1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

I think I'm turning into a mitochondriac

Discussion in 'Meet and Greet' started by drezy, Mar 9, 2017.

1. drezy

drezy Gold

Hi all. I've been lurking in these forums and reading and viewing all things Doc Kruse has to say. Yep, with all that reading I think I've gone and finished the whole internet! [*spoilers*]The middle was a little slow but it has a great ending and I'm hoping maybe for a sequel!

Joking aside, I've been lucky enough to just be in "health optimizing mode" after some 40 year old weight gain. I've flowed from a Paleo diet into a more ketogenic diet over the last 10 years and I think that has helped me maintain my health.

Full disclosure: my Christmas into New Years season got a bit boozy and I packed on same unwanted pounds. I reengaged intermittent fasting, which helped, but one thing blew me away. I started walking 5-10 miles a day outside. My extra weight flew off. It didn't make sense to me since it was zero exertion and I was walking at a speed that even grandmas would point and laugh at.

The number of calories I was burning should have been nowhere near the weight loss I was experiencing. I hit the internet and that's why I'm here now. The only factor that changed for me (as a software engineer) was the light. I stumbled across Doc Kruse and this community backwards by digging through the internet with the question "why would light make a difference?"

An Epi-Paleo head explosion ensued!

I'm glad that I did that search. I've now added 3x / week CT , blue blockers, way more shellfish and other changes into my life with more changes pending and I'm feeling great.

Thanks Doc Kruse and all who are in this forum. It's a life changer.

Weight loss pic below(Don't freak at the "BMI" I'm 6'4" with a fit build and ~ 15% bodyfat now):

weightloss.png

2. caroline

caroline Moderator

welcome drezy .....

3. drezy

drezy Gold

Like the energizer bunny, benefit from Jack's advice keeps going... (221 or 100 kg for @caroline)

Thanks Jack! I'm recharging really well and I'm more useful for my family. That's what I'm on this planet for in the first place.

My "oxygen mask" is fully secured and it's time to help others.

weight.PNG

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

"My "oxygen mask" is fully secured and it's time to help others."

This is why I built the forum........starfish are needed for the others to follow.

drezy likes this.
  5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Or when I go dark..........

6. drezy

drezy Gold

7. drezy

drezy Gold

I'll be fine as long as I can get one of these fancy jackets. Be seeing you.

prisoner.jpeg

8. drezy

drezy Gold

I missed your response last night. I was too busy solving problems and experiencing sexual inhibitions.

This condition sounds like it was made up last minute by a psychologist during divorce proceedings.

I'll meet you as long as I can remain untreated.

SatoriHeart likes this.
  9. JanSz

JanSz Gold

One way to pass time during CT.
    upload_2017-5-27_10-17-23.png

drezy likes this.
  10. drezy

drezy Gold

That gal sure made her own choices. Googling before and after pictures of her is heartbreaking.

Lately my 45 minutes in the tub are occupied with a Kruse and Wunsch audio playlist I have. The only side effect is that after these sessions I start springing more Kruse-like rhetorical questions on people that I talk to.

I'm also becoming a highly specialized mammal who can mimmic Wunsch. Not sure if that adaption will ever come in handy, but I'll keep you all updated on that. Maybe I can prank order him some room service he didn't want at a convention someday. It'll be all lolz.

Hey, that Chinese guy needs more time in the cold tub!

caroline likes this.
  11. caroline

caroline Moderator

Thanks Dan .....your journal is very enlightening for so many reasons!

keep going!

12. drezy

drezy Gold

Thanks for the encouragement. I now have to get my CT tub out of my garage and partially into the ground. Then I have to make it look pretty for my wife's sake. Even with a 1/3 vote (1 female to 2 males in the house) her vote still seems to carry extra emphasis.

The odd thing for me is that I've had a few carb binging days this spring. Opposite of what I would expect those days produced the fastest drop in body fat. Lots to learn.

Last edited: May 27, 2017
  13. caroline

caroline Moderator

explain more- I am not clear what you meant above.

Your diet should be changing anyway right? you are in spring - whereas we are moving into winter so I am craving more fat.

14. drezy

drezy Gold

It should be, agreed. Keep in mind I spent the last 10 years (OK last 5 were keto) paleo. I'm just developing new habits and when I let my ( higher dopamine) body make the choices it seems to find the right solution.

It's just that all those hookers and crack dealers that will be expecting me will be disappointed.

Just kidding. Just Kidding Caroline!

caroline likes this.
  15. caroline

caroline Moderator

so you have a former social network who could be in financial crisis???????

16. drezy

drezy Gold

I'm related to people who qualify for that. I moved away from them as fast as I could,

caroline likes this.