1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

I need more help........to help you better.

Discussion in 'Feedback/Suggestions' started by Jack Kruse, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

You have an obligation to yourself only. You can only change yourself. You can’t let other people tell you who you are. You have to decide that for yourself. Health improvements always begin with I, not we. Here is a foundational issue about wellness.........the truth never changes, but you must. You must get on the path of truth and that path is lined with all the hard quantum physics I am sharing with you.

The reality of wellness is daunting. The closer you get to wellness in your life the more friends you will lose. People gravitate to you when you are average because it makes them feel comfortable with you. You must seek to be uncomfortable because optimal wellness is not found on a path of average moderation.

See when you decide to pursue greatness within you it makes everyone including those who love you an uncomfortable feeling. Sometimes you need to be prepared for the loss of people................

If you think this is wrong just think about all the people who once came here who have long since left................and then consider why the left. Optimal wellness truth path makes all of us uncomfortable fundamentally. I have told many of you get used to your discomfort. It is the key metric in hitting your goals long term.

As a physician I have learned many good lessons from my patients. People go on making bad decisions and remaining ill because they just can't resist natural forces that act upon our cells. They would rather have a pill of that ill or something to treat a symptom that brings quick relief. Moreover, many of them may know perfectly well that they are possibly buying a month's pleasure with a life's discomfort. I tell them that upfront. I make them understand the choice they are making. I have found over my life that all discomfort comes from suppressing your true identity. When you are sick you create a new identity and reality and you fall into it. Think about David the golf pro who was on here a few months ago getting pissed off about autism. He believes it can not be reversed and I do and that fundamentally destroyed his beliefs and paradigms. He has not been heard from since. This is the inconvenient truth about wellness...........it is not just a physical battle. You have to do battle with yourself and your dogma to beat any disease.

Discomfort brings engagement and change. Discomfort means you're doing something that others were unlikely to do, because they're hiding out in the comfortable zone. When your uncomfortable actions lead to success, your body finally begins to rewards you and your mind then brings you back for more of that Rx.

MrPinkies, Alex97232, Clayton and 3 others like this.
  2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Maybe now you understand why i give the paleo crowd a lot of discomfort. They need it.

3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

They just are unaware of it...........at a fundamental level.

4. caroline

caroline New Member

Dr. K. - You told me once - long time ago ....we need to have skin in the game. I have never forgotten that....

You have taught me lots of lessons - maybe not the ones you thought ......but life lessons just the same - thankyou.

5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I dont' try communicate with folks on their level, I try my best to connect with them on my level. Connection is empowerment. There is a very real difference between making "contact" and making a “connection” with someone else. Contact may lead to a one-time transaction, whereas, connection always leads to a life-time transformation. When you connect - which "investment" holds potential for the greater return with people?

Modern humans make contact thru social media. Reality is that humans contain invisible threads to nature and they bind us most strongly to our life. Today, technology allows us to contact many people together, but we are all dying of loneliness, in spite of these contacts. Reconnection is the key to survival. Disconnection is the key to destruction. The interesting thing - the same key opens both doors.

Brother John, MrPinkies and kyrakitty like this.
  6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

You must believe in your cause, because transformation is a one-way ticket. A caterpillar becomes a butterfly, and there is no turning back. When you stretch your canvas it never returns to the size it was. When you do this consistently, you begin to paint on an inspired plane. Transformation begins within. Stop living with your dysfunctions because they determine how you live and see life, Stop defending now and fight for what might be. Become invested in changing your status quo. Settling in life, is a slippery slope leading to mediocrity.

