1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

I recieved 2 CT scans, Am I cooked?

Discussion in 'The New Monster Thread' started by Arclite, May 2, 2013.

1. Arclite

Arclite New Member

Monday morning I was stabbed twice by a mentally ill meth addict, once in the lower back on the spine, and once on the ribs, about four inches below my armpit. I was able to fend off the attack and subdue him until the police arrived. I was taken to the hospital by ambulance where I was promptly told I would undergo a CT scan to check for internal injuries. At this point the nurses, doctors and paramedics who were treating me had not discovered the wound on my ribs, the deeper and more dangerous of the two. Adrenaline from the fight was still in my veins an I had no sensation of pain. I was carted into the CT room, but at the last moment protested and refused to undergo the procedure for fear of recieving a massive amounts of radiation to my abdomen and testes. the techs and nurses looked at me in stunned disbelief. The head nurse came to assuage my fears and told me I would not recieve any more radiation than I would get in a day out in the sun. Hesitatatingly, I agreed after his reassurance. Mistake. He hwas several orders of magnitude short of the true danger. after the scan was complete I went to take a piss, and while looking at my wound in the mirror discovered the other wound on my side. It had been giving me a bit of pain but I chalked it up to soreness from the altercation which ensued after the stabbing. I grabbed the MD and showed him the wound and he ordered another CT, which he downplayed as well as being far less iradiating than an x-ray.
    The wounds were only 1.5CM deep and not near any vitals. The only competent care I recieved was the suturting. I am certain The hospital damaged me far more than my assailant, those wounds will heal in weeks, but the radiation is permanant. Every member of the staff from the technicians,to the nurses and up to the MD were totally ignorant about the dangers of CT scans. I can't say they lied to me, I really believe they are just morons, well-meaning, but extremely dangerous morons. The doctor told me lighheartedly of an infant who has recieved over 25 CT scans. I shudder to think of the implications for that child. The CT has become a substitute for competent medical care. Why did I trust those dumbfucks who couldn't even find the second stab wound when they had worked on me for hours, who treated me as a piece of meat, like an inanimate object? Two hiroshimas worth of radiation for two lacerations, what a fucking mess healthcare is in this country.

Last edited: May 2, 2013
  2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

you did not consent to these and they still did them?

3. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Oh, Arclite, so sorry to hear of this incident. I can imagine you were quite shocked at the time.
    Dr. Kruse talks about what he does for long airplane trips, perhaps that will help? For mitochondrial support/repair? Ubiquinol and vitamin D and such?

4. Arclite

Arclite New Member

Eventually I did agree to the procedure, but this was after steadfastly refusing for ten minutes. I only consented when I was assured by the nurse and doctor that it only involved a negligible amount of radiation, equivalent to a day spent in the sun.

5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

The sun adds photons while ionizing radiation depletes us of them.........this is why life evolved in the sun and no next to a quasar........This is why people call BS on us. When you do not know just admit it.

6. Arclite

Arclite New Member

I feel totally despondent. I interrogated the radiology staff at the hospital this afternoon but they spouted such absurd nonsense. The first woman they sent me told me that the dose of radiation I received was beneficial; that we humans require some radiation, and that our government would not allow these machines in hospitals if they weren't completely safe. Yikes. The second gentleman was more knowledgeable and pleasant, but still far from able to satisfactorily answer my questions. My uncle is a radiologist so I am going to talk to him tomorrow and have him explain my dose chart in plainer terms than mGy-Cm, I fear though he is too heavily invested in the field to give me an objective response. I should have gone to a goddamn veterinarian.

7. caroline

caroline Moderator

We should develop some kind of a protocol for when we wind up in emergency. When I was last there I was in shock and all alone ....they could have talked me into anything probably ...even tho we know better ...it is a tough situation.
    We need to - somehow- evaluate our situation for ourself and put the brakes on anything they are trying to talk us into - at least until we have a clearer picture ....or are unconscious!

8. Arclite

Arclite New Member

78 mGy or 7.8 Rad. Jesus, thats likely as much radiation than I have absorbed in my entire 24 year life, all to my balls and abdomen. I told them I didn't want to do it! Radiologist uncle has a grim sense of humor that has made me feel even worse. The answer I continue to receive is "we must weigh benefits with risks" They don't understand the risks. Not even a 30 year radiologist does. Only you guys do. they look at me like Im not right in the head, like what kind of person asks so many questions? God I hate them.

9. kathylu

kathylu Gold

This is nothing by comparison, but I refused Panorex dental x-rays at my last dentist visit. I asked the dentist to tell me what he would expect to find by doing this film...he said it could find bone cancer. I said it could cause bone cancer. I asked how he would protect my brain and thyroid from the xrays. He said it was the equivalent of a day in the sun. I said then you go first. He said I didn't understand anything about radiology...that most patients don't. I said I wasn't most patients. He said he couldn't continue to treat me if I refused beneficial procedures. I said at last we agree on something...this is my last visit.

Richelle Jones likes this.
  10. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

nice............

11. jib

jib New Member

Makes one wonder what the "real" issue with your request was? Can't bill for it; his thinking there may be liability on his part down the road should "something" crop up, or I just know more about this than you do?
    Perhaps you'll find a partner with those who advertise taking out old amalgams? I haven't been for a while, so not looking forward to this issue (may boot me out of the chair before we even begin-HA)
    Good on you for not caving.

12. GlenPDQ

GlenPDQ New Member

What happens when existing amalgams get x-rayed?

13. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Xrays are high energy EMF's. The photoelectric effect dictates what happens here. Nature's laws say if you shine light or ultraviolet light on a piece of metal, the light can knock electrons out of the metal. Back in the early 20th century, the photoelectric effect made science uncomfortable because their experiments could not show this to be true. The wave theory of light suggested as you turned up the brightness of the light, you should eject more electrons, because brighter light has more energy in it. But scientists had trouble with these ideas was because in their experiments this did not happen in their labs. If you shine light onto a piece of an element or group of elements like an amalgam, no electrons were ejected, no matter how bright the light was made. But when you changed the light to different color like violet, you could turn it down real low and still electrons will be ejected. The key is not the color.....it is the frequency of the wavelength. Since X-rays are very powerful because of its wavelength it is considered and ionizing form of EMF........and that means it has the power to eject a ton of electrons from the amalgam that can cause more damage. So this is why if you have a lot of metal in your body for any reason at all......X rays are more dangerous for you than people without metal in their body. Soon you will all be learning a lot more about this......as the QB series develops.

14. jib

jib New Member

Didn't you also mention that if someone had old metal ones, if they're ok, it's ok to leave them alone? Funny, my func med doc had me open my mouth to see how many metal ones I had, but really didn't comment much after she looked. Over time, I've had some replaced with the "other" than metal option if the tooth needed repair. Once upon a time ago, gold was supposed to be "the" metal to use, but most of the common folk couldn't afford it.----kind of dating myself here huh--ha..

15. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

when it comes to xray old new dont matter......the question posed was about Xrays and metal

16. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

gold is still the best.......but most dentist dont know how to work with it unless they are from the west coast. I did a gola foil for my dental boards believe ti or not.

17. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

18. Nittygrittydanny

Nittygrittydanny New Member

I had to have an xray of my neck last year and a CT to check for a concussion. I have metal in my spine (C5&6 fused) in 2010.

I haven't felt near a good the past year as I have before. Now I wonder if that has something to do with it???

19. TerrierMom

TerrierMom Gold

Link to the paper he mentions in the video above http://lifespa.com/risks-of-dental-x-rays-and-ct-scans/#comment-120789 with some things you can do to mitigate (on top of refusing xrays when you are not having symptoms).

I have had dental xrays every year for 40 years (they rotate which parts of my mouth they do). And within the last 2 months had a Panorex and a cone CT of my jaw. (I did have something that needed checking out, that turned out to be nothing to worry about). UGH.

20. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

you can remove the metal from your neck pretty easy.......