1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

I need more help........to help you better.

Discussion in 'Feedback/Suggestions' started by Jack Kruse, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I have decided to make drastic changes to the site and how content is delivered. I want to be better than what I was. I am personally, ready for a big change. There are things I think need to be radically changed. But I want your input. I need you to tell me first what is good......what is bad.......and then post your top 3 wants, desires, and needs for the new direction of JackKruse.com

I have hired new people to deliver content in a different way.

I want to blow it all up, honestly.

But I do not want to throw the baby out with the bath water.

So since this place is as much yours as it is mine.........I need to hear from members.

Members input is who I am interested in..........I want to crowdsource your ideas.

Not all will I use. But members are who I am interested in. My plan is make webinars and my time with members more valuable.

My time is very limited and I need to consider how to deliver what I must and limit my computer time.

So leave it here........I will be reviewing it constantly over the next 3 weeks.

I want innovation......I want reality. I listen. I do not want a bitch and moan fest.

I know there are problems. Your emails directly to me have struck a nerve.

It is time to change. Help me help you.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
  2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

The first change will be the May 2014 webinar. It will be a one hour Q & A. Plan appropriately. Get your questions in early and I will be short and to the point. From here on in Webinars will be limited to one hour Q & A.

Josh and Shijin13 like this.
  3. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

IT Support - working out issues via trading emails is not very efficient at times. Would it be possible to get a call back option if requested?

The Optimal Reset series was fantastic. I would love more content like that, even if it is in a shorter series. There are so many good subjects left to be covered and things are changing so rapidly.

Thanks for asking for input. Will mull it over and post more later.

4. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

I love the forum. I also love the webinars. Things that will help:

Single log-in. I shouldn't need 4 different log ins to access different content on the site

If I've purchased a content EMF Webinar, Heal Your Hormones bootcamp - I should be able to access that in the same way.

For example When I log in to my "member dashboard" I should be able to see all the programs I've purchased and then be able to access them at will.

So I should be able to see all the EMF Bootcamp Webinars/Q&A and Heal Your Hormones Bootcamp/Q&A on the same page as my Membership content - Silver/Gold/Platinum. If I can't see or access what I've purchased and I have to email support every time I want to watch something - total PITA.
    I'm still having problems accessing those two bootcamp, yet I'm supposed to have access to content.

Also I shouldn't have to go check back emails to see if I missed the webinar info.

I love the blog interaction, I also like the Facebook interaction as well. I think Ask Jack has great value - though recently the regular threads have more gold in them than Ask Jack has of recent....

My question to you Jack - is how do you want content delivered? How do you want to interact with your community? What is your goal for how you want us to grow?

For content - are you looking for simple and streamlined? blogs, the forum and monthly webinars and quarterly Q&A's instead of monthly Q&A's or are you looking for something robust that keeps the community engaged? regular blogs, video blogs, monthly webinars and Q&A's, participating on other's Podcasts etc?

For interaction - are you looking for 1-on-1, or maintaining the collective education? How would you like interaction to occur? more on ask Jack? the blog itself, in the forum itself or on FB. Or are you looking for a new medium?
    Do you plan to keep using Start Meeting for webinars Q&A? Or are you going to move to something like google hangouts? start meeting has its good and bad components - like privacy and only the people with the # can access the Q&A. Where as google Hangouts - are real time and anyone who looking for a hang out can drop in. (I haven't figured out how to make a large group google hangout private and I think there's a limit on the # of people in a google hangout which might be good if you want a small group)

For starfish growth - do you see a new medium providing value? if so what's that medium? Are you thinking several face to face conferences? I'd love to do one of those... but travel funds are limited right now. But knowing I could potentially have the option 4 x/year to meet you and other forum members somewhere, I'm in.

Gretchen

Danny, Martin and fitness@home like this.
  5. Josh

Josh Gold

Watch at least one of Neil Tyson's "Inexplicable Universe" the economy and balance of words and images is gentle and effective, but not really simple or dumbed down. I am not saying that you should emulate this, it is just what has impressed me recently.

Consider Powerpoints to contrast the dense text. Perhaps someone could take a text blog and break it into a powerpoint with supporting images as a foundation for each series of blogs. Something of an outline with key concepts broken out. The links are great and they take away from the flow.

More when it comes.....

6. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

I like using the like feature, and I like getting likes. But I don't like seeing likes in the list of forum activity. I'd like to see a shorter list of activity, without the likes, to speed up getting updated. Am I making sense?

Albert83BCN, PaulG and Josh like this.
  7. Jonathin

Jonathin Gold Member

I agree about the listing of likes and other activity that doesn't reflect actual posts. Recent Activity page is how I access the blog

8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Not possible based upon $ at all. If you want this you have to pay more for a human. Is that really what you want? I can do it for a cost.

9. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I need more than you to say this is something you want...............I need to hear the same things over and over before I innovate.