MrPinkies likes this.
  7. Josh

Josh New Member

A SUFI OF THE ORDER OF THE NAQSHBANDIS WAS ASKED, ’YOUR ORDER’S NAME MEANS
    LITERALLY ”THE DESIGNERS”. WHAT DO YOU DESIGN, AND WHAT USE IS IT?’
    HE SAID, ’WE DO A GREAT DEAL OF DESIGNING, AND IT IS MOST USEFUL. HERE IS A
    PARABLE OF ONE SUCH FORM:
    ’UNJUSTLY IMPRISONED, A TINSMITH WAS ALLOWED TO RECEIVE A RUG WOVEN BY HIS
    WIFE. HE PROSTRATED HIMSELF UPON THE RUG DAY AFTER DAY TO SAY HIS PRAYERS,
    AND AFTER SOME TIME HE SAID TO HIS JAILERS, ”I AM POOR AND WITHOUT HOPE, AND
    YOU ARE WRETCHEDLY PAID. BUT I AM A TINSMITH. BRING ME TIN AND TOOLS AND I SHALL
    MAKE SMALL ARTEFACTS WHICH YOU CAN SELL IN THE MARKET, AND WE WILL BOTH
    BENEFIT.”
    ’THE GUARDS AGREED TO THIS, AND PRESENTLY THEY AND THE TINSMITH WERE BOTH
    MAKING A PROFIT, FROM WHICH THEY BOUGHT FOOD AND COMFORTS FOR THEMSELVES.
    ’THEN, ONE DAY, WHEN THE GUARDS WENT TO THE CELL, THE DOOR WAS OPEN, AND HE
    WAS GONE.
    ’MANY YEARS LATER, WHEN THIS MAN’S INNOCENCE HAD BEEN ESTABLISHED, THE MAN
    WHO HAD IMPRISONED HIM ASKED HIM HOW HE HAD ESCAPED, WHAT MAGIC HE HAD
    USED. HE SAID, ’IT IS A MATTER OF DESIGN, AND DESIGN WITHIN DESIGN. MY WIFE IS A
    WEAVER. SHE FOUND THE MAN WHO HAD MADE THE LOCKS OF THE CELL DOOR, AND
    GOT THE DESIGN FROM HIM. THIS SHE WOVE INTO THE CARPET AT THE SPOT WHERE MY
    HEAD TOUCHED IN PRAYER FIVE TIMES A DAY. I AM A METAL-WORKER, AND THIS DESIGN
    LOOKED TO ME LIKE THE INSIDE OF A LOCK. I DESIGNED THE PLAN OF THE ARTEFACTS
    TO OBTAIN THE MATERIALS TO MAKE THE KEY – AND I ESCAPED.’
    ’THAT,’ SAID THE NAQSHBANDI SUFI, ’IS ONE OF THE WAYS IN WHICH MAN MAY MAKE HIS
    ESCAPE FROM THE TYRANNY OF HIS CAPTIVITY.’

Keep weaving the carpet, we are working on the key......

kyrakitty, Alex97232 and caroline like this.
  8. caroline

caroline New Member

As always Josh - thankyou!

I was just talking to Stella about all this ..... we seemed to have turned into a butterfly at the exact same time...how is that possible? Two people that had never known each other ...became instantly and forever entangled.

Now I understand why my old friends don't fit anymore ..... I make them slightly uncomfortable - I am moving forward at a record pace ...and they are stuck in comfortable ....the hard part is - I can't be around them - l have no connection there anymore ...they have no interest in moving forward and I have no interest in going backward!

I learn so much here every single day ..... I have a hard time with he QED .......but I sure do get - and love all this "Life" stuff. It is a magnificent combination!

I listened last nite to the May 2014 Q&A for the first time .... I can't even imagine, Dr. K. if you had needed to shut all this down ......and I certainly do understand what a toll this must take on you ....

We are always doing the asking ..... you also need to ask us for what you need too...... as you have done in this thread.

I am so glad that you have such a loving and supportive wife and family .....that is everything in my opinion.
    but - you deserve nothing less .......you definitely reap what you sew ......

Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
    Stella likes this.
  9. kyrakitty

kyrakitty New Member

Last edited: Jun 22, 2014
  10. caroline

caroline New Member

Thanks Kyra!

kyrakitty likes this.

11. this place has reignited my motivation to practice osteopathy and functional medicine, after a period of feeling disheartened.

12. kyrakitty

kyrakitty New Member

Jack said: Here is a foundational issue about wellness.........the truth never changes, but you must.​

I tell the above to my clients (in my own words but same message) who ask me for advice on how to get better. They then proceed to not follow through and then demand answers to questions they keep asking over and over again. I tell them again the above and then I add the following (in my own words but same message):

Jack said: You have an obligation to yourself only. You can only change yourself. You can’t let other people tell you who you are. You have to decide that for yourself. Health improvements always begin with I, not we.​

This dance with my clients gets old real fast...being a health care practitioner is challenging especially when many clients/patients are like talking to brick walls sometimes what you say penetrates and other times it bounces right off due to not enough electrons... sometimes health care practitioners forget to take care of themselves first and then helping becomes a nuisance for them.

