1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Ice pack behind the neck

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by Billybats, Aug 5, 2017.

1. Billybats

Billybats New Member

Hi all,

This may a realllllly dumb question. Every time I get migraines I put an ice pack behind my head ( neck and shoulder area) which I did today for a slight headache before turning into a migraine. When I do this I fall asleep with it on for over an hour. Questions: is this ok to do (meaning sleeping with the ice and can this be an effective way of CT. If it is should this lead me to tolerate let say bath dunks, etc..

Thank you

Bonnie likes this.
  2. Bonnie

Bonnie Gold

I fall asleep every night with an ice pack. I have a cooler beside the bed. If I wake up in the night, I have a fresh cold one. It puts me right back to sleep. I've never slept better

seanb4 likes this.
  3. WalterNL

WalterNL New Member

If you get no adverse effects it's fine. The body is supposed to cool down to sleep. I sleep much better if I do a cold tub near bedtime.

Regarding migraines; I had a few of them each year before implementing the protocols, usually an aura with headache after. The last one I got was more than 1.5 year ago so it's possible to get rid of them. I still live around more nnEMF than I'd like, but I do always follow natural circadian rhythm, block/eliminate artificial blue light and drink spring water. Other hacks that seem to work regardless of what else I do are nicotine, aspirine, MB, kefir and curcumin/ginger. Other foods/supplements have not made much of a difference for me. Migraines usually started while I was doing computer work, and coffee seemed to be a trigger in some cases. So my point is keep at it and hopefully you'll find what works for you.

4. Billybats

Billybats New Member

Thank guys and gals.

Thank God I didn't have a migraine yet ( they are getting better). So putting ice like I did this would be a CT protocol? This was my main concern. If it is I can do it every night with complete comfort. Also doing it this way would help me adjust to go further to tolerate full body immersion?