1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

IBS,multiple food sensitivities suggestions?

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by Marilynn Stebbins, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Marilynn Stebbins

Marilynn Stebbins New Member

I do naked sunrise watching and doing CT, open water swimming and in tub and am able to digest higher fat which is miraculous, but still have to avoid oxalates, high histamine,[crustaceans, can only eat limited frozen King salmon] lectins, raw veggies need to restrict goitrogen veggies as I have Hashimotos thyroiditus. How long has it taken any of you others w/ IBS, biotoxin illness to heal and even though I am thrilled, that I can now digest high fat diet, I still don't really understand how avoiding digestive enzymes will continue to be avoidable, or that my gut will continue to heal, when I can't digest raw foods. I am concerned about developing more food sensitivities eating the same things daily. I eat grass-fed beef-liver, heart and kidney for breakfast.[can't do eggs]Mostly Vital Choice salmon at lunch and supper. I have a lot of asparagus, bok choy and lacinto kale and CA. avocados, mostly coconut oil and fresh frozen beef tallow, occasionally Mary's duck.

2. Hunger4More

Hunger4More New Member

It took a few months for me, but eventually IBS did go away.

Not sure about your current environment. But make sure you don't have any EMF stealing your redox. Investing in a meter is a wise choice as there are many electronic devices unknowingly spitting out EMFs

caroline and Marilynn Stebbins like this.
  3. Marilynn Stebbins

Thanks for responding. Yes, I don't believe I do, but I have done some testing w/ my cornet but am somewhat confused by the results for testing varied spaces.. Which meter did you invest in?

4. Hunger4More

Hunger4More New Member

Envirosens

5. caroline

caroline Moderator

Have you tried an elimination diet?

Anne V likes this.
  6. JanSz

JanSz Gold

when I can't digest raw foods.
    Low Stomach Acid?????

upload_2021-6-13_7-32-53.png

7. BrunoB

BrunoB New Member

you probably have SIBO, you should look for the possible causes of it, although it is difficult because the pharmaceutical mafia only wants to give you antibiotics and prucalopride.
    A better option would be to have TMF done, but you know that cheapness is against the pharmaceutical mafia.
    I don't eat lectins or dairy obviously.

8. Marilynn Stebbins

9. Marilynn Stebbins

Thanks so much for your response. I have made extra note of it. I have been taking betaine hydrochloride for about 3 years before all my protein sources and switched to Premier brand when I found someone else on this forum using this brand. A nutritionist never made the connection to raw foods for me, but only protein, fo my histamine intolerance especially, so I will consider the recipe above and appreciate the connection, to further research.
    I also discovered Baja gold sea salt , a couple of months ago, before I became a member I think, because of one of your links, so thanks again. I like it, but I haven't been using it exclusively. I use more celtic salt. Maybe I need to cut back on celtic salt.
    Thanks for the link, I really appreciate it. JanSz.

10. Marilynn Stebbins

I have been on an elimination diet, it seems forever. I only seem to have about a dozen foods left to eat.

11. Marilynn Stebbins

Thanks for your response, BrunoB. I am not sure what a TMF is? I thought I had gotten rid of my SIBO symptoms, but maybe I don't understand it fully, but I appreciate the consideration, and I will do more research into that , as it seems I may not understand SIBO.. I am definitely on the same page about antibiotics, etc.
    I don't eat dairy either.
    I will get '23 and me' dna test results in a couple of weeks, maybe that will help along these lines.

12. caroline

caroline Moderator

an elimination diet = beef, water and salt

Anne V likes this.
  13. BrunoB

BrunoB New Member

tmf is gut microbiota transplants. Or stool transplants from a healthy person to a sick person.

14. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I have been taking betaine hydrochloride for about 3 years

I have been taking betaine hydrochloride for about 30 years
    ===============================================================

I have been taking betaine HCL with Pepsin for about 30 years.

Since I learned about it from Charles Poliquin.
    It helped me tremendously.
    Note:
    That (Betaine HCL) is not the same as (Betaine TMG).

