1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

I need more help........to help you better.

Discussion in 'Feedback/Suggestions' started by Jack Kruse, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

The site is unfocused .........I am quite focused.

Brother John likes this.
  2. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

Got it. I think you've just moved into a kind of "BOOM" only mode.

3. Josh

Josh New Member

As I have tried to do in some places sometimes, a facilitator or manager of the forum could move stuff around into topical areas so that the development of ideas on a theme can be followed and built upon.

Another option is to simply limit the treads to ones you approve or start

Often there is a lot of good dialogue that crosses over from thread to thread and it is hard to stay with it.

Sometimes it starts again and repeats because someone could not pick up the original start of discussion on a given topic.

One idea would be to archive threads more frequently and close them. Just keep threads relevant to the current blogs/webinars open to focus discussion.

More rules about content and or more vigorous editing by administrators is another possibility.

Perhaps allow each member to continue their personal musings, documentation of their journey, etc. on their optimal journal. Otherwise limit participation to threads topical to what is currently being worked through.

Hell, just make the blog the Quilt with a thread for each square and everyone has to start an optimal journal to join. How much they want to post is their business. The focus is on building the conceptual understanding and fluency with the Quilt. That would give us visual thinkers something to hang our ideas and understandings upon that stayed constant......what do they call it in the memory world, a "memory palace" I believe.....o_O

4. Josh

Josh New Member

After all, that is where you began and it is where you are going......

5. cantweight

cantweight Gold

I miss the intimacy of the forum 2 years ago. You dropped bombs and then there was a collective hammering out of the information, a sharing of implementation, successes, failures....learning.

I find the forum overwhelming now. I don't like to be on the computer more than I have to and its impossible to follow all that is going on.

I would also appreciate some simplification....although I love the challenges that you present life does not always permit the time to figure out what I have read 3 times and have to google and wait for someone on the forum to unravel for me.
    I know you are thinking at 30,000 feet, I dont know if its even possible for you to write at 10,000 feet instead....perhaps I just need to hire a Jack interpreter ;)

Whatever you decide I do want to take a moment to thank you. Not sure where my little guy would be without the knowledge I have gained through you and the others on this site. That kid is thriving and I am truly grateful.

Trish, brandie, Curves and 4 others like this.
  6. PaulG

PaulG New Member

Personally I am losing interest in the forum as I simply can't keep up with the amount of information and inability to separate the wheat from the chaff. So I agree with Nonchalent about Likes and some of Josh's points.

There are a heap of add-ons for Xenforo that could make this forum more focused.

For example this one allows members to simply rate threads whereas this superior one allows finer grain classifications of likes into distinct categories such as Information.

I am not endorsing these add-ons per se as I just did quickie google search so my point is that ALL the possible Xenoforo add-ons should be reviewed by the Kruse support team and this community to see which ones would achieve the objective of making the forum more focused and easier for people to get the information they want out of it.

7. Josh

Josh New Member

For your amusement....

8. Pamela

Pamela Gold

I feel where you shine is in cutting edge information on health and anti-aging. For example, the whole subject of CT, when it came out a few years ago, I thought it was totally crazy. Who in their right mind would get into a tub of very cold water was my viewpoint. It took me a while to wrap my wits around it and read the blogs to understand the theory behind it. I had never heard of this before, yet now it is the thing that could be the main factor in my improvement. There are many of these, like going and looking to the sun first thing in the morning, wearing the amber glasses at night, etc.

So for me there could be more about these discussions, bring back some of the earlier main concepts if needed to expand on them. Or like you have recently brought new ideas to the table.

Unfortunately for me I don't get the science very well. So I wind up looking for parts I do understand and that seems to work.

I think a 1 hour Q&A may be too short, if it is only once a month.

As far as the forum, it is just that. A place where members can come and commiserate. I don't feel threads should be closed.

One point on the blog, I think an index by date would be very helpful. I have tried to go back to read things in order and it is not easy without the index by blog date.

Thanks for all you do.

9. yewwei.tan

yewwei.tan Gold

Via Negativa

This is one of the best lessons I learnt from Nassim Nicholas Taleb, namely that being wise is first and foremost about knowing what NOT to do, rather than trying to focus on what "solutions" to take.

So much of health today is about avoiding the stressors of modern life that seek to destroy our body's ability to be healthy.

Examples:
    That last example is illustrative of the kinds of scenarios where a member of this community could have benefitted greatly from knowing what is in the current blogs. This is not asking you to reveal stuff that's coming down the pipeline, but if possible, to issue warnings against actions that you see which are blatantly wrong and harmful to the person doing them.

For example, you've mentioned many times before that iodine should be taken in it's evolutionary package, but for some reason the point never seemed to sink it. An alternative approach could have been to say something like:

"Iodine should be eaten in its natural form, or else there can be serious negative consequences. If <some_list_of_symptoms> happens to you, then you need to back off fake man-made iodine big time. You'll see why in <future_blog_name>"​

Perhaps that sort of warning would have fell on deaf ears at the conception of this site, but I think your members know by now to take you seriously when you say that something can be really bad, and trust that the explanation for why is coming down the pipeline.

----

This shouldn't take that much time on your part, since it's the little nuggets that can make a big impact. Here's an example of what I mean.

