1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Ice/Cold post exercise - Blunts Adaptations

Discussion in 'Optimal Fitness' started by Barry, Apr 4, 2012.

1. SimonM

SimonM New Member

(emphasis added)

- American leader in the 5,000 (15:08), Julia Lucas, talking about how she went back to her roots at North Carolina State after a downturn in her running career. In a year she went from "running slower than I did as 19-year-old" to being a possible contender for the US Olympic team. http://news.runnersworld.com

2. Barry

Barry New Member

Simon,

the definition of "observational" ! miles, weights, "icing", eating right, sleeping... lots of contributing factors there,, the infamous "correlation is not causation" springs to mind.

also, what constitutes "icing" for her ?? frequency, time, temperature etc ??

good to have you back ;-)

3. Barry

Barry New Member

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Just like to Tell you guys one of my elite level athletes, Kevin Lazas just won the SEC decathalon this weekend using CT as a training tool. He is a freshman at University of Arkansas and he is on the Olympic path.

Danco3636 likes this.
  5. Barry

Barry New Member

Is he keto adapted too ?

Does he CT immediately after every training session ?

6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

he is not fully keto adapted but is working to it......and even then he is a freshman that won his event. In fact Arkansas went 1-2-3 in this SEC event. Not bad for just beginning huh?

Danco3636 likes this.
  7. earlyriser

earlyriser New Member

This was a great thread. It would be great if the main contributors have anything more to add.

Danco3636 likes this.
  8. Danco3636

Danco3636 Silver

Revising this in case new observations and discovery’s have been made.

shah78 likes this.
  9. shah78

shah78 Gold

7 1/2 years ago.wow. brings back all the pre "quantum brady"memories of 35 years of both cfs and fibro. my 2019 answer. enjoy activity and enjoy CT. but there is absolutely no reason
    in hell to do any activity so extremely you think you need ct to fix it. ct will not fix mental illness.if it helps you sleep better or have better erections, fine. if it helps you abuse your body more for some moronic, ego/money pursuit, then avoid the extreme , moronic pursuit. health is too ephemoral /important to waste. gronkowski needs to remain retired. i would love him to come back and play next year..But that makes me a sadisttc moron! I will reform! thanks for this post.it has shown how my last three years have reorchestrated my thinking...I got a second chance.But how many do,?Haven't seen many over these last7 1/2years.Has anyone? i've been looking! :)

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
    Bob Stirling and YuriyDorogoy like this.