1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

I have tried to overcome an addiction. It costs a lot.

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by BrunoB, Jun 2, 2019.

1. BrunoB

BrunoB New Member

hello good day. I have addiction to virtual sexual fantasies and to masturbate. I want to improve to have more free time, etc.
    What I tried:
    I gave my pc and cell phone to a friend for a few weeks.
    I started playing an instrument, which gives me pleasure, but it's not the same.
    Replace the virtual with magazines or stories on paper.
    I was more calm and orderly but I felt that I did not have "so much pleasure".
    I tried almost everything, sunbathing at the correct times, avoid artificial light, move every day, do CT, etc.
    I have searched for articles and some give medication and others do behavioral treatments, but, I think it is still insufficient.
    Any advice? Thanks in advance.

2. Inna

Inna Platinum

BrunoB likes this.
  3. BrunoB

BrunoB New Member

Thanks for the advice. Did you read it to the book? Did it help you overcome an addiction?
    I have looked at it and I see that when it talks about strategies to overcome addiction in the short and long term, it tells mainly about people's experiences.

4. Bob Stirling

Bob Stirling New Member

http://www.beawarebealive.com/aboutus

John Flaherty, I've read both of his books and are recommended.

Addiction Unplugged : How to be Free, English, 2014

Guilt Unplugged: Waking up from the lie we live, English, 2017

BrunoB likes this.
  5. BrunoB

BrunoB New Member

Thanks, Bob.
    I've seen some interviews quickly. Do you propose to overcome them through religion or mystical issues?

6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

addiction = dopamine issue = melanopsin dysfunction.

Fix the environment and you win.

[​IMG]

MITpowered26, Bob Stirling and BrunoB like this.
  7. Bob Stirling

Bob Stirling New Member

No it's not religion or mystical, it's about your perspective of beliefs and energy. What is you and what is not? What do you really want in your life?

BrunoB likes this.
  8. Bob Stirling

Bob Stirling New Member

An interview, discussion with Adrian Rides and John Flaherty. From conscious.tv

BrunoB likes this.
  9. Get ahold of a BT9 by Sota Instruments. Wear that fucker till your skin can’t take it. Research it, should break the cycle for you.

BrunoB likes this.
  10. BrunoB

BrunoB New Member

Thanks for the input. Unfortunately I am not very spiritualistic or mystical.
    That is how to use infrared emitting instruments?

11. I don't know what you're talking about with infrared. Did you even google it? It's a CES device used to interrupt the feedback loop you're struggling with.

Edit - nevermind. I thought this was a severe drug addiction. How I missed the sexual fantasy thing, I have no idea. Stop being weak and get something important going in your life that's part of your purpose. Just decide...