I asked a question about Sun exposure and Skin Blushing a couple days ago -- http://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/sun-exposure-and-skin-blushing.10569/ . The response was that the answers would be within the June webinar. I'm totally fine with that answer, since I can afford to wait, but another way answer it would be something like one of the following:
    • "Good question, skin blushing after sun exposure is a good sign, contrary to what CW would lead you to think. The June Webinar will tell you why."
    • "Getting red skin tells me that your redox potential is screwed, I wouldn't stay in the sun for too long if I were you. The June Webinar will give you the answers."
    (Those are answers that I just made up by the way, not actual answers to my question)

In other words, you don't need to tell us why some course of action is bad, just that it is bad (hints are obviously welcome though :D); you can leave breadcrumbs that are actually useful to people's lives in the present, stimulate your more eager members to start pondering the mechanism of action, while also not revealing your cards until you decide to.

----

Life is lived by heuristics -- simple rules that we hold near to our head and heart, and that resonate (literally) with the situation that we're currently dealing with, and provide us with the intuition needed to avoid getting harmed.

Unfortunately, the toxicity of data increases faster than its benefits (Taleb's quote). We're being inundated by all sorts of sensory input today, and Gangrad pointed out certain pitfalls in trying to "listen to the doctor in your head" (to which I replied -- http://forum.jackkruse.com/index.ph...nar-with-dave-asprey.10486/page-4#post-120887)

Some slight tweaks to the way that you respond to topics on this forum can greatly help us cut through the fog.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
    sooperb, Albert83BCN, BJK77 and 3 others like this.
  10. Inger

Inger Silver

Yew, I like your ideas! ^^ Very much. :)

I also would like an improved focus "a la Jack" of the site. I too get a bit lost in this new forum... ?
    I just do not have any clear idea yet how to do.. in addition to what is said here

I do love the rule about human pic... if I imagine a forum with no human faces it would be too sad
    I wish everyone would do Jack and others in the community the favor and show their face :)

caroline likes this.
  11. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

You know, didn't really consider the $ factor. Just have had frustration working through glitches on my account. Last go-round with Support was due to the Dashboard malfunctioning. It was eventually resolved.

I heartily agree with others that a single sign-on for all of our content would be very helpful. Love the forum and the downloadable content here (webinars/QAs). I understand the need to streamline them more and Yewwie.tan's suggestions are great.

caroline likes this.
  12. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Yewwei's comment about the webinars - Probably one of the most important ones! Don't know if its possible - but I need more time than 3-5 days to view/listen to the webinar given evening work schedules in our house. DH's is behind usually and gets frustrated that he can't listen to the webinars before the Q&As

Ideally - if you're a head on the webinars - ie you've already recorded May, June, July - they should be released to members at the beginning of the month with a Q&A scheduled for 1 hr at the end of the month. That gives us time to listen - several times if necessary to begin to form our questions. I do think if you want to keep Q&As focused - questions should be limited to x area. Depending upon your support - we could submit our Q&A questions to you before hand - or post them in a thread - so you can see what we're interested in understanding

I do support the KISS method in all things.

caroline, cantweight and nicld like this.
  13. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Paul the forum is resource for people use 100% their own way.........that wont change. If you find the forum not useful you need to figure out why.......the forum is not and never will be focused. It is designed to answer the things in the present that people present. I add my 2 cents when I see fit.........I stay out when people are thinking out loud and innovating their thoughts........its archived here for you to surf.........and use it as you see fit. The forum is the only part of the site I like..........ironically. The website functionality is a problem for me

14. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

taking or giving more time to review webinars is OK.........I think It is a good idea. Support must automated. But to do so requires a website that is functional........there in lies the real problem in my view. The webinar technology platform has to change. I want to build an online class room where they go. I am thinking of using something they use in colleges now to do that. My son gave me the idea. He uses it and they all love it.

15. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Here is what I struggle with.........how a newbie gets on here.........its a mess. The forum is the only saving grace there.

The site itself.......when you come to it.........it is hard to figure out what to do first.

Most of you been here for a while.........I am thinking about people who have not and I been reading lots of emails about this issue.

Penny, Optimalbound, Curves and 2 others like this.
  16. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

I was thinking about this …. in what form are future new members going to access all the information you have laid out? Is the book you are writing now going to organize your material from the epi-paleo point on?

The CT protocol, leptin rx, mito. rx, epi-paleo, circadian reset, EMF rx…..all of these are actionable and prescriptive, I think these are what people grab onto to start changing their lives. Quantum biology, the quilt, the three legged stool, the challenge to modern paradigms….these underpin everything you write. Somehow the sheer volume of material is taking away from the simplicity of these principals. I believe you want people to get it all….how to discover their own optimal health, understand what N=1 really means AND have a facility with these principals.

Curves, Martin, BJK77 and 1 other person like this.
  17. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

I actually had that written out before you posted LOL

Shijin13 likes this.
  18. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Yes SeaHorse.......the new book will cut thru 2.5 yrs .......it will help......but it is not here yet.

I want this place to be the first place of interaction..........but I am wondering if the content and topics is really net appropriate?

BJK77 and Shijin13 like this.
  19. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Here is the thing.......I give you CT and make it simple.......people will think its nuts. Pam just told me that. You have to explain why its not nuts and quite sane........so when somebody watches the news and sees a kid go from San Jose to Hawaii in a plane wheel well at 38000 people in the media do not tell you its a miracle.........its not. It is primordial to our biology and I can explain it in detail. Moreover, it is a Rx for keeping electrons flowing in sick or very altered environments.

caroline and Shijin13 like this.
  20. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I think a date index of the blog is critical too.......I ve always thought that. I absolutely hate that the old index went away. My fault I did not put up a bigger stink about it.