1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

I need help with my music education.......

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by caroline, Jan 8, 2014.

1. Da-mo

Da-mo Gold

Might as well while Im at it . . . . . think all here can identify with a cool change.
    John Farnham with LRB at the height of his vocal prowess.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
  2. Da-mo

Da-mo Gold

This one would make be proud to be am Ozzie, and thats saying something coming from a Kiwi aye:p When it ends it feels like it only just began - always a sign of a classic! Offered to those cheatin'Aussies in the spirit of ANZAC - lest we forget:)

3. Jake Tassell

Jake Tassell New Member

Morwell Unlimited Meet King Tubby's - Lightning and Thunder...

Da-mo likes this.
  4. Da-mo

Da-mo Gold

Who is old enough to remember the theme from the "Our World"nature series?
    Oxygene and Equinox - Jean Michel Jarre

5. Da-mo

Da-mo Gold

You might like this then

6. Da-mo

Da-mo Gold

Not a Madonna fan, but I reaaly like this . . . I would say it is her best.

7. Michalis

Michalis New Member

I could not resist not posting this :)

8. Billybats

Billybats New Member

One last posting then back to work. Love this song, so simple and we all wish this..lol I always felt like a gypsy at heart.

Allin likes this.
  9. Pogo

Pogo New Member

A song, written by and first recorded with the original LRB singer, Glenn Shorrock.

Not "Sadie, the Cleaning Lady"?

10. Pogo

Pogo New Member

Another one from Mr Farnham, written and originally recorded by another; this time Cold Chisel.

On Cold Chisel: I always find it amusing that three of the biggest and best Australian rock bands - Cold Chisel, AC/DC, Met at Work - each had Scotsmen up front.

PS. It's only cheating, if it is against the rules. Otherwise, it is merely superior planning.

Da-mo and Allin like this.
  11. Da-mo

Da-mo Gold

No not Sadie :rofl:

Dont even get me started on Aussies poaching talent from other countries . . . . . . . :whistle:

Pogo likes this.
  12. Pogo

Pogo New Member

Haha. True. Most of us are still convinced that Split Enz/Crowded House are Aussie bands! :whistle::p

13. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Your taste in music represents what your mood would sound like if you could hear it.

Lahelada and brandie like this.
  14. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

This was the highlight of the entire Obama presidency for me. Everything else was tragic.

brandie likes this.
  15. Da-mo

Da-mo Gold

There are only 3 people in this club - 100 million with a band and another 100million solo.
    1. Paul McCartney
    2. Michael Jackson
    3. Phill Collins . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . could just as well be singing about 5G!!!!!!

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  16. Da-mo

Da-mo Gold

If you can find a link that does better justice to this song], would love to hear it.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  17. Pogo

Pogo New Member

Mate, it would not be fair for me to compare. I carry a heavy negative bias with respect to John Farnham. I acknowledge the virtuosity of his voice, but I can't bring myself to like it.

My ex-Mother-in-law is a devoted fan of both he, and Celine Dion - as in, "all day every day on repeat" devoted. It may be some catastrophic pairing of the two of them, but they both now send all of the wrong kinds of chill up my spine.

18. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Changing gears a bit.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
    caroline likes this.
  19. caroline

caroline Moderator

changes in attitude and changes in Latitude ....how appropriate for a mitochondriac. I needed this today - my attitude sucks. Even tho so many things in my life are so much better - I can't walk to a great beach like I used too. I need to get over it! It is only 8-10 minutes by car and we are surrounded by water - so I am still a very lucky girl.

brandie likes this.
  20. Da-mo

Da-mo Gold

As is my custom when imbibing of more Malbec than is conducive to coherent discussion - I once again seek refuge in the music thread . . . . . .

How could I have not included any Creed in this thread - must be low dopamine . . . . I think they are from down his neck o'the woods too . . . .

How I felt when I found JK's blogs and forum . . . .

The day reminds me of you
    The night hides your truth
    The earth is a voice
    Speaking to you
    Take all this pride
    And leave it behind
    'Cause one day it ends
    One day we die
    Believe what you will
    That is your right
    But I choose to win
    I choose to fight