I see my clients doing the following clear as day:

Jack said: When you are sick you create a new identity and reality and you fall into it.​

But my clients don't see they are doing this... They taught me to constantly ask myself am I doing this too?

As a practitioner I am focusing more and more on taking care of myself first and letting my clients take responsibility for their choices. In the end I see that many of my clients will never change THEY ARE TOO COMFORTABLE WHERE THEY ARE AT.... AND WHAT THEY GET OUT OF BEING SICK IS MORE VALUABLE TO THEM THEN BEING HEALTHY.

In short they don't want to get better.. and I am learning to accept their choice to stay sick.

caroline and Stella like this.
  13. ATL_Paleo

ATL_Paleo New Member

Welcome to the US healthcare model. Their sessions with you give short term relief of their symptoms .... but they refuse to search (or accept) the root cause.

Their lack of true action should mean continued repeat business for you. Rinse, repeat. Cash their checks, take care of yourself, and say "Next".

caroline and kyrakitty like this.
  14. caroline

caroline New Member

I am not so sure that it is all about the system ...... is't it maybe human nature? some will always want the easy way - and, of course, the system complies ...and lines their pockets.

A week or so ago I was with a group of friends - one of them asked me about my trip to Florida and why I had gone.
    I said that I went to an anti aging medical conference ....not one single person asked me one single thing thing!

How is that possible?

15. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Stunning lack of curiosity.

Jude and caroline like this.
  16. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

How is that possible?[/quote]

Caroline, I think it s alp about pitch. I think your convrsation would hace been longer if you had said something like this :Well,apparently to smoke 1929 Cuban cigars eat dozens of oystees and together with the doc that put us up to all this we stole the show at the socalled age management conference. Well he did not put ua up to it but hs thinking is a lot more coherent than any of theoffers there. "
    It is coldselling really where you need to dangle a carrot.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2014
    Jude likes this.
  17. ive said it many times, the best practitioner is the one who is the living embodiment of what they preach.
    when the wheels fall off a patient, and you are still standing there living optimally, the truth eventually clicks for them.
    i had a patient well up in tears as i discussed everything that has gone awry, as she realised that her beliefs subjugated her health. but she felt empowered to change because the spotlight was shone on the path to a new reality.
    very true re: patient identity. people get tied to their labels and their story. "i have fibromyalgia" etc
    i used to speak at a local fibromyalgia "support group" but really all it ever was, was a moan and groan group where they all wallowed in their story.
    the first thing i remember saying was that their condition has a title, but that title does little to help them, so lets let go of the "named disease" and look at the foundational conditions that led to it.
    i remember starting with grains and brominated products and saying they needed to avoid them. the questions started "what about biscuits?" "what about wholegrain bread??" one woman said "THATS PRACTICALLY MY WHOLE DIET!?" - she was scared that she had to change it, yet it still didnt click why she has this condition?!

all we can do as practitioners is lay out how it is, and let them come to the party. in my experience the ones who heed your advice tell many others who are of a similar ilk, which results in a client base who are nice to work with.

18. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Short attentionspan so ciety Iam afraid. Youneed to play by its rules andmake a surprising turnaround..

19. Jude

Jude Gold

I failed to impress this weekend as well......need some cool selling advice to suck them in!!
    Questioned re looking really healthy and esp DH.....

BUT......need some cool ways to break into that cognitive haze that surrounds them!....at least they recognized we've done something really different and that 3yrs later we're still looking "good"!!!!

Trouble is combating all the stuff they've read and want to discuss...and why not ..but lack of time:(kinda spoils all the fun;)....so have to follow up with reading material for those who've requested it.

Have one whose dh had suddenly decided on becoming a vegan.:eek:.....Another whose mum has picked up when given coconut oil.:).another who actually had heard of Chris Kessler.....she was the most informed and made the most headway with....

Now I have to make good info choices to inform these folk...I'd just prefer to talk ...but not possible.....any recommendations ?

20. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Jude, it might be a good idea to collect together those videos and articles that we find that are good for friends and relatives. Perhaps we could make a new thread...