10. Josh

Josh Gold

I will affirm that I am enjoying this format and there is no need to change anything. I respect your need to limit your time. the improvements since the last round of comments are noticeable and appreciated.

nicld and Shijin13 like this.
  11. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

^^^thanks Josh and I truly appreciate your input but the emails to me directly have been echoing on my brain................change needs to happen. I am not satisfied because most members are not satisfied.

12. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

I like your comment on likes Nonchalant…also agree with Gretchen on the log in and password craziness. I'm really happy with the new format of the site in other respects.

Do you mean that all Q&A's are now limited to an hour, or that the monthly webinars will become Q&A's?? Wasn't sure.

Although I got a ton of good stuff out of the optimal reset…there was a lot of contradictory information from the various guests….discernment is a good thing to develop but as far as making your ideas and work central to the site, it may be counterproductive to have this presented without your context being part of the process. Your discussions with some of the guests and Jeremy in his webinar were great.

I would be interested in seeing/hearing more interactions between you and people you are inspired by or interested in.

As I said before…I'm not a fan of all the Facebook groups that sprouted out of the optimal reset and the e-courses, and I wonder how active they were…but that's not a serious thing, just a lone luddite in the crowd.

My overall impression is that the site is fractured a bit….so many places where you are commenting….blogs, ask Jack, journals, threads, Facebook, webinars, etc. etc.
    Twitter.. I love it and yet I think it's becoming unwieldy. Not sure what I would change though….will think some more.

caroline and Shijin13 like this.
  13. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Seahorse going forward.......there will be more Jack.......less everyone else......but also less Jack. Meaning we need to be focused. The blog will remain the same........but the interaction will change. I want you to help that........what do you want from me.

brandie likes this.
  14. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

And I agree.......it is fragmented by design......not my design but I allowed it to happen so it is my fault. That is one of the things I opt to change. This place will have the gravity........but the webinars are where I plan to lay the pipe

caroline, Shijin13 and Josh like this.
  15. yewwei.tan

yewwei.tan Gold

If Q&As are going to be limited to an hour, then we're going to need to clarify the exact goal of such Q&As. Is it to allow for member interaction? For expanding on topics that can't easily be conveyed in words? To talk directly to people about their specific problems?

I think making a Q&A agenda is going to be useful -- which means that Jack and the Community knows roughly what topics the Q&A are going to cover before it starts. At the very least, a set of guidelines should be set up as to what we hope to achieve via the Q&As.

An example would be to treat the Q&A almost like a University Tutorial, whereby Jack would flag certain topics and questions from various sources (forum, blog, facebook, etc ...), and then compile that into a document to be distributed to members somehow. This would require the community to actively post questions before the scheduled Q&A, instead of with-holding questions to the Q&A session. This may also prevent certain personal health related questions from being asked in the lead-up to a Q&A.

One way to have a shareable document is just to use a collaboratively edited Google Docs document. It will be "shared publicly", but the link will only be made known to members. Edit permissions will be given to moderators, while the rest of the community can comment on the document to aid in steering the direction of the discussion. This solution is free ($$ wise), and requires that members have a Google Account should they want to comment on the document. The end result should be a nice little summary document of the Q&A.

Of course, Google Docs doesn't have to be the solution, and any other means of distributing a digital document file containing summary information from the Q&A would suffice.

---

Regarding scheduling, webinars should be released at least 7 days before the scheduled Q&A if possible, so that mortals like me can digest the material. Having some lag time would also allow facilitate the measures I suggested above.

---

On a selfish note, I'd like the blogs to be more readable. The blogs are dense, and oftentimes its the simple 2-3 line sentences that set the context for the proceeding paragraph. The order of information is also important, and sometimes the reader is left with too many disparate threads that. I also personally like the 1-idea-1-paragraph rule.

I personally think that having an editor would be helpful, whether they be professional or amateur (like asking your son to proofread the blogs for you).

I know this is an unreasonable and vague request, but I'd be willing to help if possible.

Trish and Cpt.Tired like this.
  16. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

^^^ google docs is on the agenda......so this is great feedback. I may have you innovate with my new team.

Josh likes this.
  17. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

my son has agreed to proof read blogs already so this is done.

Cpt.Tired, nicld, Josh and 1 other person like this.
  18. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

I agree that the Q&As need a focus. I think there are a few important features that occur in the direct conversations with you and the members….1. the clarification of the specific webinar content, 2. the chance to ask questions about any other content on the site 3. the chance to ask personal content questions. These may be themes that need to be treated separately. Questions submitted ahead of time can work to weed out repeats which drive you crazy…perhaps there should be specific Q&As which are set aside for personal context issues and some that are just about the webinar content?

caroline likes this.
  19. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I agree.......but I am done with extraneous issues. Members is the focus. So then tell me how to innovate it. It was a tough decision.......but i have decided.

20. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

What do you mean by extraneous?