1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Ice Pack locations, etc.

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by HeyDianne, Mar 15, 2012.

1. HeyDianne

HeyDianne New Member

IF you have an Ice pack available to you during the day (say at work), where would be the best places on your body to apply for maximum impact? Of course this is being done in addition to working the CT protocol...

2. Clabbergirl

Clabbergirl New Member

In the places you want to lose the most fat.

3. HeyDianne

HeyDianne New Member

I have been doing mostly stomach at work (thighs at home as it is really awkward) but didn't know if the back of the shoulder area would be good. Just drawing on something that I read years ago that I believe said that most BAT is located in that area. Any thoughts about that?

4. Clabbergirl

Clabbergirl New Member

Several people on the MDA forums have spot-iced on the upper back area between the shoulder blades because of BAT. I've done it also simply because it was easy to place a pack there when laying down, etc. Even if it doesn't help brown fat, it's still cooling surface area temps. I see it as a win-win.

5. HeyDianne

HeyDianne New Member

Thanks Clabbergirl!

6. I started by putting an ice pack on my belly for several hours and in my first 6 days lost 2" from just my belly! I use one on my back when I am getting ready to take my CB. It makes it so much easier to lie down in that very cool water when my back is already cold. LOL!!

7. WannaBeOptimal

WannaBeOptimal New Member

8. Dan in Utah

Dan in Utah New Member

In another thread Dr. Kruse said, "The easiest way to activate new BAT from WAT is to activate your old or present day BAT using COLD."

Here's a link to interesting study on BAT in adults, with accompanying scans showing the most common BAT area. Based on this, I'm going to start icing my neck and upper torso for awhile. http://ajpendo.physiology.org/content/293/2/E444.long

Of course, we should focus on CT protocol in general, but for spot icing, this might be a good bet...especially if you've got a fat neck I guess. :)