic field to deliver more electrons per unit time your alive, and this allows you the "time" to recover from your energy deficit to refill your inner mitochondrial membrane with electrons to fuel ATP production to restore health.

This is the CIRCLE OF LIFE.

Danco3636 likes this.
  19. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Looking fwd to CTing tonight... we're supposed to have some sort of snow - though I seriously doubt we'll get anything more than rain.. it was balmy this morning at the bus... I'm sitting at my desk w/my shoes off... I do feel an energy coming through the carpet covered cement... one things for sure - knowing when the building was built - there's no vapor barrier on the ground floor - just a concrete slab

20. caroline

caroline Moderator

Gretch - You are doing so many amazing things to help yourself ....I can't wait to see you a year from now....You are in the fight of your life and obviously you are winning....
    You are setting such a great example for your little people ...they must be so proud of you