1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

I need help with my music education.......

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by caroline, Jan 8, 2014.

1. Billybats

Billybats New Member

Niiiiccccceeee. I did read this and they had different translations of what it would mean. I like the one you wrote, it was one of the translations. I also read "in the light" that's a Niiiiccccceeee one tooo. I didn't realize what interesting music they sing. I thought it was just rambling stupid heavy metal stuff until now... humm..

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Led Zeppelin for me is why I got into quantum biology. I listen to them when I do deep thinking.

Phosphene and Allin like this.
  3. Billybats

Billybats New Member

I could definitely understand that now. I never gave them a chance. Didn't stop to listen, especially with a glass of wine if I could only tolerate drinking some.

4. Jake Tassell

Jake Tassell New Member

One of the main reasons I posted that was: Did you see the look on Jim's face?

Well, Led Zeppelin were OK, I suppose, but this is the kind of conversation that's best held over a few sherberts in a London pub.

The question "Why-can't-everyone-else-hear-what-I-hear?" is the longest conversation of all. LOL.

Phosphene likes this.
  5. Jake Tassell

Jake Tassell New Member

I always thought it interesting that Elvis Presley, James Brown and Jimi Hendrix had Cherokee forebears. Not sure about Link Wray, although Injun of some sort.

6. shiran

shiran Curious

Mirabai Ceiba - Song of the Stars

we are the stars which sing
    we sing with our light;
    we are the birds of fire,
    we fly over the sky.
    our light is a voice;
    we make a road,
    for the spirit,
    for the spirits to pass over.

7. shiran

shiran Curious

All day playing in my head

Phosphene likes this.
  8. Andrea

Andrea What is NOT on the menu?

9. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Music with a strong beat can stimulate brain waves on EEG which improve concentration and cognition, even after you've stopped listening. This is the power of sound waves because their energy can last in a fluid cell for extended periods of time because of their physics.

SlamSlask, caroline and shiran like this.
  10. shiran

shiran Curious

Im humming and singing every time I have to drive my car next to a cell tower. I would like to learn more on what happenes to the frequency of tunes and music in my water inside my body and in my mitochondria

11. Billybats

Billybats New Member

Haven't seen that movie in years..yeeesss I liked that movie, song, and dancing.

I like this song for dancing too...yeah dancing in the rain...niiiccccce.. He's not bad either.

12. Billybats

Billybats New Member

Haha one more

Nadya and Da-mo like this.
  13. And now for something completely similar..

14. Da-mo

Da-mo Gold

So . . . . what was the great song of 2017?

My 2nd daughter reckons it was Despacito

but being older and wiser I would place Despacito alongside feel=good songs like the Macarena. these songs and the videos that go with them capture the joy of life and the feeling of being alive. All my children are in their twenties looking forward to the best years of their lives . . . . . . oh to be able to put an old head on young shoulders . . . . . if only to dispel the invincibility of youth

Most of us here (not all) are looking to perpetuate, recover or project that feeling. We are older, we have issues, we have heath problems to solve and we have an urge to fill what time we have left with a quality of life. We want to heal and thrive like we once did without squandering the energy we have like we did in our youth.

For me the song of the last year just has to be RagnBone Man's Human. I challenge you to find anyone who does not know every word of this song and who will not remember it in 10 years time.

Give yourself a beak. You're only human after all . . . . .

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  15. Da-mo

Da-mo Gold

BTW,Happy New Year everyone!!! I wish for you all that the year brings you what you need - which is not necessarily what you want. So on a musical note . . . .

I''m not a Stones fan but . . . . if you try sometimes . . . . you just might find . . . . . you get what you need . . . . .

16. Da-mo

Da-mo Gold

Oh, BTW, Anne and Nancy Wilson's (Heart) rendition of Stairway To Heaven during Led Zeppelin's induction into the RocknRoll Hall of Fame made Robert Plant shed tears . . ..

17. Da-mo

Da-mo Gold

About once each year I convince my son to sit in the sun with me and play chess with a few beers and if he doesn't take over the sounds I put this on for background music . . .

I have a special chess set for this with a board made of sandblasted etched glass and glass chess pieces. I will bequeath it to him one day when I pass from this world. I think I will place a copy of this album with it.

drezy likes this.
  18. Da-mo

Da-mo Gold

Next month I am going to see Queen Live with Adam Lambert. I cannot think of anyone else who could stand in for Freddie. Dat boy got some serious pipes!!!

19. Da-mo

Da-mo Gold

On my 49th birthday in April 2017 my son picked up a guitar and started playing with it. Some sort of structure formed and he quietly started singing the first verse of a song. At the chorus he momentarily stopped playing the guitar and gestured for people to join in - his sisters (my daughters) joined in the vocal. Totally spontaneous and it was the best birthday present I ever got by FAAAAAARRRR! It wasn't a song they planned to sing for me and I dont think they even sang it to me - but seeing the bond between them in that moment made my whole life worthwhile. This is the song they sang together as brother and sisters ..... it still brings a tear to my eye just recalling that special moment. . ,

20. Da-mo

Da-mo Gold

A blast from the past and an excellent guitar party sing along . . .