Now it looks like Poliquin was wrong in his assumptions and there may be a better way.

I am just trying to figure out how to communicate with @DrEttinger so he would get in tune with my questioning and tried to tailor his answers to my questions rather than making sure that he covers a wide range of outliers (that I do not care about).

Generally, the topic would be:
    how to take care of the stomach so it would keep
    upper sphincter opened when it should be, and closed when it should be
    lower sphincter opened when it should be, and closed when it should be

While discussing this topic many (financial and other) interests may jump on the sides and ("innocently") redirect the discussion.
    A whole PPI industry may lose income, MD's may find that they were thought wrong.
    The PPI story is likely worst than a statin of the Covid19 story.

The suggestions that I got from Dr. Ettinger work superbly.
    But again, I think that they may be discussed and possibly improved.
    I used them initially for muscle cramps, later realized that they actually may normalize stomach acid (or how and when it is delivered).
    I ended up dropping (Betaine HCL) and am still doing fine.
    I tested (potassium RBC) and found it very low (tested after already taking dr E recommended potassium).

So at least for now, it looks to me that at least
    Potassium and Lithium need a closer look over
    possibly other items.

You may want to look over some of the posts on this thread:
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.p...t-a-disease-damn-it.25242/page-13#post-299789

Last edited: Jun 18, 2021
    BrunoB likes this.
  15. Hunger4More

Hunger4More New Member

Fix your circadian rhythm you fix your stomach acid (FYI I learned about Betaine HCL from Poliquin as well... wasted a lot of money on supplements until I fixed CR and redox)

16. 8Phoenix

8Phoenix New Member

you are not adding Fat to de formula

17. caroline

caroline Moderator

rib eye has plenty of fat

Anne V likes this.
  18. JanSz

JanSz Gold

19. BrunoB

BrunoB New Member

Hi, have you had a hypochlorhydria test to know your acid levels?
    I never took potassium pump inhibitors, but I have SIBO and it may be a possible cause of SIBO to have low acid.
    Although there are many possible causes, thank you.

20. JanSz

JanSz Gold

SIBO---->>low stomach acid------>>> chromium, copper, magnesium, manganese, potassium, selenium, vanadium, and zinc
    ----------------------------
    Hypochlorhydria - lack of stomach acid - can cause lots of ...
    [​IMG]https://www.drmyhill.co.uk/wiki/Hypochlorhydria
    acid is required to sterilise the stomach and kill bacteria and yeast that may be ingested and an acid environment is required for the absorption of certain micronutrients, in particular divalent and trivalent cat-ions such as calcium, magnesium, zinc, copper, iron, selenium, boron and so on.
    ----------------------------

Change your thinking if only for a while.
    Get tests at LabCorp, buy two scripts before getting there.
    Buy cheaper items from walkinlabs or mcssl.
    Make sure that you disregard potassium levels from metabolic panel.

https://www.walkinlab.com/homocyst-e-inebloodtest-plasma.html
    Homocysteine Blood Test $69.00
    potassium-rbc-blood-test $139
    https://www.walkinlab.com/products/view/potassium-rbc-blood-test
    Complete Blood Count (CBC) and Comprehensive Metabolic Panel (CMP-14) Blood Test Panel $46.00
    https://www.walkinlab.com/products/view/complete-blood-count-cbc-comprehensive-metabolic-
    Lithium Serum Test $44.00
    https://www.walkinlab.com/products/view/lithium-serum-test
    antidiuretic-hormone-adh-profile
    https://www.walkinlab.com/products/view/antidiuretic-hormone-adh-profile-blood-test
    zinc-rbc-blood-test
    https://www.walkinlab.com/products/view/zinc-rbc-blood-test
    -------------------------
    ======================================
    https://www.mcssl.com/store/bltsystem/catalog/search?keyword=Homocysteine
    Homocysteine, Plasma 706994 - $28.01
    Comp Metabolic 14 Panel $9.65
    ========================================

Last edited: Jun 19, 2021