1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

I found a bad ass blue light mitigation hack!!!

Discussion in 'Biohacking 101' started by RyanMSauce, Jun 30, 2015.

1. RyanMSauce

RyanMSauce New Member

Hey everyone I am very excited about this. Blue blocking glasses are great around the house at night but if you want to go out and socialize past sundown its a little weird looking like you are about to do some wood work.

I thought that yea it would be cool to have amber tinted contact lenses and lo and behold they make them!

http://www.mariettaoptometry.com/sport

I think even if you don't have sight problems you can get them without vision correction.

LBK likes this.
  2. DrAudrey

DrAudrey New Member

Cool!

3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

contacts? I see you don't read blogs carefully. Bad idea

nicld likes this.
  4. RyanMSauce

RyanMSauce New Member

These would only be to wear at night after the sun goes down if you are going out. It would be the same thing as the blue blocking glasses except you don't look as weird wearing orange glasses at night.

5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Again......you missed the point and the science and when you invoke vanity..............see ya.

6. There are no blood vessels at the outer surface of the eye, so you depend entirely on the oxygen from the air directly.
    If you put contacts on, you block that oxygen supply and create (pseudo)hypoxia. This is definitely nothing you want to have.
    So better look geeky:glasses:

Flawed and Joe Gavin like this.
  7. RyanMSauce

RyanMSauce New Member

Is lasik a good option? I have really bad vision. -8.00 contact prescription. I have glasses that I try to wear half of the day but I get dizzy from them. I try and get as much light into my eye in the first half of the day as possible. I know contacts are horrible before I knew better I was wearing them 24/7 sometimes.

8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

9. JoeBranca

JoeBranca Silver

ah the high cost of past cluelessness... shooting myself in the foot for the quick fix, getting lasik 14 years ago. and then encouraging the wife to do the same two years ago : /