1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

I need sleep......

Discussion in 'The Leptin Rx' started by janagram, Jul 27, 2012.

1. janagram

janagram New Member

sounds awesome, Destiny! ! I lost my sleepmask at a hotel...gotta go get another one!

2. Destiny

Destiny New Member

Hi janagram! It did not last but I feel that my sleep is better quality now even with the interruption once a night. I need to find a better sleepmask too because my eyes get too hot and sweaty under it.

3. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

When I got tested, I was a 1 with a range from 3-10 so it was very low. I actually started self-dosing and then was told by a doc that I could take more. It didn't take but a month or two for my levels to climb over the range. I still take 7-keto dhea 50 mg a day and reg. dhea on occasion for good measure. I also put the reg. dhea in my face cream with some co and I love it. I also use the face cream if I've been in the sun too long. Never peel. Always turns into a tan.

If you use reg. DHEA watch for hairloss and/or acne. The acne tells me everytime if I am using too much. I never use to get it so I have to believe it is from that. When I back off, it goes away too. I noticed I also feel much more awake in the day when I start using it consistently. I couldn't figure out why a couple of weeks ago I was feeling crappy again and then realized I stopped the dhea altogether due to my lab results.

I would start at a low dose and stay there for a week or two and see what it gets you unless you were really dificient. Then you could probably take 50 a day or more until your levels start to build. Do get retested if you think you can feel something from it. You don't want male tendencies from it converting to T. I needed some T so I didn't mind initially. But, I know I have to watch it. I swear this is what has helped my sleep!

4. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

I really feel for you. Sounds like you were sleeping and now your not. I have no answers and don't really know much about the cycloset except what you all are posting. When are you taking the dhea? Only in the am right? Maybe try backing off the dhea to see if that really impacts it or not. It might take a week of an n-1 though to see a real result. Have to wonder if it is combining with the level of dhea and creating an effect. No clue here just thinking out loud. When is the last time you were tested for your dhea level? It probably is due to the cycloset but doesn't hurt to think about other options too.

So you aren't tired by 9 or 10pm? I am usually ready by 8. That sucks too. No night life for this ole' gal! Glad you are doing another asi. That usually answers a lot but if it is the cycloset what can you do besides wait it out? I am assuming you are already following all the c rhythm rules.

5. janagram

janagram New Member

this is so crazy: I lost my sleep mask and kept waking up at around 5 when the sky began to lighten just a bit....so I grabbed my blublocker goggles and pulled a black sock over them (threaded the goggles into the sock and had wraparound sleep goggles.) Loved them! but after a few days they began poking my head cuz they are , you know, hard! So I still need a new sleep mask.

6. Stavity

Stavity New Member

7. CarolMorris

CarolMorris New Member

In my consult Dr. K suggested I increase my 200mg of prometrium(progesterone) to 400mg(until sleeping well) and take it about 2 hours before sleep..that has helped. I wear the blue blockers--my problem is I fall asleep within 10 to 15 min of putting them on--most of the time way too early.

I also added the mag L-threonate with 3mg. of melatonin.

I've had awful sleep for years and now I'm getting 7-8 hours and only waking up once or twice in a week.

8. janagram

janagram New Member

Stavity...the bucky blinks looks awesome, but the site said they are out of stock and don't know when or IF they'll get more in.!! What??? did our orders paralyze them?

9. CarolMorris

CarolMorris New Member

I think they have other colors..I. just checked and they had multiple choices available.

10. Stavity

Stavity New Member

The other colors are in stock.

11. janagram

janagram New Member

oh, thanks!

12. janagram

janagram New Member

CarolM,

Thanks (belated) for posting your experience! Sleep's important. I am sleeping well now...amazing! I have only orange light in my bedroom...I have a bucky blinks mask (I put it on when needed, not always), it's quite cold now and I think that is helping me sleep too. We haven't turned our heater on yet. (duh, it's california)...but it is pretty cold at night.

Oh yeah, I take (before bed) mag malate, melatonin (3 mg) and GABA, 750 mg. Working...! So happy. Am I reset? I think so.

13. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

Loud drumming, big cheers and happy dances - you are sleeping well!!!! Woohoo.

14. CarolMorris

CarolMorris New Member

So happy for you! Sleep...the last frontier(at least as far as the leptin rx) it's what I have been waiting for. Sounds like the